997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Softronic Software Criticism

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2010 | 01:58 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TTdude
That's the $60K question. You have EVOMsit but that's probably Tech Tec in disguise. Who really knows?
I told this to Alex at Sharkwerks some months ago and he said no...

Old 04-30-2010 | 02:12 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carfan
I told this to Alex at Sharkwerks some months ago and he said no...
Good to know but evidently all these programs get shuffled and shared between vendors. Does Evoms (and others) not collaborate and everything they develop is de novo? That was my point.

Old 04-30-2010 | 02:26 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Good to know but evidently all these programs get shuffled and shared between vendors. Does Evoms (and others) not collaborate and everything they develop is de novo? That was my point.
Hey TTdude, Evomsit is done all in-hous at Evoms and you can see the process in action here. Nothing to hide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzeLcvgOVzQ

and Evomsit was the first company to have software for the dfi 2009 cars and we did it here in California in October of 2008 (a full year before most):
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...re-tuning.html

Last edited by sharkster; 04-30-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2010 | 02:42 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Cool video! You guys are state-of-the-art for sure. My curiosity harkins back to a comment Softronic said about there being some sort "basis program" they have developed on original Bosch programming by which he evidently supplies to tuners who utilize this program to do their tuning. How does Evoms do it? Since they don't utilize Softronic's services, then do they develop their own "basis program"? TIA.

Old 04-30-2010 | 02:58 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Cool video! You guys are state-of-the-art for sure. My curiosity harkins back to a comment Softronic said about there being some sort "basis program" they have developed on original Bosch programming by which he evidently supplies to tuners who utilize this program to do their tuning. How does Evoms do it? Since they don't utilize Softronic's services, then do they develop their own "basis program"? TIA.
EVOMS has their own front end and hardware that they developed that's correct

Old 04-30-2010 | 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
EVOMS has their own front end and hardware that they developed that's correct
Just to clarify, they develop the back end software as well?

Old 04-30-2010 | 03:03 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
I still say a 2nd DME means INNOCENT until proven guilty.. A stereo shop fried it while installing a stereo back there.. they paid for it so i didnt bother with warranty.. Keep the ECU, stick magnets to it, ruin it however you want but hand it over as proof..

Mike

Old 04-30-2010 | 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I still say a 2nd DME means INNOCENT until proven guilty.. A stereo shop fried it while installing a stereo back there.. they paid for it so i didnt bother with warranty.. Keep the ECU, stick magnets to it, ruin it however you want but hand it over as proof..

Mike
I doubt your ECU would be covered under warranty if the stereo shop fried it.

Old 04-30-2010 | 03:04 PM
Just to clarify, they develop the back end software as well?
Bosch and Seimens create the stock files. Those are the basis for what is then modified.

Old 04-30-2010 | 03:05 PM
Bosch and Seimens create the stock files.
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated.

Old 04-30-2010 | 03:08 PM
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated.
No worries TTdude. Work can be done any number of ways. You can work with what you have already. Indeed you can reverse engineer it. The EVOMSit folks can do either/or

There's some more public info here: http://www.evomsit.com/Services.htm
And: http://www.evomsit.com/Company.htm

Either way I just feel bad for folks suckered in by claims of "modifications to an ECU being undetectable" etc... Too bad for them

Old 04-30-2010 | 03:09 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
I doubt your ECU would be covered under warranty if the stereo shop fried it.
Exactly my point.. It was a plausible story..

Mike

Old 04-30-2010 | 03:41 PM

Either way I just feel bad for folks suckered in by claims of "modifications to an ECU being undetectable" etc... Too bad for them
I have to agree. If this is really true, then they should put their money where their mouth is and give a money back guarantee that their modifications are undetecatable. This wouldn't help a warranty claim but at least it is something with a little substance over just faith.

Old 04-30-2010 | 04:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Yes very good point for those companies that cant flash it back to original. Then again I feel sorry for the DFI customers that also have to remove their DME and have it taken apart to flash, that is very evident regardless.

I think it does all goes back to the one post that you highlighted and the word was "Ignorant".

Softronic was the first to OBD flash the DFI and also the 2010 Turbo so no removal is required. While we could have taken them out and done so it was in the customers best interest not to. I wouldn't want to sell a product early just for sales knowing it was an issue. We can also alter anything in either set of chips remotely without a customer having to send a DME in or re visit a Dealer etc. We have many first and make things that other tuners simply cant. I guess if they could then they would all be flashing via the port and doing what we can..

Perhaps some of the other experts could post at what points they are detectable since they know? What screen or section on the PIWIS shows this or how it is shown? This is what the Dealer would be using unless a Pano or 997 DFI Turbo. We all know a tuned file is period. I should know since I'm the guy checking them.
To be correct it could be a DME that had a tune and it was then re written with a PIWIS. Now lets take out the given 1 write index and the fact that the binary has written the extra string in the 29F800 or processor. The PIWIS would not show the strings anyways.

So now at what point is the new PIWIS original write going to show the old Tuned file that was in it? Granted the PIWIS does not write the original Porsche one it came with yet it is an original. Since I cant show people what would not exist perhaps they can show what they are saying does?

Best ,
Scott

Last edited by Softronic; 04-30-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-30-2010 | 05:11 PM
Where does Softronic do all the tuning, the tools, car, location, dyno, etc..? Or do they share those maps/tune files from Proto and others?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic Software Criticism