997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Closing in on a 2009 997 Turbo Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:08 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Closing in on a 2009 997 Turbo Cab

...and stupid question... forgot to run it with the top down. How's the wind in this car? Can you drive it on the highway with all the windows and top down without getting blasted with air? Do most people run it with top down and windows up? Seemed fairly nice with the top up...

Thanks for the help... just getting ready to play the #'s game.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I've run highway runs with top down...no problem. I ditch the hat into the door pocket though, and I would never ever use a windstop/windscreen - just let the wind blow.

Now if you want to have a bluetooth phone conversation with top down, forget it. But otherwise, it's not bad at all.

Oh, and on the question of top down, windows up - forget it. Either all down, or not at all. Looks ridiculous. I see this from time to time with old men going to work in 70 degree summer with top down, windows up - and I just laugh my *** off.

Live it, man, just live it.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:42 AM
wallmon is infamous around these parts
There's probably no "in between", you either love having the top down or you don't. There's noise, wind buffeting, no using the phone or radio and some other negatives. But, if you love the outdoors, the world in panorama, the air pouring over you like some delicious liquid....you'll love the cab. There's really nothing like it. If you have a friend with a convertible, any brand, go for a long drive and see if it fits you. Remember, the top on the cab is a great one that's relatively quiet with no air leaks. Best of both worlds.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:23 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Top down,windows down...ine of the most amazing feelings
One with the road and your surroundings
In Germany with my 08 i routinely hit 160 top down
Just one thing to keep in mind driving fast top down...any object not bolted down will immediately get sucked out of your car so fast it will make your head spin

Old 05-25-2010, 10:05 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Top down,windows down...ine of the most amazing feelings
One with the road and your surroundings
In Germany with my 08 i routinely hit 160 top down
Just one thing to keep in mind driving fast top down...any object not bolted down will immediately get sucked out of your car so fast it will make your head spin
lol. Thanks! I know I want the cab... just forgot to see how bad it was with the top down. I see guys driving with the windows up sometimes and I was just wondering if it was really bad, or they're just being hair style minded people. I run my NSX with the targa roof off 95% of the time I drive it, the other 5% it's either too cold or raining. (In Seattle, usually both)

Old 05-25-2010, 10:18 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Every day will be a bad hair day ....but i do love,and could never have enuf of,how the world seems to open up when u put the top down
27 days and counting till i pick up my turboS at the factory...

Old 05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
NYNick is infamous around these parts
Uh guys, aren't we being a bit severe here? Windows up is an old man thing? How about in 50 degree weather? Hell, I've run with the top down, windscreen in, windows up, heat on and seat heaters on...then again, I AM an old man.
The windscreen helps alot. The windows help too. It depends on the temperature. Forget the bluetooth. The radio is hardly loud enough on the highway.
One of my favorite drives is with the wifey, top down, windows up, radio on, cruising lower speed on a beautiful summer night. Can't do that with a coupe.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Tides is infamous around these parts
"from time to time with old men going to work in 70 degree summer with top down, windows up - and I just laugh my *** off."

Thanks Eric - thats me to a tee. Didn't realise it looked so un cool. mmmmm !!!

Old 05-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Tides is infamous around these parts
Smile Old guys rule !! ok

Originally Posted by NYNick
Uh guys, aren't we being a bit severe here? Windows up is an old man thing? How about in 50 degree weather? Hell, I've run with the top down, windscreen in, windows up, heat on and seat heaters on...then again, I AM an old man.
The windscreen helps alot. The windows help too. It depends on the temperature. Forget the bluetooth. The radio is hardly loud enough on the highway.
One of my favorite drives is with the wifey, top down, windows up, radio on, cruising lower speed on a beautiful summer night. Can't do that with a coupe.

I'll drink to that!!!! Us old men need to show these young uns a thing or two eh !!

Old 05-25-2010, 12:45 PM
NYNick is infamous around these parts
Hey, we're driving Turbo Cabs! That's gotta buy us SOME credibilty!

Old 05-25-2010, 01:45 PM
At least we are first off the line, which is serious street cred...
..."cause if you're not first...you're last"
I want to thank Baby Jesus for allowing me to get this fast ride :-)

Last edited by pepper09tt; 05-25-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:56 PM
lol you guys are cracking me up. I was more curious if the car is drivable with the top down and windows down... some cars are just way too loud or get too much buffeting. I tend to throw the windows up if I'm going above 70, just so I can talk to my passenger.. otherwise, leave em all down.

So what's this wind deflector all about? Where does that stow away, or do you need to install that and remove it at home?

Just negotiating price right now.... hope my credit holds up.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Stores in the front luggage area and is easy and quick to install. It does blow your ability to haul a bunch of bags. If you're any kinda of a man, you reserve it for ONLY the coldest days.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by wallmon
Stores in the front luggage area and is easy and quick to install. It does blow your ability to haul a bunch of bags. If you're any kinda of a man, you reserve it for ONLY the coldest days.
Lol..I'll keep that in mind. So is $129k a fair price for a 2009 with ~5k miles? It's hard to know for sure since Porsche is so great at making every option, well... an option... so I'm not sure what I'm getting and not getting.. but it does have the chrono package... I know I want that... I think heated seats.. Nav... some other goodies. Ugh... so damn stressful.

Here we go......

Oh, and where do I get a car cover... I don't want the damn cats messing with the roof when it's in the garage!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Any idea what the sticker was? Do you have access to the options ordered with the car. If it was loaded, the price was probably north of 160k.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Closing in on a 2009 997 Turbo Cab