997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Proof of the Pudding... My MY 2010 - 997.2 TT PDK PBOX Data Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 02:14 PM
M275 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Great data!

Would you happen to have any 0-300km times?

Old 06-04-2010, 02:59 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Karim .. Karim !!
this is finese by all means !
good work budd. all i can say "smile on my face" every time i see your posts , otherwise. totally speachless !

Old 06-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Keep running it 0-300 in 110+*F weather and it will get broken in REALLY fast.

Nice runs!

Old 06-04-2010, 03:33 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Figured it out. This is the third run with LC. Here ya go:

Superb data. Rep to you bro.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:30 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Karim, congrats on your awesome vehicle and thanks for taking the time to post your data. Very impressive considering the heat. It's interesting to see how much difference the launch control method makes on the 0-60mph and 0-100mph times. If I'm not mistaken, these are similar to 997.1 times (non-launch control times you listed), but then again the times listed in the 997.1 were probably not in 40 plus degree C weather.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:49 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Outstanding data but go easy, I don't want you to break your new baby.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:47 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
In 113 degree temps, I'd be very happy with those numbers if I were you. Those temps provide a HUGE impact on performance.
Thanks Scott. In Kuwait, there is up to 10-15*C (50-59*F) difference between morning and night sometimes. That's what I was referring to when I said I'll get a couple of more runs to try to see what differences the ambient temp makes.

Originally Posted by bbywu
Karim, did you datalog IATs or oil/engine temperatures?

Many have speculated that the slow 200-300 km/h times that we are seeing are due to significant pullback of boost and timing as temperatures rise. A few German magazines have shown quick 0-100 and 100-200 km/h times, but sluggish times beyond this.

When EVOMS provided some data on their tuning, their oil and engine temps were fairly high...significantly more so than on the Mezger engine. I'm going to wager that proper ICs are going to make a very big impact on the DFI engine.
Hey Bob. I did not have the Dura hooked up during those runs.
It kinda happened in a somewhat impromptu fashion.
I will pm you to discuss what parameters to log with Dura that you may find useful for the community to have.

Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Karim, just wait until it's really broken in.
Hey bro! I am aware of what is being claimed. I heard some people are getting 3.1 Sec on stock PDKs after breaking them in.

You can think of the trials that I am doing here as our own Mythbusters series.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:58 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M275
Great data!

Would you happen to have any 0-300km times?
Thank you sir!

I was unable to get a 0-300 run this time. Wasn't able to find an empty stretch of road long enough for that.

Once my pal SpunkyQ8 decides to finally comes back from his trip overseas, he knows some deserted roads we can use.

I'll do the 0-300 runs and log all the data with PBOX and the Durametric data Bob wants.

Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
Karim .. Karim !!
this is finese by all means !
good work budd. all i can say "smile on my face" every time i see your posts , otherwise. totally speachless !
How are you my estranged brother?!!
Just hurry up and come back already. You're missing all the fun.
We need to hit some of the roads you were telling me about!

Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Keep running it 0-300 in 110+*F weather and it will get broken in REALLY fast.

Nice runs!
Thank you Neil.
I don't drive like that regularly bro.
Of the 500 Kms I put on her so far, these are the only runs that I really pushed her.
Think of it as scientific exploration for the advancement of my own pleasure brudder!

Old 06-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by TTdude
Superb data. Rep to you bro.
Thanks bro! Let me know if there are other parameters you'd like to see before my next runs and I'll try to log them for you.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Karim, congrats on your awesome vehicle and thanks for taking the time to post your data. Very impressive considering the heat. It's interesting to see how much difference the launch control method makes on the 0-60mph and 0-100mph times. If I'm not mistaken, these are similar to 997.1 times (non-launch control times you listed), but then again the times listed in the 997.1 were probably not in 40 plus degree C weather.
Thank you and you're very welcome. Sharing is caring bro!

You're absolutely right. To be honest, the non-launch control felt quick, but Lord, I swear I was not quite prepared for the violence using LC!
It took me by surprise and I was at the wheel!

Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Outstanding data but go easy, I don't want you to break your new baby.
Thanks bro. Should anything break, let it break before I start modding and I know they can't screw around with the warranty!

Old 06-05-2010, 07:50 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Thanks bro. Should anything break, let it break before I start modding and I know they can't screw around with the warranty!
You have a good point there! Just be safe at 300kph!

Tell Spunky I said he better look after you.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:43 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Very informative post

Old 06-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
Just saw the first page so don't know if this question was asked or not!

What were the Altitudes during testing? Would you happen to have humidity/moisture measurements? Finally what Octane Petrol are you using?

Can someone correct the times for sea level?

Old 06-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Just saw the first page so don't know if this question was asked or not!

What were the Altitudes during testing? Would you happen to have humidity/moisture measurements? Finally what Octane Petrol are you using?

Can someone correct the times for sea level?
Altitudes were almost sea level or near as makes no difference.
Octane was equivalent to US 93.
I did not measure humidity but I estimate it to be around 70% that day.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:30 PM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
pleasure to read the test, thanks.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:10 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Karim, did you datalog IATs or oil/engine temperatures?

Many have speculated that the slow 200-300 km/h times that we are seeing are due to significant pullback of boost and timing as temperatures rise. A few German magazines have shown quick 0-100 and 100-200 km/h times, but sluggish times beyond this.

When EVOMS provided some data on their tuning, their oil and engine temps were fairly high...significantly more so than on the Mezger engine. I'm going to wager that proper ICs are going to make a very big impact on the DFI engine.
thats absolutely a point
but we should also put in hands thats karim cars is still new he have put on her less than a 1000mile i believe that the engine needs to break in

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proof of the Pudding... My MY 2010 - 997.2 TT PDK PBOX Data Thread