997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RotTec... Gotta Love It!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 03:29 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Thumbs up RotTec... Gotta Love It!

Well what can I say?

You folks Stateside sure know how to make some amazing stuff!

I have in mind to order some external CF body parts. CF weave is both a science and and art. I have seen some very poorly manufactured parts that were simply a waste of good money. I have a list of 5 parts in total that I want to install and thought I'd start with the two less costly ones just to see how it works out on the car once it arrives.

I hooked up with Ray over at RotTec through PM and email. Great guy to work with. Was very prompt answering all my queries and sending over some images. We quickly worked out the price and shipping details.
Payment was made through PayPal and the items shipped off the same day! Few days later, they're in Kuwait.
Superb soft cloth + bubble wrap + cardboard packaging.
Stuff arrived unscathed except for a minute almost imperceptible blemish that happened during customs inspection.

Quality, well, you decide.

Warning: iPhone pictures!

In closing, thank you Ray and RotTec. Great stuff!

Last edited by k_ddsl; 05-27-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:38 AM
alan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of light
I have been a big fan of ROT tec products for long time. Quaility at top notch.

I am waiting for my interior parts from Ray as well, also these side mirror covers!

Old 05-27-2010, 04:32 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Looks like some nice stuff you've got over there. You will be a very busy boy when that car arrives . Cant wait to see the finished product .

Old 05-27-2010, 06:15 AM
tranman329 is infamous around these parts
look forward to install pictures

Old 05-27-2010, 06:35 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by k_ddsl

Warning: iPhone pictures!

In closing, thank you Ray and RotTec. Great stuff!
Love the warning part
man i could assure you about the quality ! you was more than kind enough to give me those cabron mirror inserts and i loved the carbon quality .. Can't wait to see your baby coming and you playing with ur new toy ;P .. Any updates when that ship arriving?

Old 05-27-2010, 10:35 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alan6888hk
I have been a big fan of ROT tec products for long time. Quaility at top notch.

I am waiting for my interior parts from Ray as well, also these side mirror covers!
Agreed. +1 on the RotTec quality. Post pix when you get 'em. But hopefully, better than mine

Originally Posted by speed21
Looks like some nice stuff you've got over there. You will be a very busy boy when that car arrives . Cant wait to see the finished product .
Man oh man! Anticipation is killing me

Originally Posted by tranman329
look forward to install pictures
I will definitely have installed pictures. I'm gonna have the dealer do the install itself while I'm out of town for a few days

Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
Love the warning part
man i could assure you about the quality ! you was more than kind enough to give me those cabron mirror inserts and i loved the carbon quality .. Can't wait to see your baby coming and you playing with ur new toy ;P .. Any updates when that ship arriving?
Spunky you are way too kind. Hope you're having fun on your trip. By the time you get back, my car should be with me.

How about copying from our friends in the U.S. and starting a Cars and Coffee style weekly meet?

Anyone from Kuwait interested?

Old 05-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Glad you love our products! we're trying our best to improve our service and products. Let me know if you need any other parts!

For sure we need better pics other than iphone once they're installed

Old 05-27-2010, 01:33 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ray
Glad you love our products! we're trying our best to improve our service and products. Let me know if you need any other parts!

For sure we need better pics other than iphone once they're installed
Still waiting to hear back from you Ray

Old 05-27-2010, 04:00 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
Looking good! Definitely worthy of these cars.

It's still mind bogging that people are surprised (!) to see quality in fairly expensive products. It doesn't matter if it's a set of mirrors, a body kit, exhaust or an ECU flash, people who pay top dollar (or dinar ) for aftermarket parts that go into this iconic sports car MUST expect rock solid quality. Perfection throughout, if you wish. I personally wouldn't settle for cr*p regardless of how shiny it's been polished.

Question: my mirrors have aluminum bottoms. Can I re-use them with these mirrors?

Old 05-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by AlexM
Looking good! Definitely worthy of these cars.
Thanks Alex!

It's still mind bogging that people are surprised (!) to see quality in fairly expensive products. It doesn't matter if it's a set of mirrors, a body kit, exhaust or an ECU flash, people who pay top dollar (or dinar ) for aftermarket parts that go into this iconic sports car MUST expect rock solid quality. Perfection throughout, if you wish. I personally wouldn't settle for cr*p regardless of how shiny it's been polished.
Alex,

I am sure that when one of us spends his/her money, it is on the expectation that we are receiving good value in return. The more money that is spent on any one item, the higher the expectation of value to be returned.

The true surprise happens when you do not get the quality or value you feel you paid top Euro (or Zloty ) for. In my lifetime, I've seen that happen way too often to even care to count. And when it does happen, you can thank your lucky stars (or consumer protection laws, or, as the case may be, your presence on 6speed and the pressure said presence can bring to bear in your favor) if you get any sort of vindication later.

As such, there was really no surprise here, merely giving credit where credit is due on an easy transaction from which I received good value for money.

It is also an indication for fellow members, should they be looking at this vendor's products and wondering whether or not to pull the trigger, that my experience has been quite a positive one.

After all, freely sharing our experiences with one another is one of the reasons I truly love this community of ours here on the 6.

Question: my mirrors have aluminum bottoms. Can I re-use them with these mirrors?
I believe you can just buy the tops separately and retain your aluminum bottoms (no pun intended )

Last edited by k_ddsl; 05-27-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:45 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Spunky you are way too kind. Hope you're having fun on your trip. By the time you get back, my car should be with me.

How about copying from our friends in the U.S. and starting a Cars and Coffee style weekly meet?

Anyone from Kuwait interested?
Bro there r many similar events here. Except they r not all well organized. best so far is gulfrun, goes down to dawnrun, midnightrun .. and many others. I have connections in all of the above, Yet weather plays a big role in every one and each event. I'll definately shoot u more details when i come back hopefuly ..

Last edited by SpunkyQ8; 05-27-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:21 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Wow, those are some pretty amazing looking parts... I think I just found a new place to dump loads of $$.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !

Yes, there are upper and lower parts with 997 mirror and we can sell you only the upper CF mirror. PM me for pricing, we have 997.1 CF mirror instock as well!

Old 05-28-2010, 08:33 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ray
Yes, there are upper and lower parts with 997 mirror and we can sell you only the upper CF mirror. PM me for pricing, we have 997.1 CF mirror instock as well!
Do mind posting a couple close of shots of the dry carbon vs the glossy? Trying to decide which route to take. Also, those side skirts for the 997 are supposed to be ready by March... are they available yet?

Old 05-28-2010, 08:43 AM
omarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of light
I am looking for some EOM carbon parts also but i need the best qualty around .
how is the fitment ? do you have any pics ?

I have a 2008 997 turbo and need
- EOM carbon rear wing .
- EOM carbon mirrors .
- EOM carbon side ducts .
- EOM carbon front lip .

I live in Saudi Arabia . i have an address in the US , but i dont have pay pall , what other payment methods do thy have .

please post pics of your car .

Thanks

Omar

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RotTec... Gotta Love It!