997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Champion Motorsport 997.2TT "War Admiral" TESTED WITH RESULTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 02:41 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tuskir
So looks like 90k in mods according to that ad...
Wow that's a lot of $$$. But to be fair, one could concentrate on the performance portion only, which is the "engine" section below.

It would be nice to know what just the engine improvement costs? I also wonder if you could further get rid of the 2 carbon pieces and not affect performance much? It's carbon for the weight saving, not for any functional improvement, no?
If you do these things, then you would be down to the core of this package: GIAC tune, turbo, intercooler, header. I imagine one could even switch out the Tubi for any preferred 200 cat exhaust.

Engine
- CMS Billet Compressor turbochargers with 68mm 7 blade wheels
- CMS (new for 2010) intercooler upgrade, including silicon hoses and hardware
- *********Werks1 carbon Y-pipe for 2010 cars
- CMS compressor inlet adapters (increased flow)
- ********* Werks1 carbon air box for 2010 cars
- CMS exhaust manifolds, 3 into 1 equal length headers
- *********Tubi Style Race exhaust system
- GIAC high performance software proprietary to CMS

Last edited by cannga; 04-18-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:57 PM
freeman is infamous around these parts
Unbelievable ! I want that car!

Old 04-18-2010, 05:56 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by freeman
Unbelievable ! I want that car!
$250K it's yours WOW that's scuderia, 458 italia, lp560-4 territory

Old 04-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Wilson@Champion
Here are some more images of the NEW MM20 Magnesium Center Lock Wheels and another shot of the entire car.

Very Nice.. Do these come in 18" also??

Old 04-18-2010, 06:16 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 997tt RS 2.7
$250K it's yours WOW that's scuderia, 458 italia, lp560-4 territory
In defense of the car, and not the price, it would and could eat all those cars you mentioned for lunch and then crap em out. But I wouldn't pay that number for the car. Someone will.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
In defense of the car, and not the price, it would and could eat all those cars you mentioned for lunch and then crap em out. But I wouldn't pay that number for the car. Someone will.
I know just the guy too.. He has a few mil in cars.. He wont blink to have a car like this thats done and ready w/ no wait time..

Mike

Old 04-18-2010, 09:52 PM
f360c5 is infamous around these partsf360c5 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Louis@Champion

Aero and Body and Misc.
- CMS Forged Magnesium Center Loc Wheels 9X19 front, 12X19 Rear
- Michelin Pilot Cup tires
Are you using the 235/35 and 305/30?

Old 04-19-2010, 06:05 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Obviously the performance mods are not worth $90,000. Perhaps for the custom wheels, body work, full wrap, and it being a 1st-of-it's-kind and being available NOW, that is worth the $90k. I'd like to see what the actual performance kit goes for though.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:20 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Obviously the performance mods are not worth $90,000. Perhaps for the custom wheels, body work, full wrap, and it being a 1st-of-it's-kind and being available NOW, that is worth the $90k. I'd like to see what the actual performance kit goes for though.
Agreed. The performance is amazing -- for that there is no question. But, it would be interesting to see the cost of the core of this upgrade, without the carbon fiber component: GIAC ECU tune, turbo, intercooler, header.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:06 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
I guess US tuners DO know how to tune Porsches...

Very nice work.
they definitely do

Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
All pricing is currently available. Please shoot me a pm and I will be more than happy to break down the kit / components your interested in.
Thank you -- was just shootin' the breeze, from my interest at the remarkable times posted. (I "only" have a 997.1 Turbo, but with GIAC tune already.)

Old 04-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Former Vendor
Louis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Very Nice.. Do these come in 18" also??
Hey Mike,

No, unfortunately we have not built or designed an 18" center loc wheel yet. With the Turbo S coming out, and all of the center loc cars being delivered we will certainly take it into consideration. We do however have this wheel (the MM20) coming in forged aluminum very soon. The Magnesium wheels showcase our technology, and they are a perfect fit for a test / press car, or any racing application. Having the wheel in both forged materials sets a price structure for our customers to choose within.

We will also have the MM20 available for the GT-3 fitment very soon.

Thanks

Old 04-19-2010, 01:18 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Hey Louis!
Would you mind posting the PBox data breaking out the 60-130 time. I think many would be interested in seeing it...

Old 04-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor
Louis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cannga
Wow that's a lot of $$$. But to be fair, one could concentrate on the performance portion only, which is the "engine" section below.

It would be nice to know what just the engine improvement costs? I also wonder if you could further get rid of the 2 carbon pieces and not affect performance much? It's carbon for the weight saving, not for any functional improvement, no?
If you do these things, then you would be down to the core of this package: GIAC tune, turbo, intercooler, header. I imagine one could even switch out the Tubi for any preferred 200 cat exhaust.
Honestly, at the price listed the lucky owner will bypass a good deal of the labor that would be charged in building a supercar like this.

I can not go into pricing within this thread, but the 4 wheels and the pair of seats alone make up 25% of the cost of this particular package. Of course the majority of our customers may not wish to spend that money.

You are correct that the performance portion of the kit does generally consist of the turbochargers, intercooler kit, GIAC Tuning, compressor inlet adapters, headers, Tubi Race, and the carbon induction parts. These components are offered as a kit or individually directly from Champion Motorsport, or through any of our dealers. The full performance of the kit will definitely change with catalysts. Of course we have not tested all of the performance catalysts on the market, but the tuning does change, and the power level will decrease slightly. Now realize this testing was all conducted at the 545whp Step 1. The Step 2 near 600whp tune is completed but not yet released due to the limitations within the PDK. We have not yet done it, but a tune could be developed to bring the 545 back with catalysts, but we will wait until we have a suitable catalyst to test with.

Remember this car was put together as a Press / Test car, so it encompasses everything that Champion Motorsport has to offer at this time. The articles that will be written about it will cover more than just 0-60mph and 1/4 mile times. The articles will cover on track tests including cornering, braking, etc.. Also the basic drivability of the car around town, including noise level, comfort of ride, etc... When we put this car together all things had to be considered. The car had to be built to enhance the already stellar OEM performance in many areas, without compromising any other area. This is a very difficult task, and a journalist with a solid reputation must be not biased.

Again, if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask. I can only answer questions in regard to pricing through PM. We will work on getting some basic sales information up in the vendor forums, either by us, or one of our dealers as soon as possible.

Thanks for the interest.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MBailey
Hey Louis!
Would you mind posting the PBox data breaking out the 60-130 time. I think many would be interested in seeing it...
Unfortunately we were only focusing on a few details, and we were not actually conducting the tests. The interesting fact about these results is that they were truly independant. We plan to do a bit more testing later this week, and we will set up the V-box to gather more information.

This is a sample of what we have.

Time 20:56 Date 15/04/2010
Speed(mph) Time(s)
0-60 02.6
0-100 06.1
30-50 01.0
50-70 01.2

More to come..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Champion Motorsport 997.2TT "War Admiral" TESTED WITH RESULTS