997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PROTO GT3076: installation with pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 06:29 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
hope so thanx bro

Old 06-17-2010, 10:41 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
plenum and throttle body will stay same as of now unless Yousef wants to change them. The clutch set-up will stay same as the one that came from RUF but I don't know who makes it.

car or engine ? I'll take more pix of the car once it's ready
she looks hot, especially the ruf wing, ids that carbon fibre? where did you get the wing from

Old 06-18-2010, 12:32 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ysfg35
umm well i do not know walla ,, a friend of him told me that .. bs the GT2 will be faster lighter weight ,, ger 3ade ... y3ne better than me

wla mra en6af mashala bl GT2 lel7en !!! so that am telling you ,, you will happy am sure with the kit
I think the turbo can keep up easly and still he can get the advantage of the 4 wheel drive if he start from zero km

Old 06-18-2010, 01:11 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
I think the turbo can keep up easly and still he can get the advantage of the 4 wheel drive if he start from zero km
since the manual 997tt has very short 1st gear ratio, it's hard to launch it properly from a dig. Compared to the tip. Therefor, racing from zero is not an option with this amount of power!

Old 06-18-2010, 01:42 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
since the manual 997tt has very short 1st gear ratio, it's hard to launch it properly from a dig. Compared to the tip. Therefor, racing from zero is not an option with this amount of power!
1+ we are in kuwait no one race from zero
when i roll from 80 km ,, sometimes i lose traction ...

Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
she looks hot, especially the ruf wing, ids that carbon fibre? where did you get the wing from
they call it carbon kaviler
<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->
jawwabik alwattar
No one run from zero in kuwait ..
and ahhh i dont want to talk About the story in modding the TC EC gears and MKB ahhhhhh u'll never be able to run 800+hp without going through all these ****ty **** expensive and complicated phases
so for heavy mods u should never compare the tip to a 6speed

Last edited by yalmutawa; 06-21-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:21 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
any updates?

Old 06-24-2010, 07:50 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
the car is almost done. We have been having issue with the water line on the passenger side. It need to be bend to fit with the GT turbo's. We have done it and install it with no issue but when we put the engine back it was hitting the body which result in damaging the line.

I have already broken 2, but now I gave up and I made my own. I measured the inner diameter of the water line. Then I took off the factory connectors and fix them to flexible hose. I tested it on the car and it fitted with no problems. I just need to check with the hose manufacture to make sure it can stand the temperature produced by the engine. Hopefully will run the engine by saturday

For those who will be installing same kit. I highly recommend bending the water line on the car. It's better to work the lines as a unit when they are all on the turbo. Have the engine lowered down, bend the line in the car, lift the engine to check. It's harder to install them out of the car as we did because you connot see how they need to go.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:53 PM
OK, so we had been working on the intercoolers and the air intake that required a lot of work and modification which was a big time consumer.

the intercoolers bracket or supports need to be modified in order to fit the big turbo's. Also the fitment of the intake was so tight so we had to make sure there is enough clearance so it would not rub.

I also put 15mm spacers to push the wheel a bit out ( big thanks for RSS )

the car is ready now we just need to mount the boost controller then it should be ready to go. I'm thinking about fixing it under the A/C control unit

Here is a short video of the first time engine fired up ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PYtt03-hOI

I'll put a few hundred miles on the turbos before we start testing the car to be sure everything is working well, no leaks, etc.

Last edited by cayenne_ksa; 07-08-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:06 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Ahhh that's wht i suppose to call Sexy Bi*tcH .. sounds like a lion's roar ! congrats!
Hope to see her in real soon ..
just remember, to dyno it after breaking down the engine. We need to see some performance figures.

Cheers,

Old 07-09-2010, 12:25 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
congrats!

Old 07-09-2010, 06:33 AM
I have to say without abdullah KSA this job was never going to be done ,
he did a great job in following up this project and updating Todd with every thing goin on !

and instructing the labors step By step teaching them every single thing to do they were labors with Zero experience but Abdullah through Todd leaded the project to the right end

By the way this kit took 80+ hrs

Last edited by yalmutawa; 07-09-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Ah! The monster awakens! Congrats!
Y., will you be driving the monster to Kuwait today?
Don't forget our lunch on Monday!!!

Old 07-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Didn't forget bro but I'll leave the
monster in Saudi I'll take it back after the holliday trip

Old 07-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Oh and Monday launch defo meet u in couple of days bro ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PROTO GT3076: installation with pictures