997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Proof of the Pudding... My MY 2010 - 997.2 TT PDK PBOX Data Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 10:10 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Proof of the Pudding... My MY 2010 - 997.2 TT PDK PBOX Data Thread

Humble greetings to all ,

I keep reading performance claims about our cars.
Many of which are endorsed by Dyno runs and PBOX data, while others are not.

Also, the majority of us add power kits in stages, one shot, without really capturing the incremental benefits of each individual item we install, without the others.

Most people here concur that dyno runs are of limited us.
That the real measure of benefit derived is actual on the road performance.

In an effort to gain better clarity for myself, and hopefully to benefit others in this, my home away from home, I decided to start this thread.

Unless my fellow 6speeders insist on dyno runs, I will only do PBOX captures. If you guys really want the dynos, I'll try to do that as well.

I will post PBOX runs with my car as stock, and then I will post runs with each individual component I add.
When feasible, I will also uninstall previous aftermarket components from the car when adding a new one and post runs with only the new component to try to isolate its benefits or lack thereof.

I also have the Durametric cable and software. If anyone is interested in particular info, I will be happy to log them.

Finally, I will also post some subjective driving impressions after each mod.

My current plans for mods are:
1- BMC Air Filter
2- Softronic Tune

Later, when I know it's PDK safe, I will add the Europipe exhaust.
Europipe are still in R&D (for the last several months!) for the 997.2 TT exhaust. Hopefully they will release it soon.

First runs were made today.
1- Car has now 500+ KMs
2- Car is still stock so these are baselines
3- I set the weight of the car in the PBOX settings as 1690 KG (3,726 lbs) which is the published Kerb weight of the car with all fluids and 90% fuel tank + my own weight.
(Before the wise cracks start, I know, I know, before adding lighter rims to shave weight, maybe I should start by dieting)
4- Ambient temperatures today were 45* Celsius (113* F)
5- PBOX is set to KMPH
6- Runs are in auto mode without using the flappy paddles

First two runs were in Normal Mode, just stomping on the gas pedal, PSM On.

Run 1 Graph:

Run 2 Graph:

Runs 1 & 2 Data, 0-200:

Runs 1 & 2 Data, 100-200:

A very funny thing happens in normal mode:
If you look at the graphs for both runs, between 1.7 sec and 1.9 sec, the wheels spin causing a shift change to second gear, but then the wheels settle back and first gear re-engages again. Happened both runs.

This third runs is in Sport + mode using launch control. PSM remains On.
Simply engage Sport + mode. Left foot brake, right foot to the metal, Launch Control lights up in the steering wheel LCD, side step the brake and hang on for dear life.

Launch Control Run, 0-200:

Launch Control Run, 100-200

The gear changes in this mode are rapid fire. Never felt anything like this in my life. Almost no wheel spin whatsoever, just one huge shove forward.
You feel like you've been flung off the starting line from the grandaddy of all catapults!

No wonder hardly anyone wants to mess with a PDK TT from rest.

In closing, I hope you find the above informative and I apologize for the long post.

Last edited by k_ddsl; 06-04-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Great info. Please send all raw .dbn files to me at divexxtreme@hotmail.co, so I can add them to the official list. Thanks!

Old 06-04-2010, 10:16 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Very nice...Good job...its good to have 997,2TT stock PDK times...

Old 06-04-2010, 10:24 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Nice post. Would you mind re-plotting your graph showing also the longitudinal g's?

Old 06-04-2010, 10:24 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Great info. Please send all raw .dbn files to me at divexxtreme@hotmail.co, so I can add them to the official list. Thanks!
Thanks Scott. DBN files are in your mailbox.

Originally Posted by skandalis447
Very nice...Good job...its good to have 997,2TT stock PDK times...
Thanks skandalis. I will do some more stock runs before beginning the mods.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by TTdude
Nice post. Would you mind re-plotting your graph showing also the longitudinal g's?
Thanks. First time user of PBOX. I'll try to see if they were captured and how to plot them.
Alternatively, Scott ^^^ now has my dbn files. I'll ask him to help me out if I don't succeed.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Figured it out. This is the third run with LC. Here ya go:

Last edited by k_ddsl; 06-04-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Great post! Rep coming your way....

Old 06-04-2010, 10:52 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
The PDK is a monster thanks for sharing!

Old 06-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Great post! Rep coming your way....
Thanks Tom!

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
The PDK is a monster thanks for sharing!
It is a monster! My pleasure mate!

Old 06-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Here are the verified graphs:

60-130 in 10.11 on a 0.7% decline, and...
1/4 mile in 11.47 @ 123.7

Great job, Karim! Those are outstanding numbers for a bone stock car in 113 degree heat!

I look forward to seeing your modded results.

Attached Images   
Old 06-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Here are the verified graphs:

60-130 in 10.11 on a 0.7% decline, and...
1/4 mile in 11.47 @ 123.7

Great job, Karim! Those are outstanding numbers for a bone stock car in 113 degree heat!

I look forward to seeing your modded results.
Thanks Scott.

I just did just the one run with Launch Control.

I plan on doing a couple more while the car is still stock. Perhaps at night with lower ambient temps. See if I can improve on those numbers.

As to the results after the mods, I can't wait to find out myself.
Overwhelming, underwhelming or in line with expectations?

Old 06-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Thanks Scott.

I just did just the one run with Launch Control.

I plan on doing a couple more while the car is still stock. Perhaps at night with lower ambient temps. See if I can improve on those numbers.

As to the results after the mods, I can't wait to find out myself.
Overwhelming, underwhelming or in line with expectations?
In 113 degree temps, I'd be very happy with those numbers if I were you. Those temps provide a HUGE impact on performance.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:15 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Karim, did you datalog IATs or oil/engine temperatures?

Many have speculated that the slow 200-300 km/h times that we are seeing are due to significant pullback of boost and timing as temperatures rise. A few German magazines have shown quick 0-100 and 100-200 km/h times, but sluggish times beyond this.

When EVOMS provided some data on their tuning, their oil and engine temps were fairly high...significantly more so than on the Mezger engine. I'm going to wager that proper ICs are going to make a very big impact on the DFI engine.

Last edited by bbywu; 06-04-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:13 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Karim, just wait until it's really broken in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proof of the Pudding... My MY 2010 - 997.2 TT PDK PBOX Data Thread