997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Softronic Software Criticism

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2010 | 11:25 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
You really should read through this thread since it's your product that is being reviewed. The OP, who is one of your customers, asked for criticisms about Softronic. People chimed in. DaveW had criticized Softronic's reliance on knock sensors to adjust timing. If you go back and read what I wrote, I supported this approach and said things were overstated and there was a lot of speculation. This was a good discussion. What became inflammatory was the statement that people's warranty's are safe with Softonic tunes. Now you can deny that you ever said this but nobody is going to buy it. The overrevs came up because of that "warranty safe" statement. I raised the issue that if there is something wrong with your motor and Porsche sees that you have spent time in stage 2-3 ignition ranges then you better pray that Porsche will honor your warranty. That's when Dan said if you flash it back with the original stock file it will clear the ovverrevs. Evidently, this is not true.
Exactly! And why are none of the Softronic "partners" claiming that your warranty will be safe with their tune?

Last edited by sparkhill; 05-01-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-01-2010 | 11:37 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Very happy with my FVD, and softronic cable (I guess), but not thrilled with the companies on line responses. Not helping your case.
Bottom line, ANY flash will potentially void your warranty, believing otherwise is foolish. Implying it is misleading.

Old 05-01-2010 | 11:41 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sparkhill
Exactly! And why are none of the Softronic "partners" claiming that your warranty will be safe with their tune?
Wow, all the pot stirring looks to be coming from one tuners customers and not Softronic..

Read slowly.... All tuned files are detectable. An original done by the PIWIS or other means capable is not a tuned file. Why because they are an original Porsche file hence not tuned. Should you put in different turbo's in or any other mod that Porsche says voids the warranty then the file is the least of your concerns.

Have to go and make some files and work.

Best,
Scott

Old 05-01-2010 | 11:50 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
That makes sense to me. I'm just a bit puzzled about what could be individualized within the context of specific upgrades like exhaust,i/c, vtgs etc... I'm sure there's far more to it than what I understand, and when I'm actually ready to get the upgrade I'll certainly ask the questions to the tuner I choose. It is useful to hear input even now, so thanks for yours.
For example, if you have bigger IC's you might be able to run a little richer because of cooler (denser) air. It usually comes down to optimizing the air/fuel ratio for a given boost level. If you're OK with running more boost you have to remap to give the engine more fuel.

I'm no expert, as someone will undoubtedly point out, and that is precisely why you should talk to someone who custom tunes.

When I looked for another tune, Softronic was mentioned by a local shop but as far as they were concerned they would let Scott know what I had installed and get a base file that was generally configured for my setup. Not to knock Softronic, because it certainly isn't deserved, but this isn't optimized for my car. It may not be more than a couple hp/tq different, but it isn't optimized.

As I said earlier, a base EvoMSit file yielded another 30hp because I have a Fabspeed intake, Fabspeed headers, IPD plenum, and Europipe 100cel exhaust that all add up and make a ~30hp/50tq difference. That's what you'll be missing by not working with a tuner.

Old 05-01-2010 | 11:58 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Softronic
Wow, all the pot stirring looks to be coming from one tuners customers and not Softronic..

Read slowly.... All tuned files are detectable. An original done by the PIWIS or other means capable is not a tuned file. Why because they are an original Porsche file hence not tuned. Should you put in different turbo's in or any other mod that Porsche says voids the warranty then the file is the least of your concerns.

Best,
Scott
Very professional comment. I am sure it will help you gain lots of respect and sell even more of software.

Read at whatever speed you wish... All the deception seems to be coming from one company and their tuner. If you manipulate your ECU, Porsche has zero obligation to honor your powertrain warranty, regardless of whether of not you return your car to stock. Maybe you get caught, maybe you don't, but ultimately modifying your car has risks and making fraudulent misrepresentations to Porsche does not change that fact.

Old 05-01-2010 | 04:54 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
That right there says it all. You should add the same verbiage part to your warranty statement since you truly offer no warranty, only misguiding people into a gray area.

Like any modification, there can be risks associated. SoftronicTuning.com, Softronic.us, or Vivid Racing does not cover any warranty claims. ECU flash loading is done at your own risk and if the instructions are not clearly followed, damage to your vehicle can occur. SoftronicTuning.com cannot be responsible for any issues that you may cause during flash loading.
Should you put in different turbo's in or any other mod that Porsche says voids the warranty then the file is the least of your concerns.

Best,
Scott

Last edited by FLT6SPD; 05-01-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-01-2010 | 06:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TestJet
That right there says it all. You should add the same verbiage part to your warranty statement since you truly offer no warranty, only misguiding people into a gray area.
Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2 itxtvisited="1">Like any modification, there can be risks associated. SoftronicTuning.com, Softronic.us, or Vivid Racing does not cover any warranty claims. ECU flash loading is done at your own risk and if the instructions are not clearly followed, damage to your vehicle can occur. SoftronicTuning.com cannot be responsible for any issues that you may cause during flash loading. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2 itxtvisited="1">Should you put in different turbo's in or any other mod that Porsche says voids the warranty then the file is the least of your concerns. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2 itxtvisited="1">Originally Posted by Softronic

Best,
Scott

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Testjet you used the same quote twice, the second was part of an actual statement by me in the third. You may want to correct it .

Best As always,
Scott

Old 05-01-2010 | 07:06 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
I think you are confused and I am not sure what moot point you are trying to make?

This quote is from your website:
Like any modification, there can be risks associated. SoftronicTuning.com, Softronic.us, or Vivid Racing does not cover any warranty claims. ECU flash loading is done at your own risk and if the instructions are not clearly followed, damage to your vehicle can occur. SoftronicTuning.com cannot be responsible for any issues that you may cause during flash loading.
The second quote is from your post#199:
Should you put in different turbo's in or any other mod that Porsche says voids the warranty then the file is the least of your concerns.
My suggestion was for you to amend your "warranty" on your website to include your words from post #199 and say No Warranty. Which brings the question of what is your warranty and what is covered? You clearly disclaim any warranty. Get it now?

Have a great weekend.

Quote:
<table itxtvisited="1" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody itxtvisited="1"><tr itxtvisited="1"><td style="border: 1px inset ;" class="alt2" itxtvisited="1">Like any modification, there can be risks associated. SoftronicTuning.com, Softronic.us, or Vivid Racing does not cover any warranty claims. ECU flash loading is done at your own risk and if the instructions are not clearly followed, damage to your vehicle can occur. SoftronicTuning.com cannot be responsible for any issues that you may cause during flash loading. </td></tr></tbody></table>
Quote:
<table itxtvisited="1" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody itxtvisited="1"><tr itxtvisited="1"><td style="border: 1px inset ;" class="alt2" itxtvisited="1">Should you put in different turbo's in or any other mod that Porsche says voids the warranty then the file is the least of your concerns. </td></tr></tbody></table>

Quote:
<table itxtvisited="1" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody itxtvisited="1"><tr itxtvisited="1"><td style="border: 1px inset ;" class="alt2" itxtvisited="1">Originally Posted by Softronic

Best,
Scott

</td></tr></tbody></table>
Testjet you used the same quote twice, the second was part of an actual statement by me in the third. You may want to correct it .

Best As always,
Scott

Old 05-01-2010 | 07:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by TestJet
I think you are confused and I am not sure what moot point you are trying to make?

This quote is from your website:

The second quote is from your post#199:

My suggestion was for you to amend your "warranty" on your website to include your words from post #199 and say No Warranty. Which brings the question of what is your warranty and what is covered? You clearly disclaim any warranty. Get it now?

Have a great weekend.
The second quote you posted was taken from the 3rd one in which was in its entirety. The first is not by me or from my site......

Post 199 in which is the 3rd quote you gave says that all tuned files are detectable. I have said this in magazines for years and nothing new. So your point is ???? Once again a Tuned file is not an original.

Thanks for the post though.

Cheers .

Scott

Old 05-01-2010 | 09:25 PM
What are you saying? If you go to vivids site and click on any softronic link, example:
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/s...0-p-99001.html

It links you to another one of vivids websites:
http://www.softronictuning.com/tunin...lash-counters/

It says they are part of the "Softronic tuning team", so unless you depend on smoke and mirrors which it seems like you are, the link to the "guarantee" page is the warranty claim in which I suggested you should amend to include your words from post 199.

http://www.softronictuning.com/guarantee/

If you do not agree with the representations Dan is making for your company and product you should have your counsel send a cease and desist for plagiarism. After all It is easy to confuse Softronic.us with Softronictuning.com since the link on vivids site portrays the link as Softronic, he calls himself SoftronicDan and making guarantees and warranties for your product. Something is not right with that picture.

As mentioned you are confused, I never once mentioned anything about tuned file or original. That's my point.

The second quote you posted was taken from the 3rd one in which was in its entirety. The first is not by me or from my site......

Post 199 in which is the 3rd quote you gave says that all tuned files are detectable. I have said this in magazines for years and nothing new. So your point is ???? Once again a Tuned file is not an original.

Thanks for the post though.

Cheers .

Scott

Old 05-03-2010 | 09:13 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I dont understand why people who have a product on their vehicle and never intend to purchase another product, get into heated debates only to put down or play devils advocate. Why dont you guys be enthusiasts...

Old 05-03-2010 | 09:43 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
I dont understand why people who have a product on their vehicle and never intend to purchase another product, get into heated debates only to put down or play devils advocate. Why dont you guys be enthusiasts...
Not entirely true. If Softronic has a product which they claim can reset overrevs via cable, then I would consider purchasing it. But I seriously doubt Softronic has such a product, otherwise why not sell it? I would expect Durametric would be working on such a project. But more importantly, there were misrepresentations made. Do you really expect "enthusiasts" to be silent on such issue?

Old 05-03-2010 | 09:48 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Thread's closed..Going in circles.