997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Congratulations to F1CrazyDriver: 6speed v NAGTROC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:49 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
And I like your instruction (if I recall, that was you instructing the driver). I enjoy videos with that kind of enthusiasm.
Yeah.. I have picked up quite a few new students because of that video... Who knew?

Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Thank you guys ! The GTR is scratch out of my list of cars to beat. Yes it's a fast car but i was felt it was over hyped- it's still a good car. Next on the list is this guy that goes by 80Shilling and drives a 996 gt2 like a mad man !!!!!
It would be fun if we could get a bunch of 996/997 TT/GT3/GT2 drivers together at Laguna and invite the local GTR guys as well... I think we might end up liking each other if we all met and had a good day at the track swapping stories and passing each other...

Is there a local Northern CA GTR owners group that has members that track their Cars?

Cheers Enrique.. Glad you are getting Kudos for your driving...

Old 04-30-2010, 01:12 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 80shilling
It would be fun if we could get a bunch of 996/997 TT/GT3/GT2 drivers together at Laguna and invite the local GTR guys as well... I think we might end up liking each other if we all met and had a good day at the track swapping stories and passing each other...

Is there a local Northern CA GTR owners group that has members that track their Cars?

It would, but it would have to be done before you get your power upgrade because when you do, we probably will never see you you would just dissapear in the distance.

I'm thinking of signing up for this event.
http://www.spectre341challenge.com/sign-up/

Just like our drives, but with closed roads and the cops gving us the okay, it should be a blast. I'm thinking of inviting the gf or my brother. You should def consider it Graham, I think with our insane driving we will do okay.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:19 PM
It would, but it would have to be done before you get your power upgrade because when you do, we probably will never see you you would just dissapear in the distance.

Just like our drives, but with closed roads and the cops gving us the okay, it should be a blast. I'm thinking of inviting the gf or my brother. You should def consider it Graham, I think with our insane driving we will do okay.
That would definitely be a blast... Turbos will be a MUST, as it's at quite a high altitude..

I don't think I can do it until I get a full cage in my Car... A couple of people have died in the Virginia City Hillclimb.. went off track and over the cliff... Bad deal.. One of my best friends was there and saw the crash first hand..

Intriguing event though...

Old 04-30-2010, 08:31 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Thank you guys ! The GTR is scratch out of my list of cars to beat. Yes it's a fast car but i was felt it was over hyped- it's still a good car. Next on the list is this guy that goes by 80Shilling and drives a 996 gt2 like a mad man !!!!!
lol! You're coming off quite ****y with this...

I actually 'scratched off' the 996tt from the list of cars to beat as well (last year)...

Perhaps the 911tt was overhyped, but still a good overpriced car. See how east this is?

I can then justify by saying it's my opinion, which is expected to shield myself from the hatred headed towards me. We'll see if that works.

* edit: I can't type ****y? WTF kind of censorship is this? Ok, then, how about arrogant?

Last edited by jaspergtr; 04-30-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:53 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Jasper, when are you ever going to realize that you can't control an opposing forums opinions. I swear you won't let one post go by without trying to rectify something. All your attempts, and you haven't even swayed the flow of GT-R opinions one bit.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:28 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ I disagree.

I think you really like the GT-R (I think you are secretly trying to find a used one).

Old 05-01-2010, 08:11 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
I really like the GTR. I just happened to like the 997 Turbo a bit more, hence my purchase. Great car for the bucks. Something about the Porsche mystique that keeps drawing me back to it though.
-Getz

Old 05-01-2010, 08:32 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 80shilling

I would be down down something like this

Old 05-01-2010, 11:15 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !

Dude that race is pretty dicey!

Old 05-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
^ I disagree.

I think you really like the GT-R (I think you are secretly trying to find a used one).

I have 0 desire to own a GT-R. It is everything opposite of what I want from my motorsport experience. There is a list of performance cars 15-20 long that I would buy before a GT-R.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:06 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I think the GTR had a loose nut behind the steering wheel, congrats on the win and the superior driving talent! And no , there isn't a car that is unbeatable Walter Rohrl could take a base Boxster and beat even damn good drivers in a GTR...

Old 05-02-2010, 12:46 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I think the GTR had a loose nut behind the steering wheel, congrats on the win and the superior driving talent! And no , there isn't a car that is unbeatable Walter Rohrl could take a base Boxster and beat even damn good drivers in a GTR...

Let's not get too carried away now.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:40 AM
cmachado is infamous around these parts
Felicitaciones Enrique

Old 05-02-2010, 06:35 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Let's not get too carried away now.
10 years of tracking now and I have to agree with germeezy. I see wimpy cars with good drivers kill great cars with wimpy drivers at the track all the time. It sounds cliche but I have personally lapped Godzilla enough times at TWS in my lowly 944 turbo to give Carlos Ghosn angina.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Congratulations to F1CrazyDriver: 6speed v NAGTROC