997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RotTec... Gotta Love It!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:28 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ray
Yes, our CF lip is very similar style to Techart type 1 front lip and we also have skid protection plates for our CF lips!
Great! Then that would be the way to go. Have the ROTTEC skid plate installed by ROTTEC on their spoiler lip and shipped to you.

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Hey, thanks for the link. That will definitely come in handy, and if those things actually work, I won't be as scared to have all that CF hanging off the front of my car!

Here's my interior... I'm not sure what options this car has, but there is some aluminum on the interior. (This is my first p-car and I've only had it a few days). I was going to do the steering wheel and e-brake, then go from there...

Thoughts? Is that a standard 997 interior??
Yes, that's pretty much a standard interior except for the deviating stitching.

I would do exactly as you described: fit the CF steering and handbrake lever, perhaps the shifter as well, and then take it from there.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:16 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
My first RoTtec pieces showed up today!!! Wow, this stuff is nice!! Anything I should about caring for the non-glossy CF parts? Anything I shouldn't do to it?

I'll try and bolt this stuff on tonight and snap a few pics in the dark, because those are always the best.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:57 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Yummy! Can't wait to see 'em on your car. Should look great!

Old 06-02-2010, 10:15 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
As promised, some crappy night shots of the install in my dirty garage.
Took me about 45mins.. just going slow and making sure not to screw anything up or scratch my paint. Nothing complicated... could probably install this in 20mins the next time.

I'll get some better ones soon.... love the way it looks, can't wait for the side skirts and front lip... and of course some rims. P40's in satin black anyone?

Old 06-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Eric, that was quick! Those piece are on my hand 2 days ago and is already on your TT now! Both piece come out great, always love to see my parts on special color Porsche. Take some better day time pics and I will upload on my website! Other parts are coming and will let you know once they're landed.

To take care matte CF finish. Just tread it normal as body parts, but never polish!

Old 06-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
As promised, some crappy night shots of the install in my dirty garage.
Took me about 45mins.. just going slow and making sure not to screw anything up or scratch my paint. Nothing complicated... could probably install this in 20mins the next time.

I'll get some better ones soon.... love the way it looks, can't wait for the side skirts and front lip... and of course some rims. P40's in satin black anyone?
Wow! Love it! That's just sex on wheels.
Congrats! I knew it would contrast beautifully on your color!

Old 06-03-2010, 01:26 PM
A couple of better pics for you guys... and yeah, I love the contrast!

Old 06-13-2010, 06:45 AM
omarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of light
I put in my order with Ray last week for,
<O
- EOM carbon rear wing.
- EOM carbon mirrors.
- EOM carbon side ducts.
- EOM carbon front lip.<O></O>
<O
Going to see the quality and the fitment, then I will order the rest of part I have in my mind.<O
<O
When I have the orderd parts installed I will have a write up on every thing from the order till the fitment. also I will have pics of my car .<O

Thanks all .<O

Omar

Old 06-13-2010, 06:58 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by omarv6
<o> </o>
- EOM carbon rear wing.
- EOM carbon mirrors.
- EOM carbon side ducts.
- EOM carbon front lip.<o>></o>>
<o> </o>
Going to see the quality and the fitment, then I will order the rest of part I have in my mind.<o> </o>
<o> </o>
When I have the orderd parts installed I will have a write up on every thing from the order till the fitment. also I will have pics of my car .<o> </o>

Thanks all .<o> </o>

Omar
I'm sure the parts will be wonderful but that sure is one heck of a trial order.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by omarv6
<O
- EOM carbon rear wing.
- EOM carbon mirrors.
- EOM carbon side ducts.
- EOM carbon front lip.<O></O>
<O
Going to see the quality and the fitment, then I will order the rest of part I have in my mind.<O
<O
When I have the orderd parts installed I will have a write up on every thing from the order till the fitment. also I will have pics of my car .<O

Thanks all .<O

Omar
I'm sure you'll love the quality. I was very pleased with mine. I will install next week and post pics.

Congrats in advance.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Can't wait to see all those parts installed... I'm just waiting on the GT2 side skirts..

Old 06-13-2010, 12:50 PM
omarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of light
I my self cant wait , i will post pics as soon as its on the car .

Old 06-26-2010, 10:41 AM
If you remember, I had purchased the glossy CF mirror housings and the glossy CF roof spoiler.

Well, finally got around to attempt the install for my Rottec parts.

First, the good news...

Here's some pictures of the mirror housings installed.
I think they came out great with the Meteor Grey.

We have had a four day sustained sand storm in Kuwait. No sense even trying to wash the car.
Besides, I thought it might be interesting to show you the effects of sandstorms here.
I am just glad I installed a clear bra from the front of the car all the way to the end of the front fender and also on the outside of the a-pillars all the way to the front of the sun roof. I installed glass protection film on the front windshield an all light lenses.

Here are the pics:

Any thoughts/comments welcome, including comments on the (sand) blasting weather over here!

Old 06-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Now, the bad news...

The roof spoiler is pictured here:

Since it is designed to mount practically flush against the rear windshield, it will not install on our TTs if you have selected the rear wiper for your TT without actually shortening the wiper blade itself as there isn't enough clearance below the spoiler to accommodate the wiper blade.

P dealer advised that they make the wiper blade in only 1 length.

If we attempt to fabricate a bracket to install the spoiler angled to accommodate the blade beneath it, the spoiler will look awful as there will be big gaps along the sides of the spoiler and it will not sit flush against the rear windshield, so that's not an option.

The P dealer, who are the ones doing the install, said that they can remove the cap from the top of the wiper blade, cut off about 4 or 5 inches from the top of the wiper blade and recap it.

Although they don't advise it, they said that the only thing we risk by trying is the cost of a new wiper blade.

Any thoughts?

PS: Ray @ Rottec, this is not in any way a critique of your products. Your products are first class. Love 'em. It is my fault that I did not specify to you that I have the rear wiper installed on my car.
Having said that, you might want to think of putting up a warning for your customers about this issue to avoid having this problem.

If you manufacture a roof spoiler specifically designed for a rear wiper setup, I would like to exchange mine for that. Let me know.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:14 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks gorgeous bro!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RotTec... Gotta Love It!