997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT w/ AWE 750R kit, GIAC, IPD, Methanol Injection, BBI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 12:24 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by QUIK 911
I can run the meth kit with GIAC race or pump file. I switch to race gas for optimal power.
I was thinking of installing one of these myself but at the Y-pipe conversion point. Lot cheaper than race fuel. I hear AEM is a good kit, what did you go with?

Old 04-25-2010, 12:29 AM
QUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
very nice , can u upload some pix of the meth kit u're running and more details about the meth kit pls ?
The meth kit is made by Alky Controls and it is a simple system that works. The heart of the kit is its pump which is rated to run 100% methanol unlike other systems out there. The pump is variable speed and it increases as boost increases. There is a control unit that has a volume ****, power light and a test button to purge the line. There is an indicator light mounted on my steering colume that goes red when the kit is activated and quickly turns to green as pressure increase over 50 psi to show everything is working properly. If you need more information, you can call Julio 813-265-1400.

Last edited by QUIK 911; 04-29-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:35 AM
QUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TTdude
I was thinking of installing one of these myself but at the Y-pipe conversion point. Lot cheaper than race fuel. I hear AEM is a good kit, what did you go with?
I do not know anything about the AEM kit.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:47 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
thnx bro ..

Old 04-25-2010, 07:51 AM
JoePcone is infamous around these parts
Your car is absolutely unreal.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:25 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Can't wait to see some pbox numbers!

Old 04-25-2010, 08:47 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Glad to see you finally got everything sorted out it really helps to have a team of professionals working on things like you had.We all new the IPD stuff worked but now Turbo Mike has some proof & with that one of a kind BBI exhaust note it will be Lambo's for breakfast & Ferrari's for lunch

Old 04-25-2010, 10:33 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
incredible Turbo you have there, that Y-pipe is beautiful.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:09 AM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Aweseome results, well done, GIAC and BBI are good stuff. I'd love to do some runs with you in my Supercharged E92 M3!

Old 04-25-2010, 05:43 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Randy, beautiful car and mods. Would love to hear the BBI exhaust!
Congrats (and thanks for you advice on GIAC -- long time ago).

Old 04-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by cannga
Randy, beautiful car and mods. Would love to hear the BBI exhaust!
Congrats (and thanks for you advice on GIAC -- long time ago).
Hey Can,

Thanks! You should come out and cruise with us when you get a chance. Next outing is May 8th to C&C. Bonehead is coming down from Vegas. I'll post details soon. Did you notice the stock dyno run I posted with the cargraphics exhaust was from your car?

Randy

Old 04-25-2010, 07:52 PM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
Can't wait to see and hear this bad boy one day. I hear great things about your car
Congrats on everything and great mods...bbi exhaust, IPD plenum etc. I'm actually thinking about doing methanol too!!

Old 04-25-2010, 09:18 PM
centexm3 is infamous around these parts
sorry if i missed this -- but what wing and front spoiler is that - looks great

Old 04-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by centexm3
sorry if i missed this -- but what wing and front spoiler is that - looks great
The wing is factory aero kit and the front lip is the werks carbon fiber painted body color.

Originally Posted by 911GT700
Can't wait to see and hear this bad boy one day. I hear great things about your car
Congrats on everything and great mods...bbi exhaust, IPD plenum etc. I'm actually thinking about doing methanol too!!
BBI and IPD make great quality products. I was thinking about the meth injection for a while but after talking to Turbo Mike and seeing his car perform, I was SOLD!

Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Aweseome results, well done, GIAC and BBI are good stuff. I'd love to do some runs with you in my Supercharged E92 M3!
GIAC and BBI are great Companies to work with. Come out with us on our next run to C&C, it will be fun.

Originally Posted by nyamg
incredible Turbo you have there, that Y-pipe is beautiful.
It really is a beautiful piece and now the dyno sheets show proof that it works. My butt dyno definitely felt it work when I first put it on. Great product for the money.

Originally Posted by twturbo
Glad to see you finally got everything sorted out it really helps to have a team of professionals working on things like you had.We all new the IPD stuff worked but now Turbo Mike has some proof & with that one of a kind BBI exhaust note it will be Lambo's for breakfast & Ferrari's for lunch
Need to go hunting for some.

Originally Posted by bbywu
Can't wait to see some pbox numbers!
I will post numbers as soon as I can.

Originally Posted by JoePcone
Your car is absolutely unreal.
Thanks

Old 04-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Beautiful Car!! Congrats!!
Thanks Mike, keep up the great work other there.

Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
You have a real solid ride there. I love the look.
Thanks, yours looks good too

Originally Posted by bonehead
Great post, Randy. Can't wait to see this monster next month. Got a pic of the setup in the frunk?
Trying to plan the run for your visit. Try to set aside the entire morning, should be a blast. The trunk looks stock, I used the windshield wiper tank to hold the meth.

Originally Posted by yllwturbo
your car is just plain beautiful, shes a beast as well. i cant beleive how fast that thing is bro. congrats
Thanks Richie, hope to run against your beast soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT w/ AWE 750R kit, GIAC, IPD, Methanol Injection, BBI