997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Audison audio?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:27 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Hi Bruce, I'm glad to hear you're thrilled with the package. The install job is amazing. This is something I'm going to have to consider. Thanks Bob for posting the pics.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
My pleasure

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Hi Bruce, I'm glad to hear you're thrilled with the package. The install job is amazing. This is something I'm going to have to consider. Thanks Bob for posting the pics.
Yes, check it out. While it may seem strange, it REALLY adds to seat time but you can still turn it off and enjoy the P sounds. If I had one complaint, it would be the Pioneer navigation specs. The road detail is inferior to the P system and the distance to turning is always about 10 meters or so too far. Maybe I will get used to it, and there are claims that the detail is incredible in the US but that doesn't help us in Canada. You could miss a turn in Canada with the Pioneer but you never would with the P stock navigation. Not a big deal, but I hope there will be a navigation software upgrade soon (they come out once or twice a year) for Canada. Also, check out Drone Mobile - I love this feature I added which alerts you if someone steals your car, where your car is all the time, goes beyond a specific parameter, speed, etc. It's easy to use and there are phone apps for it too (although I waiting for the Blackberry one that is to come out very soon) but I use through my lap top now.http://www.dronemobile.com/dealerlocator/ Take care Bogg.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:22 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Great thread. I also put in the Audison amp, Hertz speakers and Focal subs. Amazing sound. Make sure you put sound deadening throughout the entire floor.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:39 PM
nreddy is infamous around these parts

regarding ur recent audio upgrade with mobile solutions :
You have had it in for a while - i would like some info on:

1) i believe the pioneer unit he put in has voice control - i am wondering how precise this feature is given the noise level of the awe exhaust
2) same goes for the bluetooth - i see that it is on the A-pillar - any trouble with using this feature - clarity, feedback from his callers?

Old 05-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Good questions

Originally Posted by nreddy
regarding ur recent audio upgrade with mobile solutions :
You have had it in for a while - i would like some info on:

1) i believe the pioneer unit he put in has voice control - i am wondering how precise this feature is given the noise level of the awe exhaust
2) same goes for the bluetooth - i see that it is on the A-pillar - any trouble with using this feature - clarity, feedback from his callers?
I've driven in traffic, from Canada to San Diego, and put in some track days so I've had a good chance to check out the system.
1. The voice controls are pretty good for both phone and navigation - you don't have to yell or anything. You have to learn the voice commands, and various verbal short-cuts, but you are prompted for many of them. Once you learn the commands it's pretty efficient (windows up of course). It doesn't have to "learn" your voice - I was surprised. The AWE exhaust is a non-issue- really. The Bit One is tuned to accommodate this and many other personal preferences. I would suggest adding a sub-woofer for optimal tuning if you drive with your windows down a lot. The open windows result in you losing a bit of the bass, not too much, but with the roof open it's ok.
2. The location of the mic is excellent and picks up your voice for the phone ,with few problems. That said, on the phone people can still tell you are in your car but don't have problems hearing you.
3. It's very clear and plenty loud, I wouldn't want it any louder. Mobile Solutions took full advantage of the Bit One's tuning capacity and tweeked it so I could enjoy some specific parts of my music. The Bit One lets the Audison system be tuned to your specific music and listening preferences.

I would say that the Pioneer AVIC Z120BT navigation is not as perfect as I'd had hoped. I don't find it as accurate as the Porsche 997 navi system but it does offer lots of bells and whistles that makes up for a few small inconveniences.

While you can adjust the screen lighting (more than day and night mode) I'd still like to see a specific setting for when wearing sunglasses.

I hope this helps.
K.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:02 PM
nreddy is infamous around these parts
Thx for the most helpful feedback

Old 06-22-2011, 04:59 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
Nice clean install.