997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Softronic Software Criticism

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2010 | 05:16 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lardog
"The only negative about softronics is the feature where they turn off the CEL " what are you talking about? Do you mean the post cat O2 sensor range in order to run 100 cell or No cats?
When I looked at softronic I was told they disable/inactivate the CEL feature re secondary o2 sensors in the ECU, ie the acceptable o2 range you referred to above. There was a thread about it a while back. i just wasn't comfortable with that tweak.

Old 04-11-2010 | 12:09 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lardog
"The only negative about softronics is the feature where they turn off the CEL " what are you talking about? Do you mean the post cat O2 sensor range in order to run 100 cell or No cats?

I'm running 100cell and had noproblems even before diong the ECU, so it has nothing to do with that, a good quality exhaust sustem will not affect anything negativelly

Old 04-11-2010 | 06:56 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
xseal makes a very good point indeed. If you're in an area with a really good/reputable tuner it's always best to consider utilizing them. If something every goes wrong etc.. or for general support etc... it makes sense
Big +1!

Old 04-11-2010 | 08:20 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou
I'm running 100cell and had noproblems even before diong the ECU, so it has nothing to do with that, a good quality exhaust sustem will not affect anything negativelly
I think you have europipe, correct?
While they are indeed 100 cel, their cross sectional area is the same as typical hjs 200 cel cats. So, you're not going to trip CELs with either a europipe or ruf 100 cel system. If you ran a typical 100 cell hjs cat with the less dense cross sectional area, you would indeed set off CELs regardless of how fancy the rest of the exhaust system might be.
Ruf and europipe both utilize the same 100 cel/dense cross section cats with huge success.
My only point was that they(softronc) usually disable that particular feature, probably to account for a multitude of different exhausts with and without cats.

Old 04-11-2010 | 02:23 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
I have been running the Softronic flash for a week and have about 300 miles on it. The performance of the car is noticeably better and I intend to write a better review in a week or so. My understanding is that no CEL's are deactivated, but the trigger point is raised in line with expected performance, all being within safe tolerances.

Old 04-11-2010 | 02:33 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ThunderRolls
I have been running the Softronic flash for a week and have about 300 miles on it. The performance of the car is noticeably better and I intend to write a better review in a week or so. My understanding is that no CEL's are deactivated, but the trigger point is raised in line with expected performance, all being within safe tolerances.

+1 FOR THE SOFTRONIC FLASH I put 100 miles on the new tune . So true " The performance of the car is noticeably better "

Old 04-12-2010 | 08:29 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by milou
I'll wait for the professionals to answer to if the 997tt engine can be dammaged from a bad ECU.

If i'm not mistaken TPC uses REVO on their 997tt, a think they know better

The only way to blow the engine is to go with another than the stock ECU
We dont use REVO as a tuner. However we do have a good relationship with them. We worked with them in development of their Routine switcher, which switches between different octane maps. I have met the majority of the Revo guys when they come by the shop and they are good people.

We offer 2 services for basic "flashing"... A basic off the shelf tune, which for the majority of clients works great, or a specific dyno tune for your car(what we always recommend). People like xseal here on the forum can vouch for our professionalism and our ability to talk people of certain modifications.

Here is a review of our most recent 997TT system(a bit more than just a flash) but you can verify through the article of our level of performance.

http://www.excellence-mag.com/issues...s/the-700-club

Would love to help you Barrett. Please let us know.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 04-12-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-13-2010 | 08:00 AM
Showking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond repute
BIG +1 for the Softronic tune... I have it in the car for like 3000 miles and not one single complaint!! The car pulls like a freight train and runs perfectly....no rough idle, pops, or smoke.. I would recommend it for sure! -Showking

Old 04-16-2010 | 11:53 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
All the Softronic reviews and flash information I try to keep updated at www.softronictuning.com. Thanks

Old 04-16-2010 | 12:24 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
All the Softronic reviews and flash information I try to keep updated at www.softronictuning.com. Thanks
I just took a look at the link and I quote from the FAQ:
Will the Softronic ECU Flash affect my warranty?
As we describe on our Guarantee page, the Softronic flash will not affect your warranty. It is very simple. Softronic is the only ECU tuner that supplies the ORIGINAL file from your car to you so you can flash back to stock at any time. Since it is the true original file, if loaded back to your car via the Softronic Flash Cable and Flash Client Software, there is and will not be any detection by the factory Porsche PIWIS tool. Now, if you were to go to the dealer with your tuned file on your ECU, they could very well detect it if they plugged into the car. So we always recommend flashing back to stock when visiting the dealership for any major services or warranty work.

I just do not see how you can make that claim. Even if the original file is reinstalled, the flash counter will be updated and Porsche will be able to detect that the ECU has been tampered with. And if there is a major issue, Porsche will look. If I am missing something, please enlighten me.

Old 04-16-2010 | 12:51 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
If you put the original file back in the car, Porsche cannot detect anything as it is the ORIGINAL. Softronic provides you with the TRUE ORIGINAL file. Others that have a switching unit give you a stock type file where you are switching between fuel maps on a already altered file. The only flash counter that exists is when file updates are done by the factory PIWIS tool or Porsche related tool. Other "tuners" that do not know how to devert around unlike Softronic will show a flash counter change.

For example we had a recent customer with a 997TT that had flashed his car with us/Softronic. He had a turbo problem with the mechanical arm that was warrantied. Porsche reflashed his car from the original firmware of B730 (flash count 1) to a B742 (flash count 2). The customer went to reinstall his tuned file, but because they changed his firmware, the tuned file did not work and caused his car to not start. So he had it brought back to the dealer to be reflashed to firmware B742 (flash count 3). He then reread out the car and received a new file for his car which was loaded. At the end of the day, only the Porsche dealer alterations show as flash counts totally 3.

Thanks!

Last edited by vividracing; 04-16-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-16-2010 | 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
Also I offer live support for ANY questions or flashing. Just go to www.softronictuning.com and click on the image on the upper right!

Old 04-16-2010 | 01:23 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
If you put the original file back in the car, Porsche cannot detect anything as it is the ORIGINAL. Softronic provides you with the TRUE ORIGINAL file. Others that have a switching unit give you a stock type file where you are switching between fuel maps on a already altered file. The only flash counter that exists is when file updates are done by the factory PIWIS tool or Porsche related tool. Other "tuners" that do not know how to devert around unlike Softronic will show a flash counter change.

For example we had a recent customer with a 997TT that had flashed his car with us/Softronic. He had a turbo problem with the mechanical arm that was warrantied. Porsche reflashed his car from the original firmware of B735 (flash count 1) to a B742 (flash count 2). The customer went to reinstall his tuned file, but because they changed his firmware, the tuned file did not work and caused his car to not start. So he had it brought back to the dealer to be reflashed to firmware B742 (flash count 3). He then reread out the car and received a new file for his car which was loaded. At the end of the day, only the Porsche dealer alterations show as flash counts totally 3.

Thanks!
Good stuff to know right there.
I think the key to any upgrade is getting to know the person who you will be dealing w/. The person who is “ tuning “ your car; whether it be a ECU flash or bolt on mods. Getting to know their philosophy and the reason to why they go about things the way they do to get you where you want to go w/ HP and drivability of your car should be the most important factor in picking a Tuner. <O</O
Why would you let some1 you don’t know touch your car? Would you let some1 drive it just because a buddy says he is a good driver even though you have never met or seen this guy drive? <O</O
But I put value on things other then cost. There is a lot of good shops/tuners out there but not all of them will be the best over all fit for your desires and budget. <O</O

Old 04-16-2010 | 06:20 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
From the www.softronictuning.com guarantee page, Softronic/Vivid states, "To answer the biggest question, no this will not affect your warranty of the vehicle when only using our files. " Kudos to you for going the extra mile and guaranteeing that the Porsche factory warranty will remain intact with a Softronic flash (as long as flashed back to stock). To my knowledge, you are the only tuner offering such a solid, written, warranty. What is the process for making a claim if you follow the instructions, flash back to stock and Porsche denies a warranty claim?

Last edited by sparkhill; 04-16-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-16-2010 | 06:24 PM
Former Vendor
I am not saying Vivid or Softronic is the only route. I am saying this is what our product does and the facts about it. I agree with what is said above, you should do your homework and pick someone you are comfortable with. Like I have said before, I know most of the other tuners and have sold parts to them or bought parts from them. There is alot of people trying to do good

Sparkhill - thanks, I hope that helped clarify things.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic Software Criticism