997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Another Test Begins - Detailed Information Inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Another Test Begins - Detailed Information Inside

So we just did a baseline on our Project 997TT to get some before and after comparisons with our new exhaust products we are releasing. The ambient temperature is 95F, we are running 91octane, 1.2bar, and a 3rd gear pull on a Mustang Dyno. The fans were placed on the radiator and the intercoolers... We wanted to do this at a low boost street setting in normal weather to show real world results. The car made 593awhp and 570ft/lbs of torque.

Currently since the beginning, the car has the JIC Cross Stainless exhaust with 200cell high flow cats and 76mm piping. This exhaust sounds great, looks great, and performs well. But this is the one non Agency Power part I have been running and want to change that. When we competed and ran to 206.2mph at the Texas Mile, we ran our straight pipes as discussed here. We have now built the production ones which feature short straight though resonators to tone down the sound as well as include slip on Titanium Tips as an option. This is one of the items we will test to show the gains over our baseline.

The next test will be our new valvetronic exhaust. This exhaust similar to our M5, M6, and GTR features a quiet and race mode at the switch of a button. The exhaust has 70mm piping with an X design of 76mm. When the valves are closed and the exhaust is in "Race" mode, it bypasses the mufflers and goes from cats straight out the tips. We recently did a similar kit on a Ferrari F430 as well.

So stay tuned here for sound clips, pictures, and dyno results. We wont release it unless it makes power!

Old 05-26-2010, 04:46 PM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
Dan, please post or PM the target cost for the valvetronic. Looks good! I am returning my Tubi now.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I was thinking $1M, but then nobody will buy them So after we finish testing and make any changes necessary to deem them ready to release, we will have a retail cost. It will be affordable.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:49 PM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
heh

Like "capristo" affordable or "tubi" affordable ?

Old 05-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Former Vendor
Like Agency Power affordable, quite less then both.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Dan, if you need an independent tester, I may be your guy. My car is all apart waiting for a tubi replacement, which I can probably get refunded to the co I bought it from. How loud is it closed?

Old 05-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Former Vendor
I will have alot of this information hopefully available by Friday including sound clips.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:55 PM
cool, still may work, I won't be getting my replacement until next week. Thank you

Old 06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Any news Dan?

Old 06-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Former Vendor
Actually yes. Will post up pics of both test unit. We just fired it up with the valvetronic exhaust and the sound is great, but we need to make changes. They are installing the new straight pipes right now. Stay tuned.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:01 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
i really like the exhaust i think am gone buy it
let me know dan when you finish and get results .. i really need more flow in the exhaust

Old 06-01-2010, 06:53 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
Why dyno in 3rd gear (1.48:1), wouldn't that exaggerate your numbers? Why not dyno in 4th (1.18:1), or 5th (.97:1)?

How are you measuring your 1.2bar boost pressure? Can you log and post your AFR's? I just do not understand the 1/4screen capture and 3gear dyno

Originally Posted by vividracing
The ambient temperature is 95F, we are running 91octane, 1.2bar, and a 3rd gear pull on a Mustang Dyno. The fans were placed on the radiator and the intercoolers... We wanted to do this at a low boost street setting in normal weather to show real world results. The car made 593awhp and 570ft/lbs of torque.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Former Vendor
You cant dyno in 5th gear, you would probably exceed the speed rating of the Mustang and it is unsafe. We dyno in 4th sometime. You would actually get higher dyno numbers in 4th gear as there is more of a load on the car. With a Mustang, you can change the parasitic multiplier from 1.0 to 2.5, 5.0, or whatever and I could show the car making 2000HP. Does not matter, the point is showing a before and after. Variables kept the same to show the gains or losses. We always dyno in 3rd gear (safest) with a parasitic multiplier of 1.0.

Boost pressure is measured on my Greddy EBC as well as looking at the gauge on the dash. AFR's have nothing to do with this thread/test. The screen capture shows the WCF (With Correction Factor) of what the car is making to the wheels with all variables taken into account.

Last edited by vividracing; 06-01-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
Been a minute... but we are wrapping up this Valvetronic exhaust for the 997.1. We have completely redesigned it to work differently. When the valve is closed, the exhaust flow will go through the XPipe exhaust like a normal system, however when the valve is open, it is like having straight pipes. We should have it all welded up soon to do some sound clips and dyno runs.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor
Here is a little sneak video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzyQudcyuhs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another Test Begins - Detailed Information Inside