997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Love At First Sight... YES, SHE'S HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 06:24 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Thanks bro!

About the enjoying part, I promised myself I'd go easy for the first 1000 clicks.

But inevitably, while driving back home, I ran across a CLS 65 AMG. He was ahead of me and I paid him no heed.
A few seconds later, he took the middle lane and slowed. I got alongside him. He smiled a put his foot down.
Said to myself F! it, can't let my friends on the 6 down!
I floored it...
Kill isn't the word I'd use... More like massacre!
Well done! Congrats on a beauty of a car. I liked your first post in the thread, kinda reminded me of my own thoughts when I got my car so long ago (heh, all of 6 weeks ago).

What's with Benz owners? Seems like they always want to race a 911 turbo. Nice cars too though.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:01 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
super congrats!!!! enjoy in good safe health!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Congrats man! Super nice.. didn't read all 4 pages... PDK?

That would be a tough choice... PDK or manual... I guess that's why I can keep my 996 and shoot for a PDK

Old 06-02-2010, 08:35 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ray
Congrats! can't want to see some of our CF parts on this beauty!
Thanks Ray! You know you will

Originally Posted by John@SpeedMerchants
Congrats! Nice story and an even nicer car. All the best.
Thank you John.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:35 PM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
great car and great words. so what did you become in life and how did you end up in kuwait?

Old 06-02-2010, 08:37 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PORSCHEFREAK
Nice car. Congrats.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Zlaatan
Great post, great car!
Thanks mate.

Originally Posted by lardog
Great color
I like yours better

Old 06-02-2010, 08:41 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Gorgeous! Congratulations on a beautiful spec'd PDK .2 Turbo! I feel you joy!! Enjoy her everyday you are able!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Well done! Congrats on a beauty of a car. I liked your first post in the thread, kinda reminded me of my own thoughts when I got my car so long ago (heh, all of 6 weeks ago).

What's with Benz owners? Seems like they always want to race a 911 turbo. Nice cars too though.
Thanks! And I'm glad you remember that far back!

Seriously nice cars the Benz. Owned a few in. Liked them a lot.

Originally Posted by handdoc
super congrats!!!! enjoy in good safe health!
Thanks Doc.

Originally Posted by ari
Congrats man! Super nice.. didn't read all 4 pages... PDK?

That would be a tough choice... PDK or manual... I guess that's why I can keep my 996 and shoot for a PDK
Thanks! It's a PDK.
To my mind, and as we don't have a track in Kuwait, but we do have a lot of traffic, it was an obvious choice.
If we had a track, I would have probably bought a 6er.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
great car and great words. so what did you become in life and how did you end up in kuwait?
Thanks!
I started out as an accountant. Quickly made my way up to CFO.
Moved over to operations and management.
Now I do mergers, acquisitions, corporate restructuring (both financial and operational), etc...
As to how I ended up in Kuwait, there's a saying:
Stick like glue to your source of revenue!
God bless Kuwait.

Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Gorgeous! Congratulations on a beautiful spec'd PDK .2 Turbo! I feel you joy!! Enjoy her everyday you are able!
Thanks! I had a very tough time choosing between Black/Black White/Black and Meteor/Black. Love the look of your car.
Enjoy her in good health too.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Rocket man is infamous around these parts
nice

Congrats! Love your outlook to life!

Old 06-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Rocket man
Congrats! Love your outlook to life!
Thank you!
My outlook on life is an allergic and opposing reaction to meeting one too many people that suffer from a certifiable medical condition called "RECTO-OPTO-ITIS"!

It's when one's line of sight is aligned to his/her own rectum, giving them a $hitty outlook on life!

Old 06-02-2010, 09:52 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
congrats man. sometimes i dont believe i have a turbo myself

Old 06-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Hey Karim what the hell are you doing with my car!!! I was wondering what happened to it!!

Man im so so happy for you. Seriously...it looks absolutely sensational!! And,your post articulated it all so perfectly too!!
Congratulations and best wishes on the delivery and to coin one of your phrases..."enjoy in good health my friend"!! .

Happy days are here.....so don't waste any

PS. Kuwait has sure seen some lovely toys appear of late .

Old 06-02-2010, 11:02 PM
dksu has a spectacular aura aboutdksu has a spectacular aura about
Congrats. Beautiful car. BTW, what is that 2 triangle emblem on the rear bumper? I saw that same emblem on another Kuwait 997.2tt. Does it come from factory in Kuwait?

Old 06-02-2010, 11:46 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Finally, I can now officially say, I'm a proud full member of the 6speedonline community, albeit, with a 7speed PDK
I have to say 3 things:

1st: You are such a poet.
2nd: You have always been a full member here even before you got your beauty.
3rd: Gorgeous car and about time too.

Hugs and kisses.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Love At First Sight... YES, SHE'S HERE!!!!