997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: Should I pull the trigger?
Yes, incredible deal!
34.38%
No, you're outa your mind!
65.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Should I Go for It? 620 AWD BHP - TECHART Performance Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 01:11 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jiaim
'cause they have 620 hp @ the flywheel...
No mate.

I asked that question point blank. Export director of TA assured me it is at the wheels not at the crank.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:00 PM
artur777 is infamous around these partsartur777 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
No mate.

I asked that question point blank. Export director of TA assured me it is at the wheels not at the crank.
It looks like a BS, because they dont modify the turbos

Old 05-29-2010, 05:22 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
TA is matching EVOMS times with upgraded turbos thus it must be making some decent HP??
Robert

Old 05-29-2010, 05:53 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yalmutawa

don't listen to him karim wallah do the job and enjoy it you didnt buy the turbo to park it in the GARAGE !!!
spunkyQ8 is a different case here he had a very bad experience in tuning specially with his 700Hp mustang !
tuning is good for those who tuned there cars and succeeded in there experience thats why i still advice u to go for it
techart is a good choice u thnk ? why did u go proto then ? :P

Old 05-29-2010, 06:21 PM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about

WTF kind of dyno graph is this? They drew this in a paint program. You'd have to pretty gullible to purchase that kit and believe the hp figures and the warranty.

JH

Old 05-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Yani is infamous around these parts
WTF kind of dyno graph is this? They drew this in a paint program. You'd have to pretty gullible to purchase that kit and believe the hp figures and the warranty.
Techart is a reputable company who have been in the industry a while.

With warranty and all I say go for it

Old 05-29-2010, 08:42 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
If PDK transmissions are failing or slipping at 580 awhp Techart does not have any snake oil that makes a stock transmission hold 620 awhp. I would assume with them saying PS and not AWHP that its definitely 620 flyhweel hp.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:59 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Gents,

This is the email I received from TA:

Dear Karim,

I attached some pictures for you for your inspiration :-) All our aerodynamic parts are either PU-RIM (exactly the same material as Porsche) or carbon fiber.

Attached you may also find an offer for the 2x engine upgrades that we offer for the 997 Turbo gen II. The 620 Hp have been measured at the wheels with a dyno - actually we had even a bit more than 620 HP ;-) We actually did very intensive testing for both kits: dyno, street and race track. We have especially payed attention at the clutch: whether there is slip or any kind of damage. Our test cars have all over 30.000 km on the clock now and so far we did not noticed any slip or damage. Otherwise we would not have released this kit for sale. Also: you get a warranty of 2 years and unlimited mileage on all TECHART engine upgrades. This includes not only the TECHART components, but also the original engine and transmission.

If are really interested in one of our engine upgrades, please let me know soon, because we have a lot more orders than we expected and stock is already getting low.

Best regards,

Old 05-30-2010, 11:59 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
all i know is warranty = peace of mind

Old 05-30-2010, 01:32 PM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
I would just get the evoms flash and see how you feel...

cheap way to see how you like extra power as it IS so fast in oem config

There is NO WAY that techart for 15k will give you a new porsche engine and gearbox...they must feel strongly enough that the techart mods won't damage your engine; so with that thinking why would doing the evoms flash be risky without a warranty as it's just a flash

my point is that you are looking for a warranty that won't really be a true warranty as your porsche warranty is still gone

I am pretty damn sure after the evoms flash you will not lose your porsche warranty, no?

Last edited by MorePSiTehBett4; 05-30-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:22 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John H.

JH
Agreed. They can't even fudge their data correctly. TQ and HP curves should cross at 5250.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:00 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MorePSiTehBett4
I am pretty damn sure after the evoms flash you will not lose your porsche warranty, no?
You are damn sure but then question it.... I would say your warranty is toast with any Flash..

Let's get this correct 15K just for the parts? So how much is the install cost?

Old 05-30-2010, 03:03 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
can't believ in this power gain only from exhaust and ecu.......
I didn't heard that siemens was finaly crack...

Old 05-30-2010, 03:22 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I agree with everyone else no way in the world you will get a brand new PDK or A91 engine if one of them goes pop.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:11 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
if i were you I would do it just because I like techart not the warranty. The warranty is plus but I would go through a lot of hassle because of the engine upgrade. let's say your a/c is down. Yes it's warranty issue. dealer in GCC would cancel your warranty for any reason, then you will end up with a problem not covered by techart ( has nothing to do with engine and trani ) nor dealer ( because of the engine upgrade ).

as far as the power I think it's to high to get this much HP just from exhaust and ECU.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I Go for It? 620 AWD BHP - TECHART Performance Package