997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Paint Protection Film Gone Wrong - 997 Turbo Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Paint Protection Film Gone Wrong - 997 Turbo Cab

Still too often, we receive inquiries and because our pricing is higher than our competitors, the vehicles end up in the wrong hands. This comes down to the standards of the vehicles' owners. Some may not even notice any of these imperfections while others are sharp enough to pick it up in just 3-4 feet distance.
Case in point. We have a 2010 Turbo Cab with a bad clear bra install. Our team is working on it as we speak, so no installation photos, just shots of this "cheaper" install before we pull it all off.
WE ARE MOST CERTAIN THAT THERE ARE RAZOR CUTS IN THE PAINT. Unfortunate, but this is a very good reason to not base a decision in choosing a clear bra applicator based on price.

DEEP RAZOR CUT ON THIS MIRROR AND WE HAVE NOT EVEN PULLED THE FILM OFF - CUSTOMER IS EXPECTING THE WORST AT THIS POINT

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 04-20-2010, 10:18 AM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
Horrible workmanship, I know you must have a laundry list of bs shops. I for one will settle for nothing but the best the first time so thanks goes out to Sam and team at Premier for handling my rides.

Look forward to more pics.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
WOW! This makes me mad and it's not even my car... Holy cow I would be a basket case of rage and have tunnel vision for the shop that did it.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:23 PM
S.Hariri is infamous around these parts
This really shows the importance of good workmanship. we lose that when searching for a deal.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:26 PM
BarrettG is infamous around these parts
I just had my car done by Autoarmor Clear Protective Films in Columbia, MD. I have used other vendors with different products and his is hands down the BEST! I would post pics but honestly you can't see the film. I don't remember the exact product but it is a 3M product and it is the film that covers the entire hood, not just a third. Bottom line, if you live in the Baltimore, MD area, check this guy out, he does fantastic work!

Old 04-20-2010, 03:58 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
never seen one that looks good no mater who installed it. Over time the all degrade.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:11 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
Can't believe how sloppy some people are. Suppose you get what you pay for. Some people are just so price driven.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:11 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
really bad !
if it was my car i wont be able to post on this forum tonight cause this workman will be killed under my hands

Old 04-20-2010, 08:16 PM
turbonator is infamous around these parts
Best way to find a good installer is through referrals, or at the least ask to see examples of their work. There is a trade off between cost and quality, but keep in mind that paying more does not always mean getting better quality either.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:34 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Installers are not the issue. They scratch and fade over time anyway. Never seen a good one.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Not surprised, but there are razor cuts. For those questioning, this was a precut kit applied to this Turbo before we got our hands on it. Custom or precut, there is a risk of such damage if the applicator is lacking experience / skill.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
And here is our replacement of the film.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks everyone!!! And the car is completed. Here are very close up shots showing the difference:

THIS SHOT TAKEN JUST 2 INCHES AWAY

Old 04-23-2010, 11:27 PM
gtKnight is infamous around these parts
Those close up pics are great examples of why it's important to find a good installer. The before and after pics are night and day. Premier is the best IMO. I've had numerous cars done by them and all have been flawless. I just hope the owner of that car was able to get his money back if he had paid at all.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:46 AM
freeman is infamous around these parts
Those are terrible works. You need to have your car re wrapped by some real professionals.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paint Protection Film Gone Wrong - 997 Turbo Cab