997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Congratulations to F1CrazyDriver: 6speed v NAGTROC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 07:48 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I have 0 desire to own a GT-R. It is everything opposite of what I want from my motorsport experience. There is a list of performance cars 15-20 long that I would buy before a GT-R.
SEE??? I told you... It is 21 on your list of cars (behind the first 15-20).

I think you're just looking for a daily driver... Let me know if I can help.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:57 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
SEE??? I told you... It is 21 on your list of cars (behind the first 15-20).

I think you're just looking for a daily driver... Let me know if I can help.

The problem with that is that I'll never make it past the first 5.

Not only that, I already have what I need to dispatch of GT-R's regularly, even ones with equal to somewhat more mods.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:43 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
The problem with that is that I'll never make it past the first 5.

Not only that, I already have what I need to dispatch of GT-R's regularly, even ones with equal to somewhat more mods.
And I have what I need to dispatch of 911's regularly, even ones with equal to somewhat more mods.

See how easy this is?

Both statements are probably factual. And it makes little difference which car precedes the other.

One appeals to some more than the other. That's all. The performance is so equal, that it will almost always come down to the driver.

But if you need help researching the GT-R for your personal interests, let me know if I can help.

(I'm beginning to think you're a closet GT-R fanboy)

Old 05-02-2010, 09:55 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
One appeals to some more than the other.
They both appealed to me so much (in addition to the ZR1) that I had great difficulty choosing between them!
Love the three cars.
I had the opportunity to drive them almost back to back.
Shortlisted the 911TT and the GTR
Their characters are very different from one another. Both very very special in their own way.
Finally, for me, I succumbed to the P car for no particular logic except I had a long term longing for it and knew that, had I not bought it, I would regret it only on a childhood nostalgic emotional level. Nothing else.

I get the rivalry, but must give credit where credit is due

Old 05-02-2010, 09:56 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
And I have what I need to dispatch of 911's regularly, even ones with equal to somewhat more mods.

See how easy this is?

Both statements are probably factual. And it makes little difference which car precedes the other.

One appeals to some more than the other. That's all. The performance is so equal, that it will almost always come down to the driver.

But if you need help researching the GT-R for your personal interests, let me know if I can help.

(I'm beginning to think you're a closet GT-R fanboy)
There are about 10 generations of 911, and within those generations 2 or more variants of 911, and various editions of the variants. So in reality you are talking about 50 different cars that are 911's. I sure hope you can beat some of them.

And I'm not talking about run of the mill drivers either, I'm talking about real deal drivers, not just your average DE guy.......

You can think what you want, you're entitled to it, but I'm pretty sure you know better.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:02 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
10 years of tracking now and I have to agree with germeezy. I see wimpy cars with good drivers kill great cars with wimpy drivers at the track all the time. It sounds cliche but I have personally lapped Godzilla enough times at TWS in my lowly 944 turbo to give Carlos Ghosn angina.
I just laughed out loud, those that don't believe me should take their big power car to a technical handling track against one of the hot shoes running a Spec Miata you may be surprised out the outcome!

Old 05-02-2010, 03:13 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I am starting to really like the GTR and living in the Pacific NW it would solve my wifes endless carping about me needing a back seat and her utter fear of my Corvette. Its a car that I could drive at 7/10th even the 345 days a year it rains here!

That being said the thing that I like about the GTR, is also the thing that I hate about it....its too competent and when you learn to live with certain idiosyncrasies that a modified car like mine has other cars just seem boring. I can't go WOT in my car going around a wet 90 degree corner without picking road signs and fiberglass out of my teeth. The rolling burnouts with the car travelling slightly askew from straight for long periods of time. Maybe that makes me crazy but it makes cars like the GT3 RS and the Z06 that much more appealing to me.

I want my car just this side of crazy, and as insane as I already take my car the GTR would end up killing me or boring me to tears because I get a rush learning that edge of control and driving closer and closer to that edge. And it isn't neccesarily the speed either, my E36 325i also provides the same kind of rush when its being driven within an inch of its life.

Its unfortunate because I have never had the opportunity to drive the GTR over its edge of competence and explore the amazingly exploitable handling I am sure it has underneath its layer of competence. I value lightweight and RWD and that feeling that the car will kill me if I don't respect it, and thats why I own a Corvette thats modified the way it is!

Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
well it's no longer Nagtroc vs 6spd. It is Nissan NA vs Jalopnik vs Corner-Carvers

http://jalopnik.com/5528232/nissan-e...n-online-forum

brief summary - I posted the runoff challenge on Corner-Carvers, a Nissan "Exec" gets on Corner-Cavers and tries to deliver a smack-down and instead goes full-retard and gets a full-facial from the forum. Nissan finds out and puts him in the penalty box.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:47 AM
euro_king is infamous around these parts
6speed all the wayy

Old 05-04-2010, 06:27 AM
"Exec"? or Assistant (aka office runner)?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Omg......

Old 05-04-2010, 04:02 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
I posted the runoff challenge on Corner-Carvers, a Nissan "Exec" gets on Corner-Cavers and tries to deliver a smack-down and instead goes full-retard and gets a full-facial from the forum. Nissan finds out and puts him in the penalty box.
It's probably 'former' exec by now.

Last edited by ruf_turbo; 05-04-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:34 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Very cool! Looked like a lot of fun guys!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Omg......
I'm not sure if this is in reference to my comment, but just because it's below mine, I'll assume that it is and explain my response a little more...

He offered that he was an Executive Assistant. Sounds like a PC term for secretary or office manager. Was he trying to glorify himself?

I feel that if he WAS an exec, he would not have handled himself in such a stupid manner.