997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Champion Motorsport 997.2TT "War Admiral" TESTED WITH RESULTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 01:41 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Louis@Champion
Unfortunately we were only focusing on a few details, and we were not actually conducting the tests. The interesting fact about these results is that they were truly independant. We plan to do a bit more testing later this week, and we will set up the V-box to gather more information.

This is a sample of what we have.

Time 20:56 Date 15/04/2010
Speed(mph) Time(s)
0-60 02.6
0-100 06.1
30-50 01.0
50-70 01.2

More to come..
Thanks Louis! I will watch for your update...
Mike

Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
....Now realize this testing was all conducted at the 545whp Step 1. The Step 2 near 600whp tune is completed but not yet released due to the limitations within the PDK. We have not yet done it, but a tune could be developed to bring the 545 back with catalysts, but we will wait until we have a suitable catalyst to test with.
Hi Louis, thanks for taking the time to respond. I am quite impressed with your credentials, approach, and results. I cross posted your work to another forum http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread...rbo/page1.html (hope you don't mind). As expected the 2.6 and 1/4 mile time got quite a bit of attention, however, the question that has repeatedly come up is the limit of the PDK.

1. Does Champion have any plan to modify the PDK, or will it be left to a third party?

2. Does it involve something simple, such as changing the PDK clutch discs?

3. And hopefully the cost won't be prohibitive? Any ball park estimate please? Thank you and I wish your program success!

Old 04-20-2010, 12:46 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Hi Cannga,

I know you addressed the question to Louis but I thought this may help shed a little light:
http://9ff.de/en/products/details.ph...=50&relID=3855

Regards

Old 04-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Former Vendor
Louis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cannga
1. Does Champion have any plan to modify the PDK, or will it be left to a third party?

2. Does it involve something simple, such as changing the PDK clutch discs?

3. And hopefully the cost won't be prohibitive? Any ball park estimate please? Thank you and I wish your program success!
At this time we are exploring the PDK. My feeling is that the general internals of the gearbox will be sufficient to handle the power that CMS will release. CMS will handle the development of the upgrade of the PDK internally. We already know a great deal about it, and we hope to have a sound solution by the time the Turbo S arrives in North America. As for cost, I could not even guess yet. But I would not expect the PDK upgrade to be outrageous.

We will post an update when we have completed our testing.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:28 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
At this time we are exploring the PDK. My feeling is that the general internals of the gearbox will be sufficient to handle the power that CMS will release. CMS will handle the development of the upgrade of the PDK internally. We already know a great deal about it, and we hope to have a sound solution by the time the Turbo S arrives in North America. As for cost, I could not even guess yet. But I would not expect the PDK upgrade to be outrageous.

We will post an update when we have completed our testing.
Thank you.
Months before your post, there was leaked info (allegedly from source within PAG) that the limit of the PDK is 790 Nm. Lo and behold you own observation came in at 780 Nm. I was impressed.

Is there any information posted regarding what the "step 2" tune adds to "step 1"? TIA.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Mike,

No, unfortunately we have not built or designed an 18" center loc wheel yet. With the Turbo S coming out, and all of the center loc cars being delivered we will certainly take it into consideration. We do however have this wheel (the MM20) coming in forged aluminum very soon. The Magnesium wheels showcase our technology, and they are a perfect fit for a test / press car, or any racing application. Having the wheel in both forged materials sets a price structure for our customers to choose within.

We will also have the MM20 available for the GT-3 fitment very soon.

Thanks
Louis,
Do you have published data on the prices, sizes and weights of the magnesium wheels?

Old 04-21-2010, 03:18 AM
socalmr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tech1_Mike
Louis,
Do you have published data on the prices, sizes and weights of the magnesium wheels?
i am curious of this question as well, how much estimated differences on the performance with the aluminum wheels? being that it is rotational mass....

Old 04-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Nice work Louis, keep it up bud!

Old 04-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Former Vendor
Louis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Nice work Louis, keep it up bud!
Thank You for the compliments. We are proud of this step 1 kit. Actually as we speak, the boss is off testing the car.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Tech1_Mike
Louis,
I cannot quote prices, but you can send an e-mail to Sales@championmotorsportonline.com, or PM me with your e-mail and I will get you that information. As for weights, this is what I have so far.
<O</O
OEM Front wheel 19x8.5” = 23.25lbs<O</O
CMS Front Mg. Wheel 19x9” = 19.55lbs<O</O
<O</O

OEM Rear wheel 19x11” = 26.65lbs<O</O
CMS Rear Mg. wheel 19x12” = 22.45lbs<O</O

The real benefit with the MG is the stiffness, not really the weight like most people think. I will write an article on that when I get some time. The aluminum wheel will not be very much heavier if any at all.. We have them coming in very soon in limited initial quantities.

Last edited by Louis@Champion; 04-21-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:42 AM
addnon is infamous around these parts
lol sorry, but I find it comical that a car named the "war admiral" is cotton candy blue

Old 04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by addnon
lol sorry, but I find it comical that a car named the "war admiral" is cotton candy blue
Hey.. that is ICE BLUE.. cotton candy definitely has less appeal..

Thanks for following along..

Old 04-29-2010, 10:54 PM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
The aluminum center lock wheel will come in 20 inches correct?

I love the car, great work.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:59 AM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Nice gains!

Old 05-01-2010, 11:39 AM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by addnon
It should be called "Avatar Blue", just needs some war stripes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Champion Motorsport 997.2TT "War Admiral" TESTED WITH RESULTS