997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Softronic Software Criticism

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2010 | 06:45 AM
Showking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond repute
This whole thread became an epic failure. Here's an idea... If you don't like the software, dont f*cking buy it.. If you're that worried about your warranty.... don't f*cking buy it. If you want your car to be really quick and you aren't a p*ssy, buy it. I love how everyone who's not in the business of making and selling software products are quick to explain how it should or shouldn't be done, as if they know better. The poor bastard that started this thread was just looking for anyone that had a problem with their car after they installed the Softronic to say so... I have yet to see any such posts. All I have seen are people that don't like the way the software does its business. It's like choosing Mac or PC. Do your research and make your decision. I definitely can say from experience, and a good one at that, the software works, and works well. End it already.

-Showking

Old 04-23-2010 | 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
"I was sitting in the back of a cab when I said, I wish I could flash via obdII. Softronic was my idea."

Last edited by vividracing; 04-23-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2010 | 09:38 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Showking
This whole thread became an epic failure. Here's an idea... If you don't like the software, dont f*cking buy it.. If you're that worried about your warranty.... don't f*cking buy it. If you want your car to be really quick and you aren't a p*ssy, buy it. I love how everyone who's not in the business of making and selling software products are quick to explain how it should or shouldn't be done, as if they know better. The poor bastard that started this thread was just looking for anyone that had a problem with their car after they installed the Softronic to say so... I have yet to see any such posts. All I have seen are people that don't like the way the software does its business. It's like choosing Mac or PC. Do your research and make your decision. I definitely can say from experience, and a good one at that, the software works, and works well. End it already.

-Showking

Thanks THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2010 | 10:50 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Dan, I think it went more like this:

I remember it vividly. I was standing on the edge of my toilet hanging a clock, the porcelain was wet, I slipped, hit my head on the sink, and when I came to I had a revelation! A vision! A picture in my head! A picture of this!

This is what makes OBDII programming possible: the Softronic cable!

Old 04-23-2010 | 10:52 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Why is the clock behind me? Do I put a mirror in front of me?

Old 04-23-2010 | 10:59 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
Why is the clock behind me? Do I put a mirror in front of me?
You should fall off the toilet more often.

Old 04-28-2010 | 08:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Wow .

Lots of stuff going on in this thread and unfortunately I cant look at each one given the time frame. Lets just say that all but Giac, Revo,APR or EVOsit use Softronic as posted and we either develop the files or make and deliver the system for them. We have been making them since 2005 for the OBD flashing. The mapping that we developed on was started by Bosch in the early 80's and is still used so it is not new yet more complicated and costly for most to use. All of the sensors and fuel management components were created for set parameters and Softronic does not use them out of their design nor capabilities. This applies to Porsche and all other German manufactures.

Most of the comparisons listed are actually by the same company so in reality it is the brand name that drives us and not the manufacturer........ You may post on the name Softronic yet are using it under a different name given what Ive looked at in this thread.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Last edited by Softronic; 04-29-2010 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Added Evo and APR
Old 04-28-2010 | 10:28 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by freeman
How about FVD? Do they use a different approach from Softtronic ? Both of them use OBDII flash right now.
As far as I know FVD only uses the softronic flash interphase, all the rest is a custom written file from Germany.

Old 04-28-2010 | 11:13 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Softronic
Wow .

Lots of stuff going on in this thread and unfortunately I cant look at each one given the time frame. Lets just say that all but Giac or Revo use Softronic as posted and we either develop the files or make and deliver the system for them. We have been making them since 2005 for the OBD flashing. The mapping that we developed on was started by Bosch in the early 80's and is still used so it is not new yet more complicated and costly for most to use. All of the sensors and fuel management components were created for set parameters and Softronic does not use them out of their design nor capabilities. This applies to Porsche and all other German manufactures.

Most of the comparisons listed are actually by the same company so in reality it is the brand name that drives us and not the manufacturer........ You may post on the name Softronic yet are using it under a different name given what Ive looked at in this thread.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson
Interesting comment. So EVOMSit, Protomotive, Switzer, TPC, and FVD are all based on Softronic tune files and repackaged under their own brand?

Old 04-29-2010 | 07:25 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TTdude
Interesting comment. So EVOMSit, Protomotive, Switzer, TPC, and FVD are all based on Softronic tune files and repackaged under their own brand?
+2,very interested in the answer to the above question

Old 04-29-2010 | 07:54 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Wow .

Lots of stuff going on in this thread and unfortunately I cant look at each one given the time frame. Lets just say that all but Giac, Revo,APR or EVOsit use Softronic as posted and we either develop the files or make and deliver the system for them. We have been making them since 2005 for the OBD flashing. The mapping that we developed on was started by Bosch in the early 80's and is still used so it is not new yet more complicated and costly for most to use. All of the sensors and fuel management components were created for set parameters and Softronic does not use them out of their design nor capabilities. This applies to Porsche and all other German manufactures.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson
Scott,

Please add me to this list. We (EPL) are not using your product to flash and all calibrations have been created in house here in CT.

-Tony

Old 04-29-2010 | 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
He said all but, Giac, Revo,APR or EVOsit. Those companies have their own product.

Old 04-29-2010 | 09:29 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
He said all but, Giac, Revo,APR or EVOsit. Those companies have their own product.
So does EPL. All flashing software and calibrations are produced in house...the same as REVO, GIAC and APR.

Old 04-29-2010 | 09:31 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Wow .

Lots of stuff going on in this thread and unfortunately I cant look at each one given the time frame. Lets just say that all but Giac, Revo,APR or EVOsit use Softronic as posted and we either develop the files or make and deliver the system for them.
Wow -- the twist and turn that this thread has taken. Not that there is anything wrong with Softronic -- I see many happy customers.

Swizer and FVD both use Softronic? Any differentiation?
If I buy the ECU tune from FVD, I get the exact *same* generic tune as if I buy from Swizer?

Last edited by cannga; 04-29-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-29-2010 | 09:41 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Wow .

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson
You might want to edit your list some more because what about Proto, FVD, Switzer, TPC, Tech Tec, TTP, Ruf, Sportec, etc... Are saying you write files for all these too? I don't believe this is true. Please clarify your statement because you are painting a very broad stroke about Softronic. I know Todd K. always does his own tuning, always have, and supports many other companies with his tuning abilities.

Last edited by TTdude; 04-29-2010 at 09:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic Software Criticism