997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Congratulations to F1CrazyDriver: 6speed v NAGTROC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 02:24 AM
freeman is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Nice driving ! I am not surprised for the result.

The guy with the 996tt is a much better driver.

He would have won against my lightly moded 997 turbo in the same contest simply because he is a excellent driver,and the performance gap is not that big either. The one that can extract the most performance of his car would won. Although GTR suppose to be much easier to handle at the limit,but the driver still need to know how to drive properly to be really competitive.

Nevertheless, it is still a great wake up call for SOME GTR owners. They need to realize that the mighty GTR can be easily beaten by a 996tt with some basic mods and good driver. As a matter of fact, I have seen plenty of GTRs on track,and their owners always thought they are the fastest until someone like F1CrazyDriver with a old 996 GT3 or 996tt taught them a lesson. Some simple mods combined with years of experience could make a huge differences.

GTR is a excellent performance car for the money,but it is way overrated .

Some (not all ) GTR owners need to be more realistic and get to know their cars better. They also need to know other cars better,so they don't get over confident.

High expection leads to big disappointment.

Last edited by freeman; 04-30-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:05 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by getz
Dear Mr. Bruce aka "Shinkazo"
After formally evaluating the footage, it is with other sincere regret that we must now invalidate your factory warranty. Thank you for your continued patronage of Nissan.
Sincerely,
Nissan North America, Inc.
If you only knew more..., before spewing garbage.

Please keep the nonsense to yourself.

Entertaining, I guess, to those just as ignorant.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:17 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Jasper....... please.

I T

W A S

A

J O K E!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:52 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
If you only knew more..., before spewing garbage.

Please keep the nonsense to yourself.

Entertaining, I guess, to those just as ignorant.
Wow, must have touched a nerve there. What, did Nissan cancel your warranty?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:28 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
No.

Not after over 50 launches, multiple track events, Cobb AP tune, and exhaust mods.

Nissan GT-R HQ was aware of EVERYTHING I did, and even downloaded info from my black box, and I have no problems with warranty (as of last month).

I thought we were past the silly warranty jokes.

Is it still funny to Porsche owners who hit the 'money' shift?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:51 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
No.

Not after over 50 launches, multiple track events, Cobb AP tune, and exhaust mods.

Nissan GT-R HQ was aware of EVERYTHING I did, and even downloaded info from my black box, and I have no problems with warranty (as of last month).
Hey, I hope it stays that way.

I thought we were past the silly warranty jokes.
It wasn't so silly when Nissan initially said they wouldn't honor a warranty if using launch control resulted in damage was it?

Is it still funny to Porsche owners who hit the 'money' shift?
I'm not sure what the 'money shift' is unless you are referring to a 5-2 shift from high rpms.

Not to belabor the point, it was after all meant as humor and it surprised me that you were so sensitive about it.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
It wasn't so silly when Nissan initially said they wouldn't honor a warranty if using launch control resulted in damage was it?
That hasn't been said for over a year now. Issue was resolved quite sometime ago.

I'm not sure what the 'money shift' is unless you are referring to a 5-2 shift from high rpms.

Not to belabor the point, it was after all meant as humor and it surprised me that you were so sensitive about it.
[/quote]
I'm not sensitive about it... I just refuse to perpetuate ignorance. I don't want somebody reading this and thinking that somebody cannot track a GT-R without loss of warranty, like it can't do ANYTHING.

I'm just telling those who are uninformed, that isn't the case. MOST humor, carries at least an ounce of truth. There was absolutely NONE in this case.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:20 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by freeman
Nevertheless, it is still a great wake up call for SOME GTR owners. They need to realize that the mighty GTR can be easily beaten by a 996tt with some basic mods and good driver. As a matter of fact, I have seen plenty of GTRs on track,and their owners always thought they are the fastest until someone like F1CrazyDriver with a old 996 GT3 or 996tt taught them a lesson. Some simple mods combined with years of experience could make a huge differences.

GTR is a excellent performance car for the money,but it is way overrated .

Some (not all ) GTR owners need to be more realistic and get to know their cars better. They also need to know other cars better,so they don't get over confident.

High expection leads to big disappointment.
Case in point... My Girlfriend at her third trackday ever and her very first time in the Intermediate group... There were a couple of GTR's that just wouldn't point her by, even though she was WAY faster than them.. This group is a MANDATORY point-by (in other words, if a faster Car comes up from behind you, you MUST point them by).. Eventually after her hounding this guy for every session and for multiple laps, he nearly binned it through turn 6 and then eventually and grudgingly pointed her by on the front straight..

For those of you who WILL BE offended by the comments about him being her "mortal enemy", the comment was about the guy being too obstinate to point her by and IS NOT a blanket condemnation of ALL GTR owners... so.. get a sense of humor, OK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu3PZYZX6TQ

Old 04-30-2010, 12:23 PM
I think I've seen that video already. Wasn't this dicussed in length earlier?

Good driving. I enjoyed it. However, that GT-R driver appeared to not display courtesy or track awareness. We've all been 'stuck' behind somebody for a lap or two. It's frustrating, for sure. Just because they own a GT-R, doesn't mean they know how to actually PLAY with a Playstation controller.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:26 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
bbywu started this thread for forum members to join in congratulating a fellow member for his victory in a challenge while representing 6speed.
This victory happened to be against a GT-R, but could have been against any other vehicle, and this thread would have still probably been open.
Why are you all detracting from the victor's moment by turning this thread into yet another mine is bigger than yours Porsche-GTR thread?
It's rather becoming old news.
Both cars are great in their own way. In the end, to each his own.
Let's be done with this futile issue that's been hashed and re-hashed to death!

Old 04-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
...and this thread would have still probably been open.
I believe it still IS open.

Congratulations for what? Being a better driver in a car with R-comps than a heavier car that wasn't, on a small auto-x setup?

I guess I failed to see the accomplishment. Someone please help me see where I'm going wrong here.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:39 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

I think I've seen that video already. Wasn't this dicussed in length earlier?

Good driving. I enjoyed it. However, that GT-R driver appeared to not display courtesy or track awareness. We've all been 'stuck' behind somebody for a lap or two. It's frustrating, for sure. Just because they own a GT-R, doesn't mean they know how to actually PLAY with a Playstation controller.
Jasper.. you're a good guy.... I think you're like me... I like Cars period.. no specific affiliation, just like fast, good Cars.... And Motorcycles.

It's very useful to have someone around that has a Porsche AND a GTR.. Brings a bit of balance to the conversation..

Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
I believe it still IS open.
What I meant was, the OP would have probably started this thread to congratulate a fellow member because he was representing 6speed, regardless of the make of the car he was competing against.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by 80shilling
Jasper.. you're a good guy.... I think you're like me... I like Cars period.. no specific affiliation, just like fast, good Cars.... And Motorcycles.

It's very useful to have someone around that has a Porsche AND a GTR.. Brings a bit of balance to the conversation..
And I like your instruction (if I recall, that was you instructing the driver). I enjoy videos with that kind of enthusiasm.
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
What I meant was, the OP would have probably started this thread to congratulate a fellow member because he was representing 6speed, regardless of the make of the car he was competing against.
Ahhh, noted. Point taken.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:48 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Thank you guys ! The GTR is scratch out of my list of cars to beat. Yes it's a fast car but i was felt it was over hyped- it's still a good car. Next on the list is this guy that goes by 80Shilling and drives a 996 gt2 like a mad man !!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Congratulations to F1CrazyDriver: 6speed v NAGTROC