997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GMG springs and sways installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 02:01 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
My apologies. Without knowing your intentions, I read that sentence as a referral and thought you were unaware of the FL situation.

Again, I am absolutely certain that they had great people there.

In either case, one good thing came out of these posts, we now know were those great people are
its all in the details

Old 10-16-2011, 08:43 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm wondering if the long-term opinion is still as favourable as the initial happy impressions of the GMG springs and sways?

How many hours labour should I expect to pay for the installation of the sways? Stupid question: there are already front and rear sway bars on the car, right? Presumably the GMG ones are just different size.

thanks

Old 10-17-2011, 03:41 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
i think the springs/sways are great...mine was 13h labor including the alignment from a porsche only independent shop w/ racing experience

Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Does anyone know if the GMG sways would match up well with TechArt springs?

Old 10-17-2011, 09:52 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I presume the 13hrs was for installation of the springs and the sways (and alignment). Thanks for the info, these are what I'm going to buy. That floaty feeling at high speed on the track this year must go! Plus, the slight lowering will make it look better with my wheel spacers on. Did you buy any other parts such as dogbones etc...? I'm hoping that the springs and sways are all I need, mainly a dd with occasional ventures onto the track.