997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

opinions: lowering springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:28 PM
GTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura about
opinions: lowering springs

Well I've been spending too much money on my fish tank ... so I've decided to get a set of lowering springs and swaybars for my 997.2 turbo. I've decided not to get coilovers because I would like to retain PSM and I'm not going Bilstein.

Who has the best? GMG?

Please give me your feedback.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:41 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
GMG no doubt. I had em, went with coilovers, now going back.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:32 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
+2 on the GMG, couldn't be happier.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:57 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
I was just about to creat same thread ! definately subscribing

Old 05-07-2010, 11:03 AM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
Tpc ....

Old 05-07-2010, 11:09 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTsilver2010
Well I've been spending too much money on my fish tank ... so I've decided to get a set of lowering springs and swaybars for my 997.2 turbo. I've decided not to get coilovers because I would like to retain PSM and I'm not going Bilstein.

Who has the best? GMG?

Please give me your feedback.
This is what we did for a local customer last week:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/437-post2.html

Old 05-07-2010, 12:24 PM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sharkster
This is what we did for a local customer last week:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/437-post2.html
Yup, if you're in SoCal, I'd go to SW.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
We've installed quite a few sets of Champion lowering springs on the 997 Turbo and have been really happy with the results.

The ride is very compliant, you retain the use of factory PASM, and of course the ride height is just perfect. If you need any pricing info, feel free to let me know. They're priced very competitively.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:25 AM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
I finally got around to putting on the Champion springs. Definitely improves the feel. I also put 15mm spacers on the rear but haven't decided if i want/need to put 7mm on the front.

Attached Images   
Old 09-04-2010, 08:10 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
i went w/ gmg springs and sways...different car...certainly a great set up...i posted a similar thread after mine were installed because i was so happy with them

Old 09-04-2010, 11:11 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
I put on champion springs as well and love it! At first, I thought it was going to be horrible because it was very bouncy...Now that the car has settled and had an alignment, I can't be happier for the price I paid! The car's stance is perfect! I need to add sway bars...I've been eyeing the RSS ones...

Old 09-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 is infamous around these parts
Champion and RSS spacers. The ride is very close to stock. And ride height looks perfect. I never use the pasm but it does ride better with the pasm on now then before with OE springs

Old 09-05-2010, 06:44 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
is there a company that makes a linear lowering springs-not progressive ?

Old 09-05-2010, 09:03 PM
madru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant future
will putting aftermarket springs on a stock strut wear it out quicker? just curious because i know of struts going bad from being lowerd on just springs on other cars....

is this a concern for the 997tt?

Old 09-06-2010, 06:27 AM
TD997TT is infamous around these parts
GMG springs & sways & alignment -- have had good luck with this set up. The car handles a lot better this way and is OK for track, still fairly soft though

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: opinions: lowering springs