997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

About how much should I pay for this TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 12:50 AM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
yeah in this economic climate you should be able to pull some nice deals, especially if you find someone who "needs" to get out of their car! I'm loving the 997's coming down in price..........just like the 996's a few years ago!

The real deals happened when the dow hit 6k. Unfortunately CPOs in all luxury ranges are becoming a very popular option, and prices have solidifed if not increased. I wished I had bought mine during the economic melt down.
-Getz

Old 05-13-2010, 03:14 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Love that color combo!!

Old 05-13-2010, 05:47 PM
lexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by getz
So ten grand more for a car with 30,000+ fewer miles seems like a steal.
-Getz
Agreed. The market is full of TTs with under 10K miles. One can certainly find low miles car in the low to mid 80s, depending on the options. Just mater of patience and persistency . . .

Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Siglo Man is infamous around these partsSiglo Man is infamous around these parts
Nice TT Lexart

Originally Posted by lexart
Agreed. The market is full of TTs with under 10K miles. One can certainly find low miles car in the low to mid 80s, depending on the options. Just mater of patience and persistency . . .

Old 05-13-2010, 10:21 PM
lexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Siglo Man
Nice TT Lexart
Yeap, I just need Cargraphics exhaust and GIAC tune and we'll have matching TT twins

Old 05-14-2010, 05:29 PM
bijan is infamous around these partsbijan is infamous around these parts
Cool

Originally Posted by Fantasma
http://www.theautogallery.com/used/P...43f833cb97.htm

What do you guys think? I was thinking I should be looking in the 70's but I think dealer will only do high 80's.
Dude, with low miles and the option list high 8 is very reasonable- if you can live with the interior color. Not my cup of tea but to each his own.
Good luck!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:42 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Believe it or not, terracotta was actually a fairly popular interior option across the 911 line in 2007. I don't mind it so much as those hideous wheels.
You ain't touching that car for anything less than 83k.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:50 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
Originally Posted by Fantasma
http://www.theautogallery.com/used/P...43f833cb97.htm

What do you guys think? I was thinking I should be looking in the 70's but I think dealer will only do high 80's.
Good luck with that... if you got it in the mid 80's I think you would be doing well!!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:53 AM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I get nervous when I see any car with just a hair below 10K miles . It means the used car sales guys are very smart . It also means they want top dollar.

85K as a starting offer . Get the car inspected . I usually would walk froma car with 9+ but less than 10K miles . It sounds like someone picked that time to unload it at the most value before its too late . as soon as it hits 10K miles .. it takes a huge depreciation hit.
Huh? You sound a bit paranoid. And anyone paying a premium for a car with 8K vs. 10K on the clock doesn't understand the market. Advertised or asking prices are just that and typically have little baring on actual selling prices.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PCH
Huh? Advertised or asking prices are just that and typically have little baring on actual selling prices.
It would be nice if we could follow the final aquiring prices from the initial asking prices.

I always wonder what "that" car finally went for. We always hear about the killer deal but seldom of the only 2k off (my case) thus interesting what the market will bear when asking prices get a little crazy.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Siglo Man is infamous around these partsSiglo Man is infamous around these parts
Correction.... "their" asking price lol

Originally Posted by Frissen
It would be nice if we could follow the final aquiring prices from the initial asking prices.

I always wonder what "that" car finally went for. We always hear about the killer deal but seldom of the only 2k off (my case) thus interesting what the market will bear when asking prices get a little crazy.

My asking was 88.5 and got for 81.

Last edited by Siglo Man; 05-19-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:16 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
You offered $88k and they turned around and said no, you can have it for $81K?

Originally Posted by Siglo Man
My asking was 88.5 and got for 81.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:48 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TestJet
You offered $88k and they turned around and said no, you can have it for $81K?
lol. Salesman sounds like a re-tard.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:12 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
$81k with PCCBs ? Holly $#%@!!!!

Old 05-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
$81k with PCCBs ? Holly $#%@!!!!
Yea, that's what my tech said when I brought the car in for mods. I got lucky (plus patience and tons of daily searching through everyone I know) and found someone who had to off it due to a DUI and didn't want the "hassle" of the routine of people coming to look ect. I basically just paid off what he owed on it. I'm a happy camper.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: About how much should I pay for this TT?