997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RotTec... Gotta Love It!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Oh, I don't know your have rear wiper options since not too many 997 pick this options. You can actually get an aftermarket 16" replacement blade to clear the roof spoiler. We have done it on 996 and 997. Check for your local auto parts store and might able to help!

btw, the CF mirrors look wonderful with your Meteor Grey! We demand more pics once you clean up your car !

Old 06-26-2010, 11:50 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
Looks gorgeous bro!
Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by Ray
btw, the CF mirrors look wonderful with your Meteor Grey! We demand more pics once you clean up your car !
Thanks! I love 'em. I was afraid they would look too flashy, but no! They blend in nicely in my opinion.
I'll definitely post more pics when the weather clears up and I install the roof spoiler.

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh, I don't know your have rear wiper options since not too many 997 pick this options. You can actually get an aftermarket 16" replacement blade to clear the roof spoiler. We have done it on 996 and 997. Check for your local auto parts store and might able to help!
Like I said, my fault for not specifying. Thanks for the advice. I will check here if we can get the 16" blades. If not, I will source in the US.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:38 PM
omarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of light
looks amazing mate ..... cant wait for my parts any longer ... need a nother 2 weeks .
by the way am not sure if i have a rear wiper .... but if i dont , and u dont want it i can take of you when i come to kuwait next month .... What u say ?

Old 06-26-2010, 01:13 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by omarv6
looks amazing mate ..... cant wait for my parts any longer ... need a nother 2 weeks .
Thanks bro. Definitely post pictures when you install.

Originally Posted by omarv6
by the way am not sure if i have a rear wiper .... but if i dont , and u dont want it i can take of you when i come to kuwait next month .... What u say ?
I say we should make it a point to get together when you are here. It would be great to meet you. We'll decide about the spoiler then. I'll try with the shorter rear wiper blade and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Also, check your pm for my contact information.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:36 PM
omarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of light
sounds good man .

Old 06-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Mowateriology is infamous around these partsMowateriology is infamous around these parts
mirrors look badass! congrats and enjoy
quite unfortunate there with the unforeseen fitment problem with the wiper, but i do think it is worth a try to cut some off it since the CF spoiler will be there for you 360 days of the year, while you will only need the wiper for the 5 remaining days of the year when it actually rains over here lol ;p

edit: just read Ray's post, that is also worth a try. good luck and do report back!

Old 06-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks bro.
It's not really the rain I'm worried about.

It's the sand+humidity and the lovely mud splatter camouflage suit effect they give our cars...

How many of the remaining 360 days a year we get those?

Last edited by k_ddsl; 06-26-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:10 AM
Mowateriology is infamous around these partsMowateriology is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Thanks bro.
It's not really the rain I'm worried about.

It's the sand+humidity and the lovely mud splatter camouflage suit effect they give our cars...

How many of the remaining 360 days a year we get those?
touche!
720 days-worth a year if my maths is correct