997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

$460 Oil Change at Paul Miller Porsche in NJ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:45 AM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
It's the whole "car cost more" so we can screw you on the servic charge! I love Poreche don't get me wrong but the gouging should stop at the manufacturer, should not continue to the dealer. Even when I'm making $2 Million a month on subscriptions there is no way in hell I will be paying that much.
I bring my own oil to the dealership and they charge me $12 for an oil change.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AlexM
Carousel Porsche in Minneapolis charges $136. Change your dealer.
For me $179 and $136 would both be fair amounts!

Wish Porsche would have put more thought into making it easier to change the oil and say for instance the spark plugs aswell!

Old 06-06-2010, 12:21 PM
knicks is infamous around these parts
+1. i got my first oil change on my c4s at paul miller but now i change it myself.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Old 06-06-2010, 12:49 PM
texas2904 has a reputation beyond reputetexas2904 has a reputation beyond reputetexas2904 has a reputation beyond reputetexas2904 has a reputation beyond reputetexas2904 has a reputation beyond reputetexas2904 has a reputation beyond reputetexas2904 has a reputation beyond reputetexas2904 has a reputation beyond reputetexas2904 has a reputation beyond reputetexas2904 has a reputation beyond reputetexas2904 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vaino
They didn't do any other work. The radiator still had a few large leaves in it. I'm going to speak to the service manager on Monday. Trade Commision laws are pretty strict in regards to publishing the cost of labor per hour, and the hours worked for the repair. Neither is on the reciept. Only the catch-all CP250
No kidding. If they didn't itemize everything, and they clearly didn't do anything more than change the oil, it wouldn't surprise me if they were breaking the law. They know this. Your next oil change will likely be free...

Old 06-06-2010, 04:20 PM
mjnsx07 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
For me $179 and $136 would both be fair amounts!

Wish Porsche would have put more thought into making it easier to change the oil and say for instance the spark plugs aswell!
Those price I can pay happily.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:11 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I've been happy with the level of service I've gotten from paul Miller bentley but I've heard loads of stories just like this from other PM customers

Old 06-06-2010, 07:04 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vaino
They didn't do any other work. The radiator still had a few large leaves in it. I'm going to speak to the service manager on Monday. Trade Commision laws are pretty strict in regards to publishing the cost of labor per hour, and the hours worked for the repair. Neither is on the reciept. Only the catch-all CP250
Many dealers work off a price per job sheet no matter how long it actually takes. The dealer is reimbursed for warranty work based on the same method. In this case, the Mfg sets the price per job.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:15 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dma550
I change the oil on my performance cars, but the honda and beemer get their $100 oil changes. I wonder if they could deny warranty if they did not do the service themselves and do any software resets necessary / stamp your warranty book?
No manufacturer can deny warranty based on the above. As long as you have proof that you are doing the maintenance according to the manufacturer schedule they cant say anything.

Originally Posted by robertp
The first oil change usually includes the front bumper removal and cleaning around the radiators. Newport Beach charges $600 for the first oil change.
BS if I ever heard it.... try just taking compressed air and blow it from your front wheel well out the front bumper, watch how much junk comes out, same goes for rear bumper air outlets to side inlets. This will take all of 5 min.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:43 AM
brmike22 is infamous around these parts
hmmmm.....

i've been to paul miller a few times for both warranty work and regular service and never had a bad experience.
the service writers are both solid guys. on more than one occasion, they've worked to get my and my turbo in and out quickly while i waited for it.
i've had a tech come out to talk to me about the car afterwards to explain what they did and why they did it.
i've called other dealers in NJ and there wasn't much of a price disparity(maybe 5%)
i can tell you for sure that ray catena, jack daniels and town motors won't give you any better service than you received at paul miller and their techs don't have near the same level of experience.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 AM
arzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brmike22
i've been to paul miller a few times for both warranty work and regular service and never had a bad experience.
the service writers are both solid guys. on more than one occasion, they've worked to get my and my turbo in and out quickly while i waited for it.
i've had a tech come out to talk to me about the car afterwards to explain what they did and why they did it.
i've called other dealers in NJ and there wasn't much of a price disparity(maybe 5%)
i can tell you for sure that ray catena, jack daniels and town motors won't give you any better service than you received at paul miller and their techs don't have near the same level of experience.
Did you read the OP's post? I'm glad you had a tech talk to you about the service you received...did you think they were doing you a favor or something?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:17 AM
brmike22 is infamous around these parts
yeah....actually i did!
i had a rattle, he found it, explained what was rattling, what was causing it then fixed it.
i now know how to fix it myself should that part loosen up in the future.
he could have just fixed it and moved on, then every time it started to rattle again, i'd have to waste an hour of my life driving back and forth to the dealership. instead he took 5 minutes out of his shift to go through it with me.
...but i guess you already know everything there is to know about cars/dealers/life, so me posting here won't help you much.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:53 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
$400 for an oil change? Holy crap.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Bro thats still a good price....I was Railed $900 for my 1 yr service. Will never go back to a Dealership PERIOD!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:59 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ This is completely contrary to everything I've heard from Porsche owners (when comparing dealer pricing for routine maintenance).

I've only owned a C2 out of warranty, so I had my work done by a local shop (who also works on my current car), so I have little basis of comparison.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:33 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
My dealer charges $290 for oil and filter. Took to my indy for $180.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $460 Oil Change at Paul Miller Porsche in NJ