997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Closing in on a 2009 997 Turbo Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:02 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wallmon
Any idea what the sticker was? Do you have access to the options ordered with the car. If it was loaded, the price was probably north of 160k.
All the stuff plus extra paint code and:
619 - Bluetooth Phone Interface
870 - Universal Audio Interface
342 - Heated Front Seats
640 - Sport Chrono Package Turbo
686 - XM Radio

I'm getting the certified program thing as well....

Old 05-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Tides is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
I've run highway runs with top down...no problem. I ditch the hat into the door pocket though, and I would never ever use a windstop/windscreen - just let the wind blow.

Now if you want to have a bluetooth phone conversation with top down, forget it. But otherwise, it's not bad at all.

Oh, and on the question of top down, windows up - forget it. Either all down, or not at all. Looks ridiculous. I see this from time to time with old men going to work in 70 degree summer with top down, windows up - and I just laugh my *** off.

Live it, man, just live it.

Well, Mr Eric ..... Having been told how uncool it is to drive with the top down/windows up, I tried being a little cooler last night. Took my wifey out with everything down ( thats windies and top ) and it was like a new experience. The exhaust sounded raspier, and the turbo's sang soooo sweet, and I felt on cloud nine, even took on that Joe ninety look. Windies down option just took another jump in rankings !!

Old 05-26-2010, 08:31 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tides
Well, Mr Eric ..... Having been told how uncool it is to drive with the top down/windows up, I tried being a little cooler last night. Took my wifey out with everything down ( thats windies and top ) and it was like a new experience. The exhaust sounded raspier, and the turbo's sang soooo sweet, and I felt on cloud nine, even took on that Joe ninety look. Windies down option just took another jump in rankings !!
lol nice!! I'd love to see more pics of your rims... I'm not a huge fan of the stock turbo rims... that'll be my first mod.

If all goes as planned, I should have the car by Sunday. Starting to freak out a little. lol This is my biggest car purchase to date.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:39 AM
NYNick is infamous around these parts
Hey Doc! What with all this manly man, windows up, windows down talk, now we get to the nitty gritty.
$129k is high for an 09 with $5k. Believe me. Here's how I know. A rennlister and I were shopping around the same time this winter for turbo cabs, and even looking at the same ones. He bought his, new, which I test drove, for $117K. I bought mine, with 3200 miles, for $113K. My MSRP was $149K. Nav, htd seat, adaptives, chrono(a must), short shift, etc. This was last Jan/Feb!
If you ask me, you should be down below $110K, anyway. Depends on dealer hunger.
Oh, and BTW, it's hard to fit my walker in the back with my windscreen and windows up, but I manage.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by NYNick
Hey Doc! What with all this manly man, windows up, windows down talk, now we get to the nitty gritty.
$129k is high for an 09 with $5k. Believe me. Here's how I know. A rennlister and I were shopping around the same time this winter for turbo cabs, and even looking at the same ones. He bought his, new, which I test drove, for $117K. I bought mine, with 3200 miles, for $113K. My MSRP was $149K. Nav, htd seat, adaptives, chrono(a must), short shift, etc. This was last Jan/Feb!
If you ask me, you should be down below $110K, anyway. Depends on dealer hunger.
Oh, and BTW, it's hard to fit my walker in the back with my windscreen and windows up, but I manage.
There's no room for the walker? Uh oh....

Well, I knocked the price down a bit, plus I'm doing a trade on my car (which I know isn't the smartest but it's a time/tax saver for me)... so yeah, looks like I'm just about set. I think I got a pretty decent price, I imagine only time will tell. Just have to go sign the papers here in a few hours.

Now if I can just keep myself from modding it...

Old 05-26-2010, 04:58 PM
wallmon is infamous around these parts
I agree on it being a bit pricey. There'd better be a bunch of hot hookers and cases of Christal Champagne involved at the close.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by wallmon
I agree on it being a bit pricey. There'd better be a bunch of hot hookers and cases of Christal Champagne involved at the close.
Shoot... I knew I forgot something. I hope it's not too late to get that champagne order in!

Old 05-26-2010, 06:05 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
hey doc, are you on my350 as well? which car is gettin traded in? hopefully not the nsx!

Old 05-26-2010, 06:20 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
...and stupid question... forgot to run it with the top down. How's the wind in this car? Can you drive it on the highway with all the windows and top down without getting blasted with air? Do most people run it with top down and windows up? Seemed fairly nice with the top up...

Thanks for the help... just getting ready to play the #'s game.

Hey Doc, I want a ride in that thing when you get it! I've been heavily researching 911TT's as well and can't decide if I want a coupe or cab.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by drdrilz
hey doc, are you on my350 as well? which car is gettin traded in? hopefully not the nsx!
Yup... 5 years and 2 NSX's and I'm out for now. Nothing wrong with the NSX... loved that car... just ready for something more comfortable.... and faster. I knew when I took the S4 to Portland the other day that the NSX was on the chopping block.

If there's a cars n coffee this weekend, I'll try and bring it. The car is showing up tonight! I'll try and give rides to whoever wants em...

Old 05-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Tides is infamous around these parts
Modulare M7 wheels

lol nice!! I'd love to see more pics of your rims... I'm not a huge fan of the stock turbo rims... that'll be my first mod.

If all goes as planned, I should have the car by Sunday. Starting to freak out a little. lol This is my biggest car purchase to date.

Hi - the wheels are 'modulare M7' 3 piece 20" wheels. The rear offset maybe a little aggressive looking, but I have had several people stop to admire them. I like them.

Enjoy your new car. Its one of lifes many pleasures to own a Porsche

Attached Images   
Old 05-26-2010, 09:30 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Shoot... I knew I forgot something. I hope it's not too late to get that champagne order in!

Congrats Doc.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Tides
Hi - the wheels are 'modulare M7' 3 piece 20" wheels. The rear offset maybe a little aggressive looking, but I have had several people stop to admire them. I like them.

Enjoy your new car. Its one of lifes many pleasures to own a Porsche
Unreal... those are beautiful. I have a whole lot of reading up to do... dang, it's like starting all over. Oh well, should be fun!

They moved way faster than I thought... I got the car tonight!

Now it just needs a wash and me getting used to the damn thing.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:19 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Unreal... those are beautiful. I have a whole lot of reading up to do... dang, it's like starting all over. Oh well, should be fun!

They moved way faster than I thought... I got the car tonight!

Now it just needs a wash and me getting used to the damn thing.

Whoa. Congrats. Is that RS Orange? Looks kinda bronze-ish in those pics.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Whoa. Congrats. Is that RS Orange? Looks kinda bronze-ish in those pics.
It's the Nordic Gold Metallic. A color that most people don't like.

If you can believe it, this is my 3rd orange car that I've owned. I have issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Closing in on a 2009 997 Turbo Cab