997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT PDK vs GT-R HKS vs Z06 tuned - video!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 05:00 AM
997slover is a glorious beacon of light997slover is a glorious beacon of light997slover is a glorious beacon of light997slover is a glorious beacon of light997slover is a glorious beacon of light
997TT PDK vs GT-R HKS vs Z06 tuned - video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh5HHBvT5UM

Old 04-04-2010, 05:15 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Great vid. Thanx for sharing

Old 04-04-2010, 05:23 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
wow - the Tang colored TT is a beast

Old 04-04-2010, 07:08 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
nice video, that PDK is fast! Thx for posting

Old 04-04-2010, 07:15 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Wow that PDK bone stock is a monster. None of the other cars are pushovers by any means and it handled them with ease eventhough they were MODDED. Cant wait to see what mild mods do for the new PDK Porsche turbo.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
The stock pdk taking on the gtr 570 hks is just madness. Damm what a beast.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:17 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
997.2TT PDK FTW. Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Kai611168 is infamous around these parts
great video thx for sharing~

Old 04-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Sercan has a spectacular aura aboutSercan has a spectacular aura aboutSercan has a spectacular aura about
"And the Corvette is getting better tires" HAHA. Great Video, thanks for sharing.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:42 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
WOW! Suprising results to say the least. I knew the PDK was fast but I didn't think it would be able to take them as speeds increase! Excellent. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see what a tune/exhaust 997.2TT PDK is capable of...

Old 04-05-2010, 09:54 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Nice vid!

The new Turbo PDK is flat out awesome! I believe it answers the question - "How much of the GT-R's performance is attributed to the transmission?"

Old 04-05-2010, 10:01 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Nice vid!

The new Turbo PDK is flat out awesome! I believe it answers the question - "How much of the GT-R's performance is attributed to the transmission?"
Absolutely. Gotta give props to Nissan for finding that perfect formula: Twin Turbo + Dual Clutch + AWD = MONSTER

Old 04-06-2010, 04:58 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by Sercan
"And the Corvette is getting better tires" HAHA. Great Video, thanks for sharing.
haha yeah, well i was running 4 yr old Goodyear runcrap tires, and the POS would really just snake around under me during the take offs in 2nd gear. and yes, i was not mashing but squeezing the throttle gently as best i could.

once at speed, the cars seemed very closely matched, but we'll do this again in the next week or so.

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
IMHO its the transmission PLUS gearing. i drove the GTR the same day we did the video, and the thing is so short geared compared to the other cars! its just bang-bang-bang thru the first four gears it seems.

as many others have pointed out in the past, the Nissan loses a bit of its advantage at very high speeds because of this. at one point when we had really nice long open empty stretch of road, the POS was able to open a gap to the GTR it seemed. this was at high RPM in 4th gear (the 'Vette's strongest gear IMO, since 5th and 6th are overdrives). i'll have to ask my friend if he was also flooring it in the GTR at that point.

one last point about the GTR... don't knock it until you've tried it. this is the 3rd time i've had a chance to drive a GTR thru some nice roads. the first two times were stock cars, and i was blown away back then. this car just reinforced that with all the extra grunt, but the most abiding memory is the sheer grip and composure of the platform. IMO, unless you have absolutely sick skills, you will be much faster thru the twisties in the GTR than in any of the other cars in the video.

it truly grips like you wouldn't believe, and is just so stable and confidence inspiring. the GTR's suspension and tires were stock BTW.

anyway, will do this all again on clearer roads with our usual "advance party" radioing back to advise of hazards up ahead.

looking to bring a 997 GT2 and LP560-4 (both bone stock) into the mix.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Thank you for sharing the video. I was pretty shocked by the results because when I had my Z06 with headers and tune, it was one of the fastest cars around on a highway roll. 2nd through 4th gear races I was always the victor, that's why it's very suprising to me to see the Porsche do this. Please share your future races. I'd love to see the LP vs 911TT PDK

Old 04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
The Ape is infamous around these partsThe Ape is infamous around these parts
Nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT PDK vs GT-R HKS vs Z06 tuned - video!!!