997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Proof of the Pudding... My MY 2010 - 997.2 TT PDK PBOX Data Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 02:11 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
karim engine break in = in arabic we call it 5all et6ee7 el makeena !

Old 06-06-2010, 02:01 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Just got back home from a drive with a friend.
He called a friend of his on our who owns a heavily modded latest generation M5.
Headers, filters, free flow exhauster, pulleys, ECU, etc...
He claims to put down 560-580 HP to the wheels.

We went to my usual deserted strip of road with both cars.
My friend was riding with me (same as me, he weighs about 210 lbs), the other guy was slimmer and alone.

I proposed a standing start. He refused flat out.

We ended up with two starts, one at 80 KMPH (50 miles) and the other at 130 KMPH (80 miles).

I engaged Sport + for both runs.

The 80 KM (50 miles) run, we hit the gas together. Kept going to about 220 KM (137 miles).
I immediately jumped ahead and put about 2 bus lengths on him buy the end of the run! He stopped.

The second run at 130 (80 miles), he hit the gas by the second horn, not third. We kept going to 255KM (158 miles).
As he hit the gas before me, he pulled about a half a car length before I reacted. Once I floored, game over. By the end of the run, I had about 4 car lengths on him. He stopped.

Now that car mixes it up with Z06s , stock 997.1TTs, etc... and comes out ahead.

Loved the results !

Sorry about the lack of video. I did have my Hoyt HD cam with me but our friend asked me not film so I obliged out of respect for his wishes.
He didn't go into this bragging. He knew it would be tough for him. It was the first time he goes against the 997.2 TT. Will probably be the last!

Last edited by k_ddsl; 06-06-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:13 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
love the two busses length part congrats

Old 06-06-2010, 05:19 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
580 hp to the wheels with bolton mods? Hmmmmmmm

Old 06-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Mowateriology is infamous around these partsMowateriology is infamous around these parts
i would love to see how a stock ZO6 does with your TT!
that aside, remember to always BE SAFE man

Old 06-06-2010, 06:48 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Great story!!

Interested in what you get 0-300km/hr and 200-300km/hr when you can safely get them...

Old 06-06-2010, 06:58 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Karim,

We have a saying over here that you may not be familiar with, but you my friend, are the new sheriff in town.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:16 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Just got back home from a drive with a friend.
He called a friend of his on our who owns a heavily modded latest generation M5.
Headers, filters, free flow exhauster, pulleys, ECU, etc...
He claims to put down 560-580 HP to the wheels.

We went to my usual deserted strip of road with both cars.
My friend was riding with me (same as me, he weighs about 210 lbs), the other guy was slimmer and alone.

I proposed a standing start. He refused flat out.

We ended up with two starts, one at 80 KMPH (50 miles) and the other at 130 KMPH (80 miles).

I engaged Sport + for both runs.

The 80 KM (50 miles) run, we hit the gas together. Kept going to about 220 KM (137 miles).
I immediately jumped ahead and put about 2 bus lengths on him buy the end of the run! He stopped.

The second run at 130 (80 miles), he hit the gas by the second horn, not third. We kept going to 255KM (158 miles).
As he hit the gas before me, he pulled about a half a car length before I reacted. Once I floored, game over. By the end of the run, I had about 4 car lengths on him. He stopped.

Now that car mixes it up with Z06s , stock 997.1TTs, etc... and comes out ahead.

Loved the results !

Sorry about the lack of video. I did have my Hoyt HD cam with me but our friend asked me not film so I obliged out of respect for his wishes.
He didn't go into this bragging. He knew it would be tough for him. It was the first time he goes against the 997.2 TT. Will probably be the last!
Karim
Been following your threads and being late to the party, let me also say thank you for your detailed writeups.
But I have to say your friend had to have been blowing smoke up your posterior with this statement. The NA V10 in the E60 M5, while a fantastic motor, cannot, and will never put mid to high 500's to the wheels without addition of 1) NOS, 2) supercharger, 3) twin turbos. I haven't been following the latest and greatest for the M5 since I sold mine, but I think the Dinan and RD Sport strokers may put down low 500's.

I had every mod you listed (headers, pulley, ECU, exhaust, etc.) and the best I could muster on a dynojet (which are notoriously 'optimistic' in their readings) was 48x on a cold NY winter day.
M5 never had a chance. Now go find a real competitor...like a Veyron

Old 06-06-2010, 08:50 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
Karim
Been following your threads and being late to the party, let me also say thank you for your detailed writeups.
Thanks.

But I have to say your friend had to have been blowing smoke up your posterior with this statement.
Highly possible. Out here, this scene has been known to be less than perfectly transparent. Some guys swear that their cars are bone stock when they are modded to almost no OE part left, other make far bigger claims than what they truly have under the hood.
It's par for the course here.

Originally Posted by LUISGT3
580 hp to the wheels with bolton mods? Hmmmmmmm
The NA V10 in the E60 M5, while a fantastic motor, cannot, and will never put mid to high 500's to the wheels without addition of 1) NOS, 2) supercharger, 3) twin turbos. I haven't been following the latest and greatest for the M5 since I sold mine, but I think the Dinan and RD Sport strokers may put down low 500's.

I had every mod you listed (headers, pulley, ECU, exhaust, etc.) and the best I could muster on a dynojet (which are notoriously 'optimistic' in their readings) was 48x on a cold NY winter day.
M5 never had a chance. Now go find a real competitor...like a Veyron
BINGO!
I had a chat after reading your post with our common friend, the guy who was riding with me.

It turns out that the our man in the M5 has a big nitrous cylinder in the boot.
The cylinder is blue with a somewhat squared off top. It has a NOS label in the middle with the "S" shaped like a lightning bolt.
He also has what was described to me as an GIAC-style ECU program switcher but with a largish color LCD screen.

I don't have a clue how much added HP that brings to the table. Although I have owned a beamer once a long time ago, I never modded it. And I haven't followed up on BMWs for quite a while.

FInally, guys, I'm only relaying what the man said. I am not one make false claims. I have seen videos where the man went head to head with a stock .1TT and came out ahead, albeit, only just.

Now go find a real competitor...like a Veyron
I would take the right hand lane and let him pass peacefully out of respect for him, his car, and myself...

Last edited by k_ddsl; 06-06-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
love the two busses length part congrats
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Mowateriology
i would love to see how a stock ZO6 does with your TT!
that aside, remember to always BE SAFE man
It'll happen some day. Although, most Z06s here are hardly left stock.
And thanks. I will be safe.
The man with the M5 wanted to go for a third run to start at 180KMs but by that time, we had left the empty road and we started seeing some traffic so I declined.
I told him I'll be happy to oblige if we head back out to the empty road. He changed his mind.

Originally Posted by MBailey
Great story!!

Interested in what you get 0-300km/hr and 200-300km/hr when you can safely get them...
I will get the runs in soon. SpunkyQ8 will be back in town by next week and he will take me to a longer stretch of road that is totally empty. Will log the run with PBOX and post the results here.

Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Karim,

We have a saying over here that you may not be familiar with, but you my friend, are the new sheriff in town.
If only I remembered to leave my six shooters at home! Might have shaved a couple of points from my times.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Great effort as always Karim and good to hear you are out there giving it a proper go.
Hey btw you guys in Kuwait sure dont stuff about with any break in .
How many ks have got on it?

Old 06-06-2010, 11:20 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Karim,

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

If only I remembered to leave my six shooters at home! Might have shaved a couple of points from my times.
I see you know the saying. Keep your six shooters (and 6speed'ers) handy at all times pardner...and those must some BIG six shooters.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by speed21
Great effort as always Karim and good to hear you are out there giving it a proper go.
Hey btw you guys in Kuwait sure dont stuff about with any break in .
How many ks have got on it?
Hey bro! Thanks!
I have 1000 KMs on her now.

Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
I see you know the saying. Keep your six shooters (and 6speed'ers) handy at all times pardner...and those must some BIG six shooters.
I have the sixes disguised on the hips of the car. You might be fooled into believing they are side intakes... Guess again!

Old 07-01-2010, 07:53 PM
New Run with BMC Air Filter

Hi all,

Hooked up with SpunkyQ8 tonight and installed my BMC Air Filter.

The filter required sawing off the bottom central plastic "tongue" as I think Vivid sent me the 997.1 TT filter design. The .2 design has a smaller twin groove in the middle as opposed to the single one of the .1. No biggie as the filter has four other tongue and grooves, two each end, to fit in. Plu, there are four or five screws on top to hold it firmly in place.

At the beginning of this post, the car was 100% stock best run I had was 0-100 KPH @ 3.44 seconds and I was alone in the car.

The only mod with this latest run is the BMC Filter.

The PBox DBN file has been sent to Scott (divexxtreme) for verification.

Ambient temperatures were 35*C.

Here's the data:

Old 07-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
So thats fast Karim. Is my calc correct that your 130 to 200 time is 6.37 ?

Are you sure you arent feeding Shadowfax a staple diet of steroids??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proof of the Pudding... My MY 2010 - 997.2 TT PDK PBOX Data Thread