997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Jut got my Sachs Organic Clutch Kit Stage 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 05:36 AM
omarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of light
Jut got my Sachs Organic Clutch Kit Stage 2

Hi All ,

As what the title said , i just recived my new Sachs Stage 2 Organic clutch for my 997 turbo. it was orderd from Vividracing with a price tag of 1850 $ .
it was packed safely and must say this clutch looks of high quality .

Now ! i asked my dealer if he can install it for me and he said sure ... but it will take my gearbox out of warranty . i know that sachs is approved by porsche and thy know that , so if its approved why dos it take the gearbox out of warranty ?

also thy said it takes 11 houers to install , dos that sound ok ?

below you will find some pics , i will write more after i install it and use it .

Thanks

Omar

Attached Images      

Last edited by omarv6; 06-10-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:38 AM
omarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of light
more pics .

Attached Images     
Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 AM
GT-Silver is infamous around these partsGT-Silver is infamous around these parts
Hi, did you get a lwfw with that ?

Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
The dealer will always tell you that anything that is not a Porsche genuine part can void your warranty.

It seems that 8-10 hours of labor is the usual going rate for a clutch install job.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I paid $2000 for my clutch to be installed at the dealership and that included new trans oil and engine oil changes. The dealership in Newport Beach told me that the tranny would still be included under warranty if I let them do the work. It took the tech 4 hours to install because that is what he does all day long. I like the fact that the guy who performed the task was good at what he does. My clutch is a carbonetics triple disk with a LWFW.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:56 AM
thank you all .

Old 06-13-2010, 06:14 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by omarv6
Hi All ,

As what the title said , i just recived my new Sachs Stage 2 Organic clutch for my 997 turbo. it was orderd from Vividracing with a price tag of 1850 $ .
it was packed safely and must say this clutch looks of high quality .

Now ! i asked my dealer if he can install it for me and he said sure ... but it will take my gearbox out of warranty . i know that sachs is approved by porsche and thy know that , so if its approved why dos it take the gearbox out of warranty ?

also thy said it takes 11 houers to install , dos that sound ok ?

below you will find some pics , i will write more after i install it and use it .

Thanks

Omar
Did they say why it takes 11 hours to do? Did you ask what is the exact procedure?

Im very keen to know if it feels the same as the original clutch.

Im thinking of doing one myself soon.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:21 AM
Not really, I didn’t go into details.<O</O
I will update you all when it’s installed.
<O</O
<O</O
Thanks <O</O
<O</O
Omar

Old 06-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by omarv6
Not really, I didn’t go into details.<O</O
I will update you all when it’s installed.
<O</O
<O</O
Thanks <O</O
<O</O
Omar
Thanks Omar. If you can find out the install details that'd be great.

The price for an install like this out here at my P dealer would be a telephone number.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:59 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
Omar, how does it feel compared to stock?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
Sachs makes an AWEsome clutch kit lol.
I once purchased a custom SPEC because of a good "deal"...no comparison.

SACHS stage 2 is a great mod street setup. If you know how to work your foot it should last you a while too..