997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: Why did 911 turbo owners choose their car over the competition?
Die Hard 911 Turbo fan
25.00%
Best value for money
35.00%
Felt better than competitors
25.00%
Porsche Heritage
15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

What made owners choose the 997 turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:29 AM
JaLin is infamous around these parts
Post What made owners choose the 997 turbo?

As I have posted on my introductionary post I'm currently doing an anniversary project for school on the turbo variants of the 911 series. One of the questions we are trying to get answers for is why did 997 Turbo owners choose the 911 Turbo versus its competitors ( Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari F430, Audi R8 V10 ) Although this is for the Canadian market I'm posting a poll for all owners to chime in. I'm aware owners may have more than 1 reason for which they bought their car that is included on the poll, please pick one reason that influenced you the most thank you

Old 03-31-2010, 12:57 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
All of your points were read and considered but none comprise the main reason why I bought the car . I view the porsche 911 as a one of kind icon. Through the many decades of production and model offerings this car is my way of capturing a moment in automotive history. It is a tangible item that is just one more thing in this universe that makes me cherish being alive.

I would not be a die hard fan -if Porsche didn't deliver.
i would not feel its a great value -If Porsche didn't deliver
I would feel warm about the competitors -If Porsche didn't deliver
I would not care about Porsche heritage -If Porsche didn't deliver .

Porsche did satisfy all of these things. It's not about the other cars or what others think. It's not even about Porsche.

It's about ME !! -If this was on your list I would check it.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:33 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I had following criterion: fast car, AWD, extensive guarantee.
The ONLY car that came out: Porsche 997TT, funny isnt it...

Old 03-31-2010, 02:58 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
I think the question you are trying to poll is fair, but I think your poll is not well designed. I've give that more thought and repost.

For example, what's the difference between "die hard Porsche fan" and "heritage". For some, those are the same. Another example - some people are die hard Porsche fans because of the "best value for money".

Again, your poll does not help you answer your question IMO.

But if this helps you in any way...

I chose the Porsche Turbo because it just felt right to me. Wish I could elaborate. I've been on a Porsche binge for some time now and can't really explain it.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:09 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
What is the option for folks that have both, 997TT and F430.
I chose the 997TT as a the best high performance daily driver, F430 my dream car, fantastic exhaust note and its sublime driving nature.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:43 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
Heritage, timeless design, simplicity, performance and its upgrade potential, AWD, and versatility. Honestly, whatever you throw at it - rain, snow, track, gravel roads - it takes them with a mean grin on its face and then asks for more. This is no substitute, indeed.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:15 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
What is the option for folks that have both, 997TT and F430.
I chose the 997TT as a the best high performance daily driver, F430 my dream car, fantastic exhaust note and its sublime driving nature.
That is the perfect garage combo right there.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:12 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
You forgot to list a choice on your poll.

#5. Because all the other cars suck.

lol...

Old 04-01-2010, 01:54 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
To a certain point all the cars mentioned, F-car, L-car, P-car, are very good and would probably satisfy me in different ways but what really swayed me is the Porsche fraternity.

Porsche people are friendlier, more knowledgeable and passionate about their cars, more of a brotherhood, and really DRIVE their cars. Maybe I am lucky but I have found that to be true of the dealers as well.

I tried dealing with a couple of F-car dealers and was roundly snob'ed off by one and the other while nice enough said, "It doesn't matter how much you have in the bank we don't sell new cars to first time buyers." I stopped thinking about them after that.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:26 AM
JaLin is infamous around these parts
Hi guys,

Its been really busy during the past week and finally having the time to check back. Some really interesting answers, so thank you all that have participated. I'll be setting up a couple more polls soon enough, although I'm unsure what to ask (except for one topic that deals with effective advertising and promotions) and how to word it. Suggestions anybody???