997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

$460 Oil Change at Paul Miller Porsche in NJ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:03 AM
arzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brmike22
yeah....actually i did!
i had a rattle, he found it, explained what was rattling, what was causing it then fixed it.
i now know how to fix it myself should that part loosen up in the future.
he could have just fixed it and moved on, then every time it started to rattle again, i'd have to waste an hour of my life driving back and forth to the dealership. instead he took 5 minutes out of his shift to go through it with me.
...but i guess you already know everything there is to know about cars/dealers/life, so me posting here won't help you much.
Good assumption.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Buy yourself a Oil Filter Wrench & Do it yourself. A oil Change wont cost more than $100 including your filter. my .02

Old 06-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
or buy a Toyota camry and be happy...

Old 06-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Vaino has a spectacular aura aboutVaino has a spectacular aura about
Happy to work myself. I just felt the charge was inappropriate to the work performed. Its like going to a Starbuck and paying fifty bucks for a Coffee Americano. A Porsche dealer should charge according to the work performed. An oil change is not a multiple hour event in a 997 Turbo. Sadly, I have taken my Audi S4 Avant to PM in the past, and it was a royal pain to change oil, with all the under belly pans, and the filter in an terrible location. It too took a high grade/cost synthetic oil, and the total was a quarter of this.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:43 PM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vaino
A Porsche dealer should charge according to the work performed.
*bingo*

I feel this is universal. If it takes me 15 minutes to fix a customer's issue, I charge them for 15 minutes. I hate contractors that overcharge with this in mind as well.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
I am getting the 20k service on my turbo for $250.00, you got boned without the courtesy of a reach around. But then again I got a service from my GM dealer for my Z06 with 8k miles for a 1k. But I got all the fluids changed and a alignment, so I know your pain.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:50 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I take the oil and filter to my independent tech and he charges me $54 for the labor.

Dealers are stealers. This one had his fun and used sandy Vaseline too.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:53 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
There is a indy shop around here that only charges $129 for the change with oem filter! Sorry to hear that!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:34 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by landjet
I take the oil and filter to my independent tech and he charges me $54 for the labor.

Dealers are stealers. This one had his fun and used sandy Vaseline too.
At $460 it doesn't sound like the dealer even bothered with the Vaseline.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:37 PM
petros600 is infamous around these parts
i never had bad experience with their service Dept(Paul Miller). I be going there since 2004.
Did you buy the car from there? If you did, you be getting coupon s for $200 oil change special every quarter/6 months.
Talk to them and let us know the outcome cause now i will be more careful taking my car to their shop. There is an indy shop couple

Old 06-11-2010, 10:19 PM
BCNeil is a splendid one to beholdBCNeil is a splendid one to beholdBCNeil is a splendid one to beholdBCNeil is a splendid one to beholdBCNeil is a splendid one to beholdBCNeil is a splendid one to beholdBCNeil is a splendid one to behold
I always make sure of price before the jobs starts.
Even get them to break it down, and tell me how long it is suppose to take.

Dealers can also treat different people different.
Had a Toyota and the deal was always great to me.
GF went once and they tried to charge her 4 hours to mount and install snowtires. Then acted like it was a big mistake when I showed up.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:15 AM
bhg480 is infamous around these parts
what dealer on LI had the coupons? I bought my car from Porsche of Roslyn

Old 06-12-2010, 06:45 AM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
Wow sad story...but what else were you expecting from a dealer. Very rare do dealers charge fairly or accordingly. Honda and Toyota dealers are no better. Lesson learned here is that one should always ask "how much". If some idiot pulls out the line"if you have to ask"...shoot him please..lol.
IMO that line was created by a sleazy salesperson of some sort, to play on people's emotions.

Always ask "how much"

but fwiw to the original OP...we've all been there at one point or another brother...

Fight for a response on their pricing...good luck

Old 06-12-2010, 07:15 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bhg480
what dealer on LI had the coupons? I bought my car from Porsche of Roslyn
Huntington sent out coupons for 1/2 off oil change (and something else I didn't need that I can't remember). this was for a "one weekend special" and when I called they were booked. They allowed me to use the coupon for another day. I still have a 2nd 1/2 off oil change coming to me.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:56 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I purchased the oil filter tool after two dealership oil changes. I have performed 8 oil changes over 9200 miles and the cost savings is huge. I still get the parts from the dealership and drain the turbos every time I change the oil. Also change the air filter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $460 Oil Change at Paul Miller Porsche in NJ