997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PROTO GT3076: installation with pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 07:32 AM
mickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to behold
yamultawa and abdullah... nice work on the install.. taking the engine out looks like it helps things move along faster... I did the whole proto upgrade package with the engine still in... took a lil time but should be done this week!

Old 05-22-2010, 06:27 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
yamultawa and abdullah... nice work on the install.. taking the engine out looks like it helps things move along faster... I did the whole proto upgrade package with the engine still in... took a lil time but should be done this week!<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --> <!-- controls -->
any updates ?

Old 05-24-2010, 02:36 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
any updates ?
injectors were delivered 2 days ago.

Last edited by cayenne_ksa; 05-25-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:31 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
thanks for sharing guys. i want to see a before and after dyno. in the 996tt world we would have gone to a more free flowing exhaust right away ---- what exhaust is that? ruf, europipe, oem? karim

Old 05-24-2010, 04:07 AM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Keep the updates coming trying to finish my same turbos install ....

Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
thanks for sharing guys. i want to see a before and after dyno. in the 996tt world we would have gone to a more free flowing exhaust right away ---- what exhaust is that? ruf, europipe, oem? karim<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> _
previous one was Ruf now car will be running str8 pipes

Old 05-24-2010, 10:11 AM
mickym0u53<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <----------- what about u bro how's things going with u ?

Old 05-24-2010, 10:13 AM
crossing my fingers to have my car on my birthday 26th/may !
i wont mind the car to come on 27th cause i'll still be partying
maybe 28th if im still standing clutch will be an issue on 28th hehehe j.k

Old 05-24-2010, 11:51 AM
mickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to behold
yalmutawa - trying to fit the fender liners on since i have the fender intake system, wire up boost controller and flash ecu... then its time to roll... haha im getting pretty excited..

Old 05-24-2010, 07:23 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
crossing my fingers to have my car on my birthday 26th/may !
i wont mind the car to come on 27th cause i'll still be partying
maybe 28th if im still standing clutch will be an issue on 28th hehehe j.k
Hey, Happy Birthday my brother. Make sure you're completely over the partying before taking the monster out for a walk.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:04 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
this is for different car but should be helpful for other people who are installing same kit. We had little issue trying to understand how to fit the single mass LWFW since there is about 4.5MM difference in hight when compared to factory as shown below

but here is what we find out

You can clearly see that although the pressure plate height is
different, the throw out bearings raised ears make up for it exactly so that
the throw out fork is at the stock angularity when installed.
again big thanks for Todd for all the support

Old 05-25-2010, 09:16 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice work.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:28 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
that car will be a beast, nice work

Old 05-25-2010, 03:04 PM
ukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to behold
What brand was the LWFW and clutch?

Did todd supply that as well?

Good luck with the build, Hope it turns out to be a monster

Old 05-30-2010, 12:39 PM
just little updates. factory oil lines need to be bend a little bit to fit the new turbo's.Will be doing this tomorrow. if anyone can help with a good way to do such thing, would be highly appreciate it

abdullah

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PROTO GT3076: installation with pictures