997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tiptronic upgrade the movie :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 09:12 PM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
[the question is do i need it?<!-- google_ad_section_end --> ]

Since when does "need" have anything to do with owning a Porsche?

Old 05-06-2010, 02:42 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
So my indy done some research and found the above. You can fit it with the transmission in - that is the good news. It is on order now and we wait delivery.

I will ask the questions you posed and come back to you.

What I can say is that the ATF fluid temp after 30 minutes hard driving at 1.4 bar on k24/20s was within range. But I did no brake boosting and to be fair i don't plan to after spending 5k EUR on the upgrade and install.

Ken[/quote]

Ken,

any news for the oil cooler?

thx

Old 05-06-2010, 07:00 AM
996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by milou
So my indy done some research and found the above. You can fit it with the transmission in - that is the good news. It is on order now and we wait delivery.

I will ask the questions you posed and come back to you.

What I can say is that the ATF fluid temp after 30 minutes hard driving at 1.4 bar on k24/20s was within range. But I did no brake boosting and to be fair i don't plan to after spending 5k EUR on the upgrade and install.

Ken
Ken,

any news for the oil cooler?

thx[/QUOTE]

The oil cooler is on order. It will be fitted to car on 17th May

We have written to MKB for their advice (they recommended to fit one), telling them which one we are doing and asking them for anything we should watch out for.
We are also telling them so that they know it is fitted, and that it should not affect the warranty with the MKB upgrade.

As soon as I get some info back from MKB I will let you know.

Gearbox has been fine BTW - no issues todate so fingers crossed.

Last edited by 996ttalot; 05-06-2010 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Wrong month
Old 05-06-2010, 09:50 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I have discussed the oil cooler case with Panos at MKB yesterday. He adviced me to add a cooler a few weeks ago.

A good place to place it is in the intercooler area.

Panos said is not a good idea to bring it to the front because its a long distance and the pressure might be affected, also the oil sirculation might be affected.

Can you please post the part numbers you have ordered?

Have you ordered any lines?

where are you planning to place the cooler?

Old 05-06-2010, 12:42 PM
996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by milou
I have discussed the oil cooler case with Panos at MKB yesterday. He adviced me to add a cooler a few weeks ago.

A good place to place it is in the intercooler area.

Panos said is not a good idea to bring it to the front because its a long distance and the pressure might be affected, also the oil sirculation might be affected.

Can you please post the part numbers you have ordered?

Have you ordered any lines?

where are you planning to place the cooler?
Okay I have no chance to put it in the intercooler area - see thumbnail. I will check with the garage because I know they had a spot in mind. I also discussed the pressure situation with them as well, but they don't beleive that will be an issue (but will be talking with MKB). Clearly you have to add more oil than standard etc. The part number order was the one in my original post e.g. with the dimensions. I will update you once I know, but for the moment I don't have more information.

What I can tell you is that after running the car hard for 30 minutes the ATF was with 80% of the temperature it should be. So there seemed to be no issues anyway. However I can imagine if you are increasing the SET BOOST to increase the tq, then it may well increase the temperature and start to cause problems. As yet, I have not bothered with the SET BOOST option, just SET and GAIN on the EBC.

Have you got your gearbox installed yet, or are you waiting for it to be done/returned?

Like you, I don't want to fit something that might cause a problem when one does not exist. It is a bit frustrating that MKB do not provide either a cooler, or instructions/model number to use.

Attached Images  

Last edited by 996ttalot; 05-06-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Wow, i see you're running the 6" Proto I/Cs. I have the 4,5" but still no room in there.

The tiptronic was shipped Yesterday so i'll have it installed on Monday.

When i was speaking to Panos @ MKB, he said that the only reason they don't offer an oil cooler for the 997 tt is because they never had a car in their garace. They only get the tiptronics.
On the MB they don't use oil coolers because they don't need them, what causes the oil to heat on the 997 tt is the AWD.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:28 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
great news milou ...

Old 05-07-2010, 05:55 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
good luck !

Old 05-12-2010, 02:50 AM
:d:d:d:d:d

Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2010, 05:04 AM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
cool

Old 05-12-2010, 05:58 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
cooooooooooooooooooool

Old 05-19-2010, 02:57 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
any update ?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:34 AM
I have installed the tip on my car and couldn't be happier!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:40 AM
great news man

Old 05-25-2010, 11:57 AM
sayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura about
How long does the process take, and what was the cost for this? How much power can it hold? I was told by a company here in the US that it would hold around 800 to 900 whp, can you confirm that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tiptronic upgrade the movie :)