997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

100-200 km/h times: Stock_vs_Modified

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 04:37 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Thats cool by me. A day out of my life wont kill me....i hope . I was looking forward to some greek coffee in Athens....followed by a scary ride. I can always bring my crash helmet .
Cool in that case, order me a freppe (metrio )

Old 08-22-2010, 05:39 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Speed21,
To be honest with you,I really wouldnt be happy to get to know you in person due to the fact that you are a hard believer about my car and during the last months you tend to manipulate my cars performance and tune,for your own reasons.I am sure you can recall that your behaviour banned you for a week or so...
On the other hand I have nothing to hide about my car and i can give you a ride to see its performance...You can bring your vbox to measure my car with 2 persons,me driving...But sorry mate,i wont have that coffee with you,I prefer other members of this forum to have coffee with,that respect me and my past and previous P cars...

Old 08-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
Have you measured your 100-200 km/h after proto mods?
Not yet Mert. I've got a new sachs performance clutch i'll be fitting up when i get back late october so after that then i will do one just out of curiosity. Mind you i dont anticipate in being able to produce a time as good as skands...no offense intended to skand.
And whilst i like owning fast P cars Ive always maintained times are something of no great importance to me personally. Maybe that will change one day but for now i have other interests of greater importance.
I hope you and others understand..

Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Sounds like an oxymoron.
You are quite right ruf my ole mate. That one was an oxymoron indeedy. May i rephrase that to: I will bring an olive branch to hold out to Skand...not fight with.

Originally Posted by unvmy996
Cool in that case, order me a freppe (metrio )
No worries . I have to get there first.

Originally Posted by skandalis447
Speed21,
To be honest with you,I really wouldnt be happy to get to know you in person due to the fact that you are a hard believer about my car and during the last months you tend to manipulate my cars performance and tune,for your own reasons.I am sure you can recall that your behaviour banned you for a week or so...
On the other hand I have nothing to hide about my car and i can give you a ride to see its performance...You can bring your vbox to measure my car with 2 persons,me driving...But sorry mate,i wont have that coffee with you,I prefer other members of this forum to have coffee with,that respect me and my past and previous P cars...
No problem skand. Your call. I saw an opportunity to put our differences to one side and to have a laugh but its your call. I can be in Athens absolutely no worries at all as i will be close by soon in my travels your way. I would not wish to meet up if you were not of an open mind though. I dont want confrontation. I can be in fast cars anytime so being in yours is not a huge priority. A 10 minute coffee would have been nicer.

My "hard believing" was always about your 1 bar boost claim and that hasnt changed. I also know im not the only one having difficulty believing that story. You keep on saying how i dont believe your performance time when i have never ever said that once. If you wish to continue to believe i dont believe your time then im not going to beat myself over the head. Anyhow have a think on the coffee.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:05 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
[quote=speed21;2952137]Not yet Mert. I've got a new sachs performance clutch i'll be fitting up when i get back late october so after that then i will do one just out of curiosity. Mind you i dont anticipate in being able to produce a time as good as skands...no offense intended to skand.
And whilst i like owning fast P cars Ive always maintained times are something of no great importance to me personally. Maybe that will change one day but for now i have other interests of greater importance.

Hey Paul,

I cant believe the above mentioned comments.

You are one of the guys who spend most of his time for modifications/60-130 results/ performance based subjects. I dont see you asking for detailing or for non-performance based subjects.

Then you reply me: "times are of no great importance". You are the one who did not believe Skandalis. Aren't you? So if times are not so essential for you why did you question Skandalis' results?

Moreover, if times are of no great importance for a P car owner, then he would not modify his 997 TT. If times are not of great importance why would someone want more than 480 hp and take the risk of avoiding warranty?

Your approach to Skandalis, and your answer about measuring your own 60-130 mph seems as if you are experiencing a contradiction in yourself. Waiting for a clutch, september, christmas, snow time, bla bla.....Instead of spending your time with Skandalis' results get a 60-130 with your current clutch

Old 08-23-2010, 01:15 AM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
First of all your 997 is manual transmission?

regarding 610 hp kit, you got custom tune and 633 hp. Did you manage to get 633 hp with FVD's upgraded VTGs? If so, at which boost pressure did you make 633 hp?

The car is a 6speed, the ECU tuning to 633hp is "smooth": 1.2Bar (overboost 1.3), EAT 850°C and Lambda OK, with the FVD's upgraded VTG's.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
[quote=TwinTurboM3;2952427]
Originally Posted by speed21
Not yet Mert. I've got a new sachs performance clutch i'll be fitting up when i get back late october so after that then i will do one just out of curiosity. Mind you i dont anticipate in being able to produce a time as good as skands...no offense intended to skand.

Hey Paul,

I cant believe the above mentioned comments.

Well i didnt write them if i didnt mean them Mert.

You are one of the guys who spend most of his time for modifications/60-130 results/ performance based subjects.

Not at all. On the 6 I have an interest like many guys do but that doesn't necessarily mean i'm up from dawn to dusk and dusk back through to dawn again looking to mod my car purely for the purpose of posting times......not that there is anything wrong with that for those guys that do as i love reading their experiences. Each to their own if you know what i mean. I find the times are interesting but the mods i've done so far have been fun for me so try to understand that when i set out, acceleration times were not part of the equation at the time.

I dont see you asking for detailing or for non-performance based subjects.

Huh? Should i be asking??? If im interested i just go and look at those threads and make comment if i feel inclined to do so as pretty well every other member does now. So whats the big deal??

Then you reply me: "times are of no great importance".

To me yes. That may change in the future but for now times are more so an interest than a necessity for me at the moment. Sorry if that grates with you.

You are the one who did not believe Skandalis. Aren't you?

It depends upon what you are referring to Mert. If you are referring to skands claim that 1 bar boost is all that is required to produce Aprs 865nms torque then you are dead right. I definately dont belive that. But im not the only one either. Its ok though, use me as the whipping post if it makes you and skand feel good. I can take it .

If on the other hand if you are referring to me not believing Skands recorded official 60 to 130 time then you are way way off base. Please provide just one of my posts where i have said that and you will have qualification to cast that comment against me. But you won't find one, thats the (yours and skands) problem. And, my accused manipulation of scandalists times is also another thing he keeps on and on about for some crazy reason. Just please show me where i am manipulating his times??? Love to see it!! I've put these presumtions down to being a form of smoke screen to cover up that illogical 1 bar boost story. A diversion tactic so to speak.

So if times are not so essential for you why did you question Skandalis' results?

I didnt. Again the 1 bar boost claim of skands was what was in question. If skand has chosen to mix that up somehow into believing that because i personally didnt believe his 1 bar boost claim that must mean that i automaticlly dont believe his time then thats not correct at all. Skands unusual and strange misinterpretation should not be made my problem. This presumption of Skands appears now to have become a convenient presumption of yours too.

Dont forget that skandalist said he did a durametric test to prove his 1 bar max boost claim yet failed to provide any formal proof even though HE said HE would provide it on two separate occassions, yet failed to do so. So should i be condemned for thinking that maybe, just maybe, the reason behind him not providing it may have have something to do with the true result he may have to produce for the 6speeders? Anyway, for all of that i'm done with that at this point in time. I've moved on and was hoping you guys had too.You may recall I have said i'm done with that totally???

Moreover, if times are of no great importance for a P car owner, then he would not modify his 997 TT.

Thats crazy to suggest that. So you are saying no one should ever do any mods to their 997tt if they dont intend putting a stop watch on it? C'mon!! Youre kidding me right??? Where is that law written?? There are a lot of 6 speeders that have modded their cars and have not done times. Are they also to be condemned and/or banned from viewing or posting on these performance time threads??

If times are not of great importance why would someone want more than 480 hp and take the risk of avoiding warranty?

People do what people do because thats what they feel like doing. Is that a mortal sin??

Your approach to Skandalis, and your answer about measuring your own 60-130 mph seems as if you are experiencing a contradiction in yourself.

What???? You're losing it with all this nonsense Mert. The offer I made to Skand is a genuine one and is there anything wrong with making peace with skand with the hope of a few laughs over a cup? You could also join in too for that matter.

Waiting for a clutch, september, christmas, snow time, bla bla.....Instead of spending your time with Skandalis' results get a 60-130 with your current clutch
Why on earth would i bother when the clutch is not holdng it all now? Are you in some way suggesting i toast my flywheel for the sake of producing a time? At one point i will do a time. At the moment ive actually flashed back to stock to preserve the flywheel untill i fit the clutch. For now i have a lot of other things going on, but be patient. Life will go on my friend. As i said i have other interests. Please dont worry so much on my account. I've already said my car will not be as fast as Skands and many others....yours too if you like. Now is that an offense to be happy with my lot and for others with faster timed cars? Or is it that you wish for my car to be as fast? Please let me know what you want and i will try to make you happy....hopefully that is possible .

Until then "let the good times roll" OK?

Last edited by speed21; 08-23-2010 at 05:29 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:48 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Good response Paul.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Paul is not the only one who doesn't believe that Skand is achieving those times with only 1 bar of boost. If anyone believes a 6.5 60-130 on stock vtgs can be achieved with only one bar of boost is either in denial or living in lala land. I recall Chris Green posting somewhere that there is more than one bar of boost from his dyno runs so that should be the end of the story. Matt has also said somewhere that the APR tune runs more than 1 bar.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:33 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttdude
paul is not the only one who doesn't believe that skand is achieving those times with only 1 bar of boost. If anyone believes a 6.5 60-130 on stock vtgs can be achieved with only one bar of boost is either in denial or living in lala land. I recall chris green posting somewhere that there is more than one bar of boost from his dyno runs so that should be the end of the story. Matt has also said somewhere that the apr tune runs more than 1 bar.
1++++

Old 08-24-2010, 11:07 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ysfg35
1++++
i run 1,4bar with modded VTGs and all other modds and can run slower than that

Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Well it seems to me that one more thread is about to become APR thread...<!--[endif]-->
Once more (but really for the last time) I will write down that i do not have any relation with APR.I bought this car with the software installed and put other tuning parts on it...The car achieved 6,48 verified time for 60-130miles and during my log tests it had 1,05bar max boost...also mech gauge max reading was 1bar...I dont know and I really dont care whether APR has found a way to trick OEM or durametric gauges...I just reported what I saw...It is the same for me at 1 or at 1,3bar...I even accepted Speed21 call to measure my car,but I wont be friend and have coffee with someone who only writes against me and my cars performance.The way this car performs should show the limits of stock VTG to other tuners so to override them during the future.I really wonder when a stock VTG car with any boost will have a better 60-130 time...
On the other hand in order to fully understand APRs aproach to 997TT ECU we need to have in mind that these engineers designed this software with a tagret torque in mind...ECU alters all parameters except max boost in order to achieve these goals.If for any reason these goals are not achieved (poor fuel quality,high temp) THEN it raises boost so to get the desired level of torque...My car doesnt need any more boost than 1bar but another at a different environment may need...That is why someone might see 16 or 17psi...I believe I made it pretty clear...
Sorry for hijacking this thread...

Last edited by skandalis447; 08-24-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:58 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
So you can meet target torque without raising boost in Greece where the daily temps are in the 30s (celsius)? All bow down the APR gods.

Forgive the sarcasm. But even APR had indicated that there is more than 15psi. Then they seemed to change their story. I don't want to rehash that other thread (and get banned too lol) but the reason we didn't all jump on the APR bandwagon is credibility. Sure it looks like a nice result but if APR claims they get it with no increase in boost then they are either magicians or someone is getting deceived.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
So you can meet target torque without raising boost in Greece where the daily temps are in the 30s (celsius)? All bow down the APR gods.

You are right my friend...Even I couldnt believe it...But then I drove the car and finally bought it...Probably 100oct euro fuel plays a role...

Forgive the sarcasm. But even APR had indicated that there is more than 15psi.

APR has stated clearly that when every other variable is limited in the software and goals are not achieved,boost is THEN raised...

Then they seemed to change their story. I don't want to rehash that other thread (and get banned too lol) but the reason we didn't all jump on the APR bandwagon is credibility.

Speed21 got banned because he seemed to have something against me and kept writing posts disrespecting my reputation as a member here...
Sure it looks like a nice result but if APR claims they get it with no increase in boost then they are either magicians or someone is getting deceived.

We all live in free countriesso we can choose which products to buy...However I really wonder when another tuning company will produce a faster tune for stock VTGs...my car has done 15000km all in stage 2 set up without even a single code...That is called success my friend...But at the end it is your call...some cars are fast,some are faster and APR has the fastest stock VTG car...

Last edited by skandalis447; 08-24-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by skandalis447
Well it seems to me that one more thread is about to become APR thread...<!--[endif]-->
Once more (but really for the last time) I will write down that i do not have any relation with APR.I bought this car with the software installed and put other tuning parts on it...The car achieved 6,48 verified time for 60-130miles and during my log tests it had 1,05bar max boost...also mech gauge max reading was 1bar...I dont know and I really dont care whether APR has found a way to trick OEM or durametric gauges...

As a joke only. I dont suppose that boost gauge happened to look exactly like this one? Sorry Skand, i couldnt help myself when i saw this on the TPC thread.

I just reported what I saw...It is the same for me at 1 or at 1,3bar...

I even accepted Speed21 call to measure my car,but I wont be friend and have coffee with someone who only writes against me and my cars performance.

Thats fine Skand. As i said its your call. I would agree there is no point in my meeting up with you least of all riding in your car if my offer of peace and a laugh over a cup is not going to be accepted in good spirit. I'm personally not one to hold any grudge but if you wish to drag it around forever then your call.

The way this car performs should show the limits of stock VTG to other tuners so to override them during the future.I really wonder when a stock VTG car with any boost will have a better 60-130 time...
On the other hand in order to fully understand APRs aproach to 997TT ECU we need to have in mind that these engineers designed this software with a tagret torque in mind...ECU alters all parameters except max boost in order to achieve these goals.If for any reason these goals are not achieved (poor fuel quality,high temp) THEN it raises boost so to get the desired level of torque...My car doesnt need any more boost than 1bar but another at a different environment may need...That is why someone might see 16 or 17psi...I believe I made it pretty clear...
Sorry for hijacking this thread...
I would agree in one thing Skand. Its time to put the Apr thing to bed. Nothing worthwhile has come out of it for anyone .

Originally Posted by The Bogg

Forgive the sarcasm. But even APR had indicated that there is more than 15psi. Then they seemed to change their story. I don't want to rehash that other thread (and get banned too lol) but the reason we didn't all jump on the APR bandwagon is credibility. Sure it looks like a nice result but if APR claims they get it with no increase in boost then they are either magicians or someone is getting deceived.
Lol. Yes Boggy if you are caught out on the wrong team anything can happen. Take me for example. Asked too many questions. Pushed hard for the truth. But it wound up being some things are just best kept secret. Youve heard of the X files haven't you? This one is somewhat of a mystery tune huh? Some guys seem to get one with this and then some guys get the same tune but it does something totally different.
Maybe its the placebo effect .
Anyways.....

Last edited by speed21; 08-25-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:24 AM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Hi!
I v-boxed a stock 997.1TT 6spd at 22°C yesterday with 98 oct french pump fuel:
-best 100-200: 8.4' without air conditionned and alone in the car...
so the 60-130 appears up to 9'...
And re-v-boxed mine 630hp/860Nm big VTG's:
-best 100-200: 6.7' same conditions the first one; probably 60-130 in a little 8' (I will try...)

There must be something you do not know in your engine Skand!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 100-200 km/h times: Stock_vs_Modified