997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

100-200 km/h times: Stock_vs_Modified

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:20 PM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
can they offer a flash for modid VGTs?

Old 04-29-2010, 02:26 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
No...

Old 04-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skandalis447
the car has stock turbos...when we say pump fuel,we mean pump fuel...i will try torco in the next days...stay tuned...i already told you there are plenty of APR cars here...Madsex 343 tried the software...he is a member here,ask him...
i installed the exhaust myself yesterday and had a look at the VTGs...They are stock ones...everything else is stock in the car,including intercoolers...
I just checked on APR's site and they quote this tune as producing 541hp/638 ft lbs torque (403kw/865nm) on the 98 RON fuel. Thats a substantial increase over the stock figures of 620nm in normal mode and 680nm in Sports Chrono. The car is stock trim too so no big turbos etc.

865nms is huge and the 403kw aint too shabby either. I havent seen torque figures like that made on any other stage 1 tune offerings.

No wonder it hauls ***!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:48 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
I just checked on APR's site and they quote this tune as producing 541hp/638 ft lbs torque (403kw/865nm) on the 98 RON fuel. Thats a substantial increase over the stock figures of 620nm in normal mode and 680nm in Sports Chrono. The car is stock trim too so no big turbos etc.

865nms is huge and the 403kw aint too shabby either. I havent seen torque figures like that made on any other stage 1 tune offerings.

No wonder it hauls ***!
If the car is putting down 60-130 times of 6.4s, then he's got way more than 541 hp. Even with 100 octane, these numbers don't jive.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Tides is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Tides, Good afternoon

We are very busy this week with our trackday tomorrow and open house saturday but I came across your response the 6speed was kind enough to email me ( i love this feature ) while I was eating my wonderful Gyro

You hit the nail on the head. Even dyno results can be modified. All I can say is this. And keep in mind I will gladly put this in writing on your invoice.

If I can offer you a risk free 30 day trial of APR software. I will even pay the shipping of our wireless netbook to and back to GMP. Of course you will have to pay for the software up front. But you will have 30 days to try the software. With this software you will get all the programs necessary to perform whatever tests you would like to perform.

You get:
(choose 4 out of 5 maps below)
Stock
Valet

Then for an added bonus:

(you get all 4)

Fault Code Erase
Throttle Body Alignment
Security
Anti-theft

Try every program unlimited driving time and unlimited mileage for 30 days.

If you are satisfied with the results (which I'm sure you will) keep it.

If your not I will give you your money no questions asked. Just reflash your car back to stock.

Everything is done by the OBDII port. Leave the ECU in the car don't have to mess with it. APR's direct port programming will walk you through every step of the way. Its so easy a 5th grade can do it lol. But I will of course be willing to walk you through it step by step over the phone as well.

I honestly think after driving several other cars with different software that its the best. And I do sell the other brands as well. APR has been working with the same ECU that's in your car for the past 6-8 years or so. No one has flashed more VW or Audi cars than APR. No one else staffs a team of engineers to develop all their software and hardware all in house and also manages 4 race teams where they are constantly recording information about what's going on with the car at all times.

Let me know what you think as its going to take me sometime to find a place to dyno the car, and find a place where I can do some trap times.

Hi Matt - You mention in the above "I honestly think after driving several other cars with different software that its the best."

Can you be a bit more specific on the reasons for saying this?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Thumbs up Go for it

Originally Posted by tclayj
I'll be in Savannah GA at The Dark Side DE this weekend. I plan on replacing the tires and a dyno of my car when I return. I am running a APR tune with FVD 200 cat exhaust and will post my results soon.

Hi tclayj - Good to have you enter the APR ratification scene. Your input about the APR flash would be most welcome, and some dyno runs would be awesome for us to see. Thanks in advance for the effort.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:24 AM
tclayj is infamous around these parts
APR Dyno

Originally Posted by Tides
Hi tclayj - Good to have you enter the APR ratification scene. Your input about the APR flash would be most welcome, and some dyno runs would be awesome for us to see. Thanks in advance for the effort.
I hope to have numbers sometime next week. Again, I am running APR with FVD 200 cats. No other mods, stock air filter. Are there any specifics 6speeders would like to see from the Dyno-parameters,fuel,temp, type of dyno etc. prior to dropping the car off. I will be glad to provide Autometrics with a list. It would be a let down to have everyone chime in with their opinion on what was not done , submitted or recorded in the Dyno test after the fact.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:49 AM
I hope to have numbers sometime next week. Again, I am running APR with FVD 200 cats. No other mods, stock air filter. Are there any specifics 6speeders would like to see from the Dyno-parameters,fuel,temp, type of dyno etc. prior to dropping the car off. I will be glad to provide Autometrics with a list. It would be a let down to have everyone chime in with their opinion on what was not done , submitted or recorded in the Dyno test after the fact.

Hi tclayj - Other than Skandalis's input we have zero experience from any one else on APR flashes, so anything would be +1.

Ideally we need to substantiate the APR torque band and high flat hp band that is claimed by APR, which would help to explain Skandalis's great results.

It would be great if you could get a torque/hp/rpm graph to compare with APR's dyno graph on their web site. Any 0-60 & 60-120 figures would also be good. - Thanks.

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_997turbo.html

Old 04-30-2010, 09:13 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Pretty bold claims on the APR website. If it's true though all I can say is TORQUE!!!!!!
I've wondered what the differences are between different tunes to get different results. Is it just a matter of turning up the boost psi to get more power?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
If the car is putting down 60-130 times of 6.4s, then he's got way more than 541 hp. Even with 100 octane, these numbers don't jive.
What stands out as being very odd is how is it this APR tune has 403kw's yet has managed to acheive massive torque of 865nms whilst the other tunes generating @ the same 400kw's are producing some 100nms less torque. Maybe the APR site made an typo error with the 865? and it should be 765 although even thats more than the others FVD, Soft etc.

So far as the numbers being quoted by skandalist im not qualified to comment however, i hear exactly what you are saying when higher hp cars cant produce those times so....somthin definately dont jive. I'd love to know the story tho.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:20 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
What stands out as being very odd is how is it this APR tune has 403kw's yet has managed to acheive massive torque of 865nms whilst the other tunes generating @ the same 400kw's are producing some 100nms less torque. Maybe the APR site made an typo error with the 865? and it should be 765 although even thats more than the others FVD, Soft etc.

So far as the numbers being quoted by skandalist im not qualified to comment however, i hear exactly what you are saying when higher hp cars cant produce those times so....somthin definately dont jive. I'd love to know the story tho.
Maybe they should test for steroids in the tank.

Last edited by TTdude; 05-01-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:30 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Anybody is my guest here to come and check my car for steroids in the tank...
During the next days i will try a mix of Torco race fuel with pump fuel...I will post results of it...

Old 05-04-2010, 09:45 AM
tclayj is infamous around these parts
Apr

skandalis, my stock clutch is having a very very hard, actually slipping on WOT acceleration, time holding the APR tune. What clutch set up do you have?

Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 AM
skandalis, my stock clutch is having a very very hard, actually slipping on WOT acceleration, time holding the APR tune. What clutch set up do you have?
He's got a Tip.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
TJ we have a sachs replacement that uses your stock dual mass flywheel. Its an upgraded pressure plate and disc that will engage like your stock one but will hold the extra torque. The kit is about $1500. If you drop it off on a Monday morning it will be ready Tuesday morning for pick up. If you want better clutch feel and a more consistant engagement point in your clutch pedal I would suggest the GT2 slave conversion as well. The only side effect is that it will require more effort from your leg to press the pedal down as it will be much stiffer but it will remove the hyrdraulic clutch assist guessing game of when to let it go and give it gas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 100-200 km/h times: Stock_vs_Modified