997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Finally got my new wheels on...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:36 PM
07turbo is infamous around these parts
Finally got my new wheels on...

Big thanks to Wheels Boutique.

Been staring at these wheels for 2.5 months waiting for the winter to end ... this weekend i finally got them on my car.

HRE 590R 20x9 and 20x12

Polished lip and brushed inner.

Debating whether i should lower the car or not ... even a 0.25 inch to 0.50 would help i think.

Attached Images   
Old 03-28-2010, 05:13 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Those 20's sure do fill up the wheel well nicely. Good looking.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
those 20" look great! but it really need lower

Old 03-28-2010, 05:56 PM
JT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura about
Those look fantastic! I actually saved a picture of a car about 6 months ago with those exact wheels on them since I thought they looked awesome.
Noticed you are in Calgary - I'll send you a PM.
Cheers

Old 03-28-2010, 06:29 PM
DJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the rough
They look nice. Reminds me of the ones I have. Great choice.

Jay

Old 03-28-2010, 09:17 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
polished HREs + PCCBs= perfection

Old 03-28-2010, 09:29 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Very nice! I have the 890R's (same wheel with hidden bolts). Give the car a little drop and it'll be perfect

Old 03-28-2010, 10:53 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Those wheels look really nice, very similar to champion rg5s. Much more'racecar' looking than p40s which look boring in comparison, imo.
BH, I thought you had BBS rims?
Lowering-wise, I would suggest a set of gmg springs, will drop it exactly 20mm, no more/no less, and work as well or better than most coilovers on the track when combined with sways, etc.
c

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 03-28-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:54 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Those wheels look really nice, very similar to champion rg5s. Much more'racecar' looking than p40s which look boring in comparison, imo.
BH, I thought you had BBS rims?
Nope. HRE's.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
sweet wheels, enjoy the weather and get that car out on the roads

Old 03-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Site Sponsor
AndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 07turbo
Big thanks to Wheels Boutique.

Been staring at these wheels for 2.5 months waiting for the winter to end ... this weekend i finally got them on my car.

HRE 590R 20x9 and 20x12

Polished lip and brushed inner.

Debating whether i should lower the car or not ... even a 0.25 inch to 0.50 would help i think.
Great to finally see the green in your area, Ride looks great, let us know if there is anything else you need.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:35 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Those look great! Love the polished finsish and deep dish look. Interesting to know how they ride vs. 19's (once you get out a bit).

Old 03-30-2010, 10:37 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AndreWB
Great to finally see the green in your area, Ride looks great, let us know if there is anything else you need.
I think the green is photoshopped in. Green and Calgary, Alberta are not usually used in the same sentence!
That being said, Alberta does have some really long straights to get your Pcar up to speed.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:51 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Looks great! You have to take it out of 4X4 mode and lower it a bit though.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:06 PM
07turbo is infamous around these parts
thanks for the responses guys .... ya looks like the hunt is on to drop it.Good thing there are countless threads here for me to read. You guys in moderate climates sure have it good ... freaking residential roads in Calgary winters can turn your car into a snow plow if your not careful.I guess i'll see what bilsteins or springs cost locally and maybe a pm or two to the US folks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally got my new wheels on...