997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Proto GT2 vs Bugatti Veyron !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prche951
I really don't care if a turbo/gt2 beats a veyron. I was just giving you the simple physics of it. The car with the better power to weight ratio wins. The GT2 in this case has a better power to weight ratio. Thus, it wins. My understanding is that this is not the first time a Veyron has been beaten by a GT2, just that this time there is a video.

My porsche brother, there are many many factors that go into which car is faster other than power to weight ratios, if you were correct then physics wouldnt really come into the mix,,, sorry but even though I understand your point it is way too simple to be the answer here

Old 03-29-2010, 11:01 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Also the GT2 is RWD and if it's on the right tires, it should really help it on the highway vs the Veyron's hp-robbing AWD. If the Veyron is 1,000hp it probably has more drivetrain loss than the GT2 because of the awd system, whereas the GT2 is RWD so it will have less drivetrain loss, further narrowing the hp gap they have (still a large gap, but enough that you can factor it in).

Very cool video. Seeing this same GT2 beat that bike also proves that it's not a fluke. This is one FAST machine

Old 03-29-2010, 11:56 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Again a GSXR1000 with exhaust & ECU does 100-200 in 3,8sec measured with PBOX

Old 03-29-2010, 06:17 PM
MKS
MKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by milou
Again a GSXR1000 with exhaust & ECU does 100-200 in 3,8sec measured with PBOX
Thats why you dont race a bike from speeds below 160km

Old 03-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
believe me, I love Porsche just as much as the next nut on here , however, without the info, it still is hard to swollow, as much as I'd love to hear that the a Porsche beat the Veyron, that video shows the veyron getting absolutely spanked, not really very believable
Apparently you have succumbed to the Veyron hype.

Other than top speed, Veyrons aren't really all that fast. They trap 142 and run 60-130 in 5.6 seconds. Fast as hell for a production car, sure. But there are literally dozens of modified cars on this forum alone that would slaughter one up to 200 mph.

Power to the ground, weight, aerodynamics and gearing are what make a car fast. The Proto GT2 has the advantage over the Veyron in at least 3 of these areas....so as has been said, it's really a no-brainer. GT2 wins.

Example: My now sold Protomotive 996TT at only 830 rwhp went 30-150 in 9.28 seconds. The Veyron takes 10.6 seconds. My car went 50-150 in 8.03 seconds. Veyron takes 9.7 seconds.

The higher the speed, the faster my car was over the Veyron. That's HP to the ground and aero. These time differences translate to multiple car lengths at those speeds.

Now, consider that this GT2 in the video makes almost the same power my car was making, and weighs 200 lbs less. The GT2 has a drag coefficient of only .32, compared the Veyron's cd of .41.

The GT2 puts around the same power to ground as the Veyron (the Veyron has a lot of parasitic losses throught its AWD drivetrain), the GT2 weighs 800 lbs less, the GT2 has slicker aero...you do the math.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a a$$ when I say this; but the day you own a Porsche that makes over 800 to the wheels...is the day you'll finally realize that the Veyron was not nearly as fast as you once thought.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-30-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:03 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Apparently you've have succumbed to the Veyron hype.

Other than top speed, Veyrons aren't really all that fast. They trap 142 and run 60-130 in 5.6 seconds. Fast as hell for a production car, sure. But there are literally dozens of modified cars on this forum alone that would slaughter one up to 200 mph.

Power to the ground, weight, aerodynamics and gearing are what make a car fast. The Proto GT2 has the advantage over the Veyron at least 3 of these areas....so as has been said, it's really a no-brainer. GT2 wins.

Example: My now sold Protomotive 996TT at only 830 rwhp went 50-150 in 8.03 seconds. Veyron takes 9.7 seconds.

From 30-150 my car took 9.28 seconds. The Veyron takes 10.6 seconds. Those time differences translate to multiple car lengths at those speeds.

Now, consider that this GT2 in the video makes almost the same power my car was making, and weighs 200 lbs less. You do the math.

Anyway, I'm not tryin to be a a$$ when I say this; but the day you own a Porsche that makes over 800 to the wheels...is the day you'll finally realize that the Veyron is not nearly as fast as you think.
well, coming from you I will take it as truth, , I know that you have tons of knowledge in this area, especially when it comes to modding, its just that the video and lack of info really didnt make sense. But when given the numbers you state above I guess you are correct. Thanks for making the video a lot clearer

Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
well, coming from you I will take it as truth, , I know that you have tons of knowledge in this area, especially when it comes to modding, its just that the video and lack of info really didnt make sense. But when given the numbers you state above I guess you are correct. Thanks for making the video a lot clearer
Glad I could help, my friend.

You should get in touch with joetwint here on the forum. He lives in your area and would probably be happy to give you a ride in his 1,000+ rwhp TT.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:20 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Power, drag and gearing are far more important at big speed than power to weight ratio. The Veyron actually puts out closer to 1100 hp as well. I am curious as to the specs as well since normally an 850 flywheel hp car should not pull a 1100 flywheel hp car at big speeds.

It appears that the Veyron let out of it and lost his nerve more than anything. As the speeds rise the Veyron gains more and more of an advantage if he had the cajones to stay in it. There are alot of cars that can beat a Veyron 0-150 or 160 but not many that will pull to 252 like the Veyron will and be utterly stable doing so.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Power, drag and gearing are far more important at big speed than power to weight ratio. The Veyron actually puts out closer to 1100 hp as well. I am curious as to the specs as well since normally an 850 flywheel hp car should not pull a 1100 flywheel hp car at big speeds.

It appears that the Veyron let out of it and lost his nerve more than anything. As the speeds rise the Veyron gains more and more of an advantage if he had the cajones to stay in it. There are alot of cars that can beat a Veyron 0-150 or 160 but not many that will pull to 252 like the Veyron will and be utterly stable doing so.
Rephrase that to this:
"there are many cars on this forum that will pull one to 200 mph." But most cannot stay with a veyron to 252. That would be true. However, To reach that speed the veyron needed 3 miles. Good look finding any place to do that.

speaking of which, whatever happened to the veyron and the GT2 during the Gumball, that got ticketed. those two had to be rolling...

Old 03-29-2010, 09:19 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I am not speaking from speculation I am speaking from talking with someone who did beat a Veyron in a drag race from 0 mph. In a car that runs 9.40's and has 1000 hp but weighs right around 3600 lbs. Thats how I know that despite gaining quite a lead on the Veyron the Veyron starting coming past as they crested 190 mph. Its easy to talk about power / weight ratios and obviously the UBB 1000 Mustang has a way better one but that doesn't change the Veyron coming by at 190 mph at which point its more about power, drag and gearing much more than power to weight ratio.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Also I was not saying that its not possible, just that it looked like the Veyron driver lost his nerve on this particular race and appeared to back out of it at a point. The Veyron driver should have been the one not afraid at big speed especially how much the Porsche's move around at big speed compared to the Veyron!

Old 03-29-2010, 09:44 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I know the guy very well and was there in Texas with us last March. He had his Pana and his new wide body TT there.

Originally Posted by Prche951
speaking of which, whatever happened to the veyron and the GT2 during the Gumball, that got ticketed. those two had to be rolling...

Old 03-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
I am not speaking from speculation I am speaking from talking with someone who did beat a Veyron in a drag race from 0 mph. In a car that runs 9.40's and has 1000 hp but weighs right around 3600 lbs. Thats how I know that despite gaining quite a lead on the Veyron the Veyron starting coming past as they crested 190 mph. Its easy to talk about power / weight ratios and obviously the UBB 1000 Mustang has a way better one but that doesn't change the Veyron coming by at 190 mph at which point its more about power, drag and gearing much more than power to weight ratio.
I am not speculating either,
The veyron did the mile at 204.4 mph. Check out how many 996tt's, GT2's beat it. About 5-6 on this board. The veyron is respectable no doubt and very fast. But it can be beaten.

Every dyno tells it's own story. A 3600 lbs car with 1000 hp. What dyno what correction factors etc. Lots of factors. Also, one thing you failed to listen to. Cd!! much lower in the P-cars. huge difference.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Also I was not saying that its not possible, just that it looked like the Veyron driver lost his nerve on this particular race and appeared to back out of it at a point. The Veyron driver should have been the one not afraid at big speed especially how much the Porsche's move around at big speed compared to the Veyron!

they were coming up on traffic, but a race is a race. The Veyron was being gapped by a lot before he let off. I think he realized he was loosing big.

Art, then what is the word on that little race between them.

is this the car:

Old 03-29-2010, 09:51 PM
I was also under the impression that the Proto 850 package is 850 flywheel not at the wheels. As I said , I didn't say it was not possible it just appeared to me that the Veyron driver backed out of it. That Ford GT runs in the mile what it takes a Veyron 3 miles to get to, so trust me I know that the Veyron is not unbeatable!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Proto GT2 vs Bugatti Veyron !