997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anyone ever get a really bad speeding ticket?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:49 PM
SnowSpartan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MorePSiTehBett4
I I was doing 120mph as I was late to work and had slowed down just prior to him clocking me b/c my spidey sense went off after holding 110+ mph for a couple miles+.
My spidey sense has saved me a multiple times!....

Old 04-06-2010, 08:03 PM
mact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Nova87
Just to be clear - i was not looking to see who had the most outrageous "speeding" story. I was genuinely looking for advice.

I am in a heap of trouble and when the po asked me what I was thinking all I could say was, "I wasn't." Got caught up in the moment - another 911 driver, beautiful day, open lane on the interstate - no cars in front only the other 911 behind. It was stupid.

My immediate thoughts were 1)i hope i don't get arrested; 2) don't tow my car; 3) i'm never going to do this again

then my thoughts shifted to "ok, now what do i do?"

It sounds as if most people somehow lucked out and didn't get ticketed. I need someone who did and what they did to get out. I am getting a lawyer and will try to plead it down to unsafe driving. The speeding ticket I'll accept and pay that fine.

Looking back on it, I'm glad that all I got were the tickets.
You have all the advice you need...just read my previous post...I looked into it at the time, I lived it...Im telling you, you just need to hire a lawyer to plea bargain it down with acceptable charge that is a major traffic violation and not criminal offense....2nd degree negligent driving is the best option.

I will take at 1000.00 speeding ticket and car tow over a reckless driving charge any day...most people have no idea that a reckless charge is exactly he same as a DUI.

Yeah this thread has degenerated into a "crazy story " thread.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:51 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
In SoCal at least ive noticed most roads are not too 100 mph+ friendly - nevermind the legality of it. Roads / freeways are a total mess around here unless your doing 70 tops....in an SUV.

I would hire a lawyer for anything over 90 vs. take my licks.

Plenty of fun to be had at 70 and under, just pick the right road (s).

Old 04-06-2010, 09:45 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I could have sworn I said lawyer up pretty early in this thread...LOL...

Old 04-06-2010, 09:58 PM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mact3333
I will take at 1000.00 speeding ticket and car tow over a reckless driving charge any day...most people have no idea that a reckless charge is exactly he same as a DUI.
For drivers in California: A reckless is considered a major violation and will remove your good driver discount and add two points on your mvr for three years.

A DUI, also considered a major, will remove your good driver discount for 10 YEARS and you'll have two points on your mvr for three years. You will also need a filing (costs vary) and you will need to take an AA course, if I'm not mistaken.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
$40 ticket

I was driving about 10-15 miles over the speed limit in the right hand lane being passed by other cars and trucks on the Montana interstate. But I was the one that got pulled over and got a $40 ticket. P cars are attractive to lots of people but not always in the flattering way. I have had this happen a few times. Oh well ....
K.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
201...I'm psychotic.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Nova87 is infamous around these parts
Just as a follow up:

Lawyered up and plead guilty to 140/65. The prosecutor dropped the reckless driving charge and the failure to produce valid insurance card ticket and recommended a 3 mo suspension. Judge overruled the prosecutor and imposed a 4 mo suspension and $472 in fines.

Other driver received the same, except for the fact that he was from MA so it is up to the Commonwealth to decide if his privileges will be suspended or not.

Could have been worse, though the timing for me is pretty bad (for personal reasons). I am now Porsche"less" as I traded the car in, fearing the cost of the insurance increase and the need to get my life back in order. I can always buy another one later.

Stupid - but glad that no one got hurt.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Only in Finland:

11.02.2004:
27-year old millionaire Jussi Salonoja received a 170 000 euro fine for speeding, he also got a speeding ticket the year earlier for 40 000 euros.

23.11.2001 NOKIA exuctive Pekka Ala-Pietilän got 40 000 euros for running the red light

16.10.2000 Internetmillionaire Jaakko Rytsölän got 50 000 euro fine for reckless driving

So anything you will get is less. Our fines are based on income, so for the same felony an unemployed would have gotten probably 100 euros.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Siglo Man is infamous around these partsSiglo Man is infamous around these parts
Got pulled over several years back racing two Z06s in my Gemballa 550. I got well over 130 and had front and rear K40 with no alerts. After the race I was stopped at the next light with the two vettes and a cop came right behind one of the vettes. I saw this and was relived he wasn't behind me as I was in the right turn lane and made my right which was where I lived. I was also thinking there was NO WAY he was behind us for the race because of the speed. The light turned green for the vettes and they went on but the cop stayed put and then made a right over two lanes to pull me over.

After the formalities of the spot light and my hands out of the window they turned out to be pretty nice. They said they were going the other way when we passed them and he estimated my speed at over 95 (bad judgment in my favor). He asked me "well what type of ticket do you think I should give you?" I had high hopes and I said a seat belt ticket. He ended up giving me a 60mph ticket and said I could take traffic school. I asked why he pulled me over and not the vettes and he said "because you won". The limit there ended up being 40 and not 45 so I had to go to court to get it reduced for traffic school.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:36 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
For future reference, get a good lawyer...

not I but my wife in a 500+ RWHP Ford Lightning, 115 / 60

1 yr suspension, 1st ticket ever, I had it reduced to 6 months, $1800 in fines $3500 in Legal and court costs, 6 months of heavy shopping when I was not at work because she was stuck in the house all day bored out of her mind. Several bottles of petrus to get her to calm down after she got the ticket.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:48 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Just as a follow up:

Lawyered up and plead guilty to 140/65. The prosecutor dropped the reckless driving charge and the failure to produce valid insurance card ticket and recommended a 3 mo suspension. Judge overruled the prosecutor and imposed a 4 mo suspension and $472 in fines.

Other driver received the same, except for the fact that he was from MA so it is up to the Commonwealth to decide if his privileges will be suspended or not.

Could have been worse, though the timing for me is pretty bad (for personal reasons). I am now Porsche"less" as I traded the car in, fearing the cost of the insurance increase and the need to get my life back in order. I can always buy another one later.

Stupid - but glad that no one got hurt.
140? that WAS a doozy. Can't say I haven't done it myself. I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a cop who is going to ingnore speeds like that (not calling those that have claimed that as liars, but I just can't fathom that). Hell, in some parts you may have gotten a beating LOL.

I know you said you were getting rid of the car (a bit impulsive?) but have you figured out what the insurance rate increase would be? I know Jersey is insane but curious.

Also wondering what the circumstances were i.e. what road, was he hiding on the side of the road, radar? Did you have radar/laser protection?

Are you allowed to drive to work? 4 months, that sucks. Good luck.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:17 PM
ukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to behold
We drove to amsterdam this weekend, On the way home we passed a Police motorbike as we were approaching 250kph in a 90 limit.

Anyhow he pulled us over to ask if we knew the limit, obviously we lied and said no to which he replied its 90, if you want to go over 120 you have to pay and then sent us on our way without so much as even a fine.

If you got caught doing those sorts of speeds in the uk your doing prison time.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Nova87 is infamous around these parts
In response to Chris:

that was the reduced ticket that we plead to. The officer claims to have clocked me at 153 and the other driver at 150. The left lane was clear and I had slowed because there was traffic ahead and there he was on the side of the road - no radar protection. I hit the brakes pretty hard and passed him at 98

I was looking at a 5 pt speeding ticket and a 5 pt reckless driving charge. Two other speeding tickets in the past 20 years. Getting rid of the car was not solely as a result of the tickets and potential insurance hit - other things going on right now.

No provisional licenses in NJ, its all or nothing. No driving to work, nothing.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:36 PM
turbonator is infamous around these parts
The officer claims to have clocked me at 153 and the other driver at 150.
What happened to the other driver?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever get a really bad speeding ticket?