997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

100-200 km/h times: Stock_vs_Modified

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Just checked the data, Sledgehammer did a 3.7 second 100-200kmh.

Doesnt this require replacing the turbos though?

Skandalis is just running software and exhaust.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by milou
100oct pump fuel is 100ron fuel i don't know what lab you are talking about, i'm 100% sure that is better than any US pump fuel.

I'm using the same

I did some datalogs and send over to my tuner who made a custom program based on the date i gave him, when i installed the new sofwear the transmition was sliping, this happend because of the extra power. As soon as i get the tip back from MKB i'll give it a try.

Skandalis,

Is there any possibility that your car has modded VTG's and you don't know?

Intercoolers?

Don't take it personally man, i'm just trying to understand how can it be that fast with only exhaust, ECU and air intake, if that software is so good i might change to that one

Anyone running same softwear?

Milou

Where you located? I might be able to send you our laptop to download the APR software. All you need is internet connection and 30 minutes give or take depending on signal strength. Its a Verizon Netbook so you can do it at your home or office. I just not sure if it will work out side the US. You can always send me your ECU as well.

30 day money back guarantee, your ECU will be loaded with 4 out of 5 options of your choice, stock, 91Oct, 93oct, 100, Valet, You will definately get 100% of the following options, Fault Code Erase, Throttle Body Alignment, Security, and Anti-theft

Old 04-26-2010, 11:31 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Well if you would like to beat up on some of your local competition, feel free to give us a call!
As soon as my warranty is close to running out I'll be calling. looks like you're not that far from me, about a 3-4hr drive from Toronto if I'm not mistaken.

I know it's never going to happen but it would be great to know the 100-200km/h for a manual 997tt starting from each gear (i.e. 3rd gear and higher). Most of the time I'm not cruising around in the lowest possible gear so what I'm looking for is the most improvement in what I call "flexibility". The stock car is already decent at accelerating from pretty well any gear, but of course it can be improved upon.

Is there a standard way to measure the 100-200 or whatever speed? I bet the time would be quite different if one were to start at 100, nail the throttle and time till 200 versus being on boost at 80km/h and then just measuring the time between 100 and 200. I note that the 0-60mph for a manual 997tt is about 3.7s or so but the 5-60mph is 4.8s which indicates that the launch is important for getting the best time. Great if you're at a stoplight but not so good for when you see an opening in traffic. Oh well, nothing is perfect, it's still pretty darn good.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:44 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Milou

Where you located? I might be able to send you our laptop to download the APR software. All you need is internet connection and 30 minutes give or take depending on signal strength. Its a Verizon Netbook so you can do it at your home or office. I just not sure if it will work out side the US. You can always send me your ECU as well.

30 day money back guarantee, your ECU will be loaded with 4 out of 5 options of your choice, stock, 91Oct, 93oct, 100, Valet, You will definately get 100% of the following options, Fault Code Erase, Throttle Body Alignment, Security, and Anti-theft
I have had a softwear from my tuner but then softronic cable came out so i did some runs, collected data via durametric and send them over to my tuner. He made a new program for me, when i uploaded it the car was so powerful that the tiptronic was sliping, so i have send it for upgrade.

The wired thing is that before adding the new sofwear my car's times were simmilar to Skandalis. His car has a program and intake and i have VTG's,BRVs,4,5''I/Cs with silicon hoses,100cell exhaust system,carbon turbine to airbox tubes.
I can't wait to get the Tiptronic back and do some runs

Old 04-26-2010, 11:50 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
did you measure 100-200 with your previous software?what was the time?

Old 04-26-2010, 12:52 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
the best 100-200 i did was 5,5sec. If i would do 10runs 8 would be 5,8sec

But i think i has a small slip between gears

Old 04-26-2010, 01:10 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
considering you have a cab you should have a few more ponnies to reach my time...any pbox file?

Old 04-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by skandalis447
considering you have a cab you should have a few more ponnies to reach my time...any pbox file?
I guess i have them since i have modded turbos and larger intercoolers

Attached Files
File Type: txt
BEST04.TXT (167 Bytes, 154 views)
File Type: txt
BEST06.TXT (166 Bytes, 122 views)
Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM
i am slightly faster...0-100 3,1sec...did you have one person?What fuel did you use?Also what was the slope during the run?Modded VTGs are better after 200km...

Old 04-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Many modded VTG's ran 2.9-3.0sec and 0-200kmh under 9sec

Old 04-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Doesnt this require replacing the turbos though?

Skandalis is just running software and exhaust.
Thread said stock vs modified, and that is a modified car, so I don't see why it doesn't fit?

Sledgehammer is a fully built 997tt, except on stock engine, our development vehicle.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:54 PM
So,Neil,in order to get these times turbos and intercoolers are the only additions needed (with the proper tune of course?)

Old 04-26-2010, 01:55 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Thread said stock vs modified, and that is a modified car, so I don't see why it doesn't fit?

Sledgehammer is a fully built 997tt, except on stock engine, our development vehicle.
LOL...

Stock 997TT - knife at a gun fight

Chipped 997TT - gun at a gun fight

Sledgehammer - ICBM Tactical Nuke...at a gun fight.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:09 PM
i am slightly faster...0-100 3,1sec...did you have one person?What fuel did you use?Also what was the slope during the run?Modded VTGs are better after 200km...
i did 0-100 3,3 soft launch spinning, i sometimes do 3,1.
I also did under 3sec with brake launch. This run was done on EKO 100oct pump fuel. When you say modded VTGs are better after 200km you are right and wrong.
Right because the power is so much that its difficult not to spin all first gear, but if you do a good lauch it will be very fast.
I don't know how to get the slope out of the program

Old 04-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
So,Neil,in order to get these times turbos and intercoolers are the only additions needed (with the proper tune of course?)
Sledgehammer:

• Custom GT30R Based Turbos
  • Monster Intercoolers
  • Upper Intake Pipe and IC Plumbing
  • Custom Intake Manifold
  • Injectors/Fuel System
  • Custom Carbon Race Clutch/LWFW
  • Exhaust with Cat-Delete Pipes and Headers
  • Standalone ECM System
  • All products above are proprietary to SPI.
I'm sure I am missing something, but basically that is a 1100-1200hp 997tt on the stock engine. We do engine builds, so that would be recommended.

A lot more than simply putting on upgraded turbos and intake system...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 100-200 km/h times: Stock_vs_Modified