997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 GT3 RS front fender flares

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
997.2 GT RS front fender flares

Do you ever thought buy it with the side markers and installing in your turbo?

And will the fitment be too off when if trying to mount the GT2 RS front spoiler in a turbo bumper?

Last edited by Tiago; 06-10-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:35 AM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
Looks like you'd need to change the front bumper also.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Or just a little work to the end of the fender flare near to the front spoiler. It is even easier job than the 07-09 rear bumper modification to accept the 10 leds taillights.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:18 PM
997CarreraS is infamous around these parts
How about putting the GT2RS rear wing on a Turbo? is thaht just a rear lid change?

Old 06-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Yes, but i guess that it will be such a expensive upgrade to even think about it. My bet is plus $4K. If i was looking for a wing, the Techart Type 1 would be the one (oe aerokit design but with lift function).

Old 06-11-2010, 02:45 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Not too sure why putting it on... it kinda looks cheap to me (but thats just my opinion) And if you want to squeeze 245 rubber under the front, it is entirely possible to do without the fender extensions.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
They look bad....cheap. Not a good P car look and the worst thing about the entire car. Trying to replicate that look is a huge mistake. What are you thinking?? They only stuck those horrible things on because they still have to work within the envelope of the current 997 body and that new front track doesnt fit under the gaurds. The 991 body will pump the gaurds out properly.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:12 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I'm not a fan of the add on extension - looks like my Z71 pickup truck. If you want to flare the fenders, a cleaner option is the GMG World Challenge flared fenders

Old 06-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Sorry guys but i actually like. It seems odd most of you don't liked when i always thought to be a conservative person about aesthetic mods. But i will do it, if the part has a acceptable price.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:36 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I have to say that I'm another that doesn't like it. Seems more like an afterthought to me. The taillights were worth the upgrade, these to me, are not worth $4k.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:01 AM
j09333 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tiago
Sorry guys but i actually like. It seems odd most of you don't liked when i always thought to be a conservative person about aesthetic mods. But i will do it, if the part has a acceptable price.

I like it too and want to know what is needed to be done. I for one would consider for my 997.2 TT

Old 06-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
just get rsr fenders and call it a day. im doing it well seee how it looks

Old 06-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by gt2urbo
just get rsr fenders and call it a day. im doing it well seee how it looks
Now that is something that i would never do in a street car, even if i had a extremelly high amount of money to burn. Race cars body kits have a huge lack in finish quality and smooth lines. The propose for those kits are: lightweight, downforce, cooling ability and room for wide axles and big tires. So no need to waste money for a perfect finish when has a high probability to get damaged with contact with other cars, walls, barriers, gravel, sand, rocks...

I like things more subtle with excelent finish in a way that when the people look at it think that it came out like that from factory. If i don't like it painted and mounted, it can be molded to the fenders for a cleaner look. But the black color is the best to hide gaps and body extensions lines. And i don't what to run wider tires at front, just thinking about the extensions and 10-15mm spacers.

Last edited by Tiago; 06-13-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tiago
Now that is something that i would never do in a street car, even if i had a extremelly high amount of money to burn. Race cars body kits have a huge lack in finish quality and smooth lines. The propose for those kits are: lightweight, downforce, cooling ability and room for wide axles and big tires. So no need to waste money for a perfect finish when has a high probability to get damaged with contact with other cars, walls, barriers, gravel, sand, rocks...

I like things more subtle with excelent finish in a way that when the people look at it think that it came out like that from factory. If i don't like it painted and mounted, it can be molded to the fenders for a cleaner look. But the black color is the best to hide gaps and body extensions lines. And i don't what to run wider tires at front, just thinking about the extensions and 10-15mm spacers.

Using big spacers on the front of a rear wheel drive car is unwise. Moving the tire contact patch radically outward will significantly change the "scrub radius" of the front suspension.
This can have negative impact on vehicle handling, induce asymmetric braking and can induce bump steer; all bad things.
Porsche spent a lot of money and energy developing a front suspension that works very well in a car with pronounced rear weight bias. Most suspension engineers recommend great care be used in changing scrub radius, especially if you participate in track events or spirited street driving.
For more about scrub radius, do a Yahoo search on the term. You can start here: http://www.cdxetextbook.com/steersus...rubradius.html

Old 06-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
who said i was using spacers lol. i have ccw rims 1 inch wider. ohh i guess i didnt mention im making it into a gt2 class car lol. its nt a street car .