997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dealership says the front tire N rating must match rear tire N Rating?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:26 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Well it's a hard decision to take, and every opinion must be carefully examined and considered!

We all know the dire dire consequences of mismatched tires...

At best, if you don't get the issue properly squared away:

And potentially, if you really let fly with your choices, you really let fly:

Choose carefully!
Too funny... Keep 'em coming.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:21 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Now THATS funny. Lets just hope we dont see that choice ever taken. Square wheels are a bit tacky on a 997tt....but hey they may be cheaper to replace than the round ones. and wear a bit better too.
I hear you, I hear you...

But you forgot some very important additional benefits:

1- Flat tires come as standard and won't be a bother,
2- Flat spots? What flat spots?
3- It gives a new meaning to run flat tires... and... (drumroll please)...
4- When you go drag racing, you really go drag racing:

Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Too funny... Keep 'em coming.
Hey! Don't blame me, he ^^^^^^^ asked for it!

(Apologies to the OP for the comedic intermissions)

Last edited by k_ddsl; 05-11-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
I hear you, I hear you...

But you forgot some very important additional benefits:

1- Flat tires come as standard and won't be a bother,
2- Flat spots? What flat spots?
3- It gives a new meaning to run flat tires... and... (drumroll please)...
4- When you go drag racing, you really go drag racing:

Hey! Don't blame me, he ^^^^^^^ asked for it!

(Apologies to the OP for the comedic intermissions)
Love it totally....and the more the better.

And each tire has has 4 life cycles....just turn it on to the next flat spot. Perfect for the budget oriented sports car owner.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:55 AM
HaroldCGT is infamous around these parts
A lot more goes into the N-rating than people give it credit for.

I would rather have peace of mind on my Carrera GT or GT2 or GT3-RS.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:59 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HaroldCGT

Thats the point we're trying to get across here....but no one seems interested .

Old 05-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Well, to each their own. Many of the rookie Porsche owners tend to be spendthrift, in my experience anyway.

I met a guy the other day who had just bought an 08 Turbo Cab and he was complaining that an ECU mod cost $3500 and that he didn't want to spend more than $3k on an exhaust.

Remember, as the modern cars depreciate, they seem to be going into the hands of people who are much more cost conscious and less about doing things "the right way."

Then, either as a result of age or increased income or a combination of both, once they get to their third or fourth Porsche, they see the value of spending a bit more to get peace of mind. Putting Korean tires on a 911 is truly a travesty.

Last edited by HaroldCGT; 05-11-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:19 AM
Banned
Well, to each their own. Many of the rookie Porsche owners tend to be spendthrift, in my experience anyway.

Putting Korean tires on a 911 is truly a travesty.
The very thought to even think of doing such a thing least of all to own up doing it.... it's enough to bring tears to ones eyes.
May the good lord forgive .

Old 05-11-2010, 04:24 AM
The very thought to even think of doing such a thing least of all to own up doing it.... it's enough to bring tears to ones eyes.
May the good lord forgive .
So true, so true... at least he confessed, which may lead to forgiveness and redemption

Old 05-11-2010, 04:43 AM
Banned
So true, so true... at least he confessed, which may lead to forgiveness and redemption
Yes, unfortunately there would surely be others guilty of equally serious offenses against the P brand. Lets say may the good lord sentence him to 20 hot laps around the nurburgring in a field full of Daiwoo Lanos's as punishment for this serious P car crime. The prize being survival. .

Old 05-11-2010, 04:48 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Lets say may the good lord sentence him to 20 hot laps around the nurburgring in a field full of Daiwoo Lanos's
In a pimped up Yugo

Old 05-11-2010, 04:52 AM
Banned
In a pimped up Yugo

Thats too funny....im outa here before i get in serious trouble .

Old 05-11-2010, 08:07 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !

Harold, we aren't suggesting NOT using N-rated tires, just that it may not be so almighty important that you have to throw away 2 perfectly good N-rated tires because they aren't the same N-rating as the other 2.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Putting Korean tires on a 911 is truly a travesty.
Not if they're N-rated.

I don't know of any, but just saying...

Old 05-12-2010, 04:02 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Harold, we aren't suggesting NOT using N-rated tires, just that it may not be so almighty important that you have to throw away 2 perfectly good N-rated tires because they aren't the same N-rating as the other 2.
Exactly. While I would not use non N rated tires and I would not mix N ratings on the same axle, I would have no qualms about not having the same ratings on the front as on the rear.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:13 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
This is what happened to the last guy that didn't use N-rated tires:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ELjyTZaSs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealership says the front tire N rating must match rear tire N Rating?