997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PROTO GT3076: installation with pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
GL yalmutawa
Hope it all works out. Although, I have to admit I'm more than a bit concerned with the quality of the modifications. These pics look questionable at best

As far as I know that is how the kit is. Don't think they did that.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:35 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris Green@USP
As far as I know that is how the kit is. Don't think they did that.
The jagged cutouts that look like they were made by a 3 year old? I wasn't referring to the tubing.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:27 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I've been wondering the same thing. Is this the first ever install of this 'kit'? Seems like an awful lot of fabricating, adjusting, 'let's make up stuff as we go along' for bolt-on's without even an engine rebuild???
it is my first time ever to install such a kit and you can call it self installation since the shop had zero experience and I had to supervise everything.

So yes it took a while because of a lot of reasons:

-time zone ( waiting at least for a day to have a response because of time difference )

-weekend ( in Saudi NO work on thursday and friday , so if we got stuck on saturday we have to wait till monday for people in US to get back to work, so that straight of 4 days with no work)

-shipping ( we damaged 2 water lines and some spacers were missing so we had to wait for at least a week to ship each part from germany or US)

-fabrication ( monster IC brackets, tight fitment intake, spacers ... etc )

I have been told that it takes good shop 40 to 50 hours to do a clean installation for such a kit. So far it took us 75 straight hours which is not bad comparing to well trained shop.

Over all, I wanted everything right. I don't mind spend 2 months than damage the engine. now it's running perfect and I'll starts testing it once I'm back home.

Last edited by cayenne_ksa; 07-22-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:40 PM
mickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to behold
6speeders... please give Abdullah credit where credit is due.. I installed almost the same kit and i myself am not a mechanic that does this sort of job day in and day out. This kit is not designed as a bolt on kit. Even for a shop that has never done an install like this on a porsche, the outcome on appearance maybe the same or worse. trimming that fender liner isn't the easiest thing since it has a big curve in it. Now if you hand over your car to the company that is selling the turbo kit, of course the installation will be perfect in appearance and presentation (they have done it a dozen of time to know how to trim and modify things to sit perfectly). Ask yourself one thing, how many fender liners did these company go thru their first time around??

Last edited by mickym0u53; 07-22-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-22-2010, 11:14 PM
P2P
P2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up guys .. it seemed to be a hard mission to u cayenne_ksa .. but u did it
ALM6AWWA3 congratz on ur monster .. am verry happy to see such car in q8 .. i hoped that long time before and now am living the dream to see many guys in kuwait doing such porsche projects .. cant wait to see ur car in q8 streets.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:35 AM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
The jagged cutouts that look like they were made by a 3 year old? I wasn't referring to the tubing.
If you don't have the proper tools this is the end result.
Put in your mind guys, over here it is hard to get the parts you need, we don't have the stores like in USA you can get what you want in a min, here sometimes if we need some special tools we order it from USA imagine!!

<O

Old 07-23-2010, 04:05 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Lol thanks guys for all the support and I believe a mission just a complished and these details clean or not untidy over make up not so important for me to be honest I believe am more than happy with the result and that what matters
now let me finish the stupid vecation and go back to drive the car and post up some v box numbers or if Abdullah give me the honor and try it for mr I'd really apreciate it ehehhehe

Old 07-24-2010, 08:12 PM
AMR Power is infamous around these parts
Simply awesome

Old 07-24-2010, 08:27 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
I went from the full k24/20 complete full proto kit to 3076 alfa in one whole day of work, then several programs, but install was easy....

Old 07-25-2010, 01:17 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Here comes another genius explaining how quick he was
I admit that the guys in the garage wasn't the right people with exp it was there first time and they had short on the lifter short in the equipment and Todd from protomotive sending missing parts and things like that this all delay the project but thanks god every thing is done now

Old 07-25-2010, 01:21 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
every thing is done now
It isn't done until I get to drive it bro!

Old 07-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Karim bro u'll defo drive it
but help me to explain for the marvels comics Heros how it's different here to finish a project

Old 07-25-2010, 06:10 AM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Just showing it has been sorted.... Not being a genious or anything like that....