997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Do I need PVT and PDCC......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 06:03 PM
The Ape is infamous around these partsThe Ape is infamous around these parts
Do I need PVT and PDCC......

Hello All,
Im about to buy a 2010 997TT Cabriolet PDK. This will be my 4th 911 and my 3rd 997. I fell in love with the PDK on my Panamera 4S and the thought of a 997TT with paddles and pdk is.......brilliant!

The car Im looking at doesn't have PDCC (my panamera has it) and no PVT either. Being that its a cabriolet and the fact that I will NEVER track this car, will I miss the PVT and PDCC???

I drive my cars pretty hard and live in a place where I can have some fun in the canyons.

Im told that if I want PVT and PDCC that I will have to order a Turbo S which I don't really want. The standard Turbo is plenty fast for me!

Will I kick myself later????

Thanks!
Ape

Old 04-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Anyone?

Old 04-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Hoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to all
The PDDC only comes on Panamera and Cayenne

I wanted PVT too but the Turbo I bought was a dealer spec'd and they didn't order it. My best uneducated guess is that you won't notice it unless you are really doing DE events all the time. I think the PVT works below a certain speed so not sure it will aid you in the canyon roads.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hoppity
The PDDC only comes on Panamera and Cayenne

I wanted PVT too but the Turbo I bought was a dealer spec'd and they didn't order it. My best uneducated guess is that you won't notice it unless you are really doing DE events all the time. I think the PVT works below a certain speed so not sure it will aid you in the canyon roads.
This is what we have learned, too:

PTV uses the PASM’s ability to apply the brakes individually to help the Turbo turn into corners. Based on steering angle, vehicle speed, throttle position, and yaw rate, PTV gently applies the brake on the inside rear wheel to minimize understeer while entering corners. The system starts to phase out above 75 mph and is completely inactive by 100 mph.<o></o>

That also suggests that it is completely off at all speeds when the PASM is turned off.

Our 2010 997TT has PTV. I have not noticed any radical handling improvement on the track vs our 2007 997TT, yet I always run on the track with the PASM off.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the response!

I wasn't aware that PDDC isn't an option on the TT. I have it on my Panamera 4S and I honestly don't know if I needed it or not. The Panamera handles so well for a sedan that it's almost unreal.

I can pick up a new TT today with all the options I want EXCEPT for PVT, and I dont want a Turbo S (too much more money for extra power that I dont need)......

I will never go to any driving events, track etc with a Cabriolet.....I like a hard top if Im racing.

Again, thanks for your input.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:45 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Todd/AWE
This is what we have learned, too:

PTV uses the PASM’s ability to apply the brakes individually to help the Turbo turn into corners. Based on steering angle, vehicle speed, throttle position, and yaw rate, PTV gently applies the brake on the inside rear wheel to minimize understeer while entering corners. The system starts to phase out above 75 mph and is completely inactive by 100 mph.<O></O>

That also suggests that it is completely off at all speeds when the PASM is turned off.

Our 2010 997TT has PTV. I have not noticed any radical handling improvement on the track vs our 2007 997TT, yet I always run on the track with the PASM off.

Thanks for the very good (and professional level) feedback. I once thought PTV is indispensible, but having driven the 2010 PDK Turbo I now realize despite of tricks and gimmicks here and there, a car's handling still comes down to the fundamentals: spring rate and shock, etc.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by cannga
Thanks for the very good (and professional level) feedback. I once thought PTV is indispensible, but having driven the 2010 PDK Turbo I now realize despite of tricks and gimmicks here and there, a car's handling still comes down to the fundamentals: spring rate and shock, etc.
All true BUT I just picked up my new TT today with PTV!

Thanks guys for the input. I got REALLY lucky and found the car on a dealer lot equipped EXACTLY how I wanted with only one exception...(Park Assist)....I can easily live without it.

So excited....PICS COMING!

Old 04-02-2010, 09:18 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Thanks for the very good (and professional level) feedback.
^^^^^^^^^+1 thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.