997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official APR Tuned 997TT FAQ Thread......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTdude
Anyone with 60-130 Pbox data can extract 100-200 km/h times for comparison. So please don't let the 60-130 parameter dissuade you from posting. Besides with stock rev limit, you can evidently hit 129.4 or something like that. We can all re-plot our data to compare with whatever upper limit you can hit. Matt said he can do whatever run we request. Please don't start making excuses before you even try!
lol me make excuses never man. I will run whatever run you want. I was just let down the other night when I was doing 60-130 runs and it wouldn't go. I even tried banging the rev limiter for a sec in 4th hoping it might hit 130.0. I will tell you the guy that ran 6.49 on stock turbos is damn fast, i just don't think the 997tt with basic bolt on's will do it. when my 996 was traping 135 i was going like 6.2's. Anyone know the fastest stock turbo 997 60-130?

Chris Green

Last edited by Chris Green@USP; 06-11-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speed21
I dont believe APR can be compared with expert tuners such as Protomotive, Evomsit, Giac and others that offer the exclusive level of expertise and service that they do.
I think you've been misinformed here.. APR has a staff of engineers and tuners probably as big as all of those companies you just mentioned combined. Do a little research on them first.. http://www.goapr.com/company/ . The reason you may think this is because they are not very active in the Porsche community.. this is because most of their efforts and time is taken by the VW and Audi community, where they are the largest tuner in that industry. Make no mistake though, their development team did not cut corners on this 997 tune. More on APR.. http://www.goapr.com/race/

Old 06-11-2010, 10:58 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris [EMAIL="Green@USP;2871487"
Green@USP;2871487[/EMAIL]] I will tell you the guy that ran 6.49 on stock turbos is damn fast, i just don't think the 997tt with basic bolt on's will do it. when my 996 was traping 135 i was going like 6.2's.

Chris Green
I think that was the feeling many 6speeders expressed but it's apparently a verified time.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:05 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris Green@USP
lol me make excuses never man. I will run whatever run you want. I was just let down the other night when I was doing 60-130 runs and it wouldn't go. I even tried banging the rev limiter for a sec in 4th hoping it might hit 130.0. I will tell you the guy that ran 6.49 on stock turbos is damn fast, i just don't think the 997tt with basic bolt on's will do it. when my 996 was traping 135 i was going like 6.2's. Anyone know the fastest stock turbo 997 60-130?

Chris Green
I like your enthusiasm! 6.49 is really damn fast for stock turbos and only 1 bar of boost. He also posted a 5.5 for 100-200 km/h for comparison. I'm curious what a 6speed would do with the same set of mods and APR flash. You can find my results posted here for comparison.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Speed21

I just finished the dyno this morning on 997TT this morning. You will see from the dyno results from an independent shop why APR's software is worth the extra $500. If you think those brands you listed above are experts wait till you see what APR has done.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Speed21

Keith emailed me again in response to the questions I could not answer. I will post these first and then the Dyno graph from this morning at the same time.

Needless to say our car made over 200 ft pounds of torque over the stock programming and 100+ horsepower.

This was all done in just third gear!!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Banned
Robin@EPL is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew

Needless to say our car made over 200 ft pounds of torque over the stock programming
Matt-- do you have much experience with dynamometers? A result like that is an outlier... I'm curious as to the type of dyno and the controlled test procedure performed.

I'd love to see a sheet showing 200lb/ft+

Last edited by Robin@EPL; 06-11-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Site Sponsor
Uploading it to flikr now.

All runs today were done with

Tubi Race Exhaust (no cats)
100 octane Fuel
BMC Air Filter
20" 360 Forged Wheels
Everythign else is stock

The programs we test were

Stock OEM Programming w/100 fuel in the car and race exhaust
APR 93 Octane Performance Programming w/100 octane fuel in the car race exhaust
APR 100 Octane Performance Programming w/100 octane fuel in the car race exhaust

Old 06-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Site Sponsor
Ok Guy's Keith's answers are up from APR.

Dyno graphs are next. Just waiting for all the individual ones.

Keep in mind also, nothing was corrected today. We simply drove the car to the dyno, strapped it down and printed out the numbers afterwards.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Ok Guy's Keith's answers are up from APR.

Dyno graphs are next. Just waiting for all the individual ones.

Keep in mind also, nothing was corrected today. We simply drove the car to the dyno, strapped it down and printed out the numbers afterwards.
Interesting comment. You get everyone excited by posting over 200 ft-lbs of torque and then say nothing was corrected, Geeez

Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Site Sponsor
I'm working on my timeline here so everyone knows exactly what happened and when it happened and what the conditions were.

The dyno numbers from testing the car with the OEM file w/100 octane and race exhaust vs APR 100 oct file with race exhaust and 100 oct there was well over 200 ft lbs increase between the two dyno tests. Now keep in mind we dynoed the stock file last and the 100oct file first not intentionally but we did leave about 10-20 minutes in between each run but at the same time it had 100 octane and a performance exhaust.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Site Sponsor
Ok so since I'm still waiting on all the individual dynos we did with their time on them as well I will just post this one that I have here. Its a comparison graph showing our first pull of the morning and our last pull.

Temperature on the dyno was 94-95 degrees. Humidity was 60%

First Pull - APR100OCT File, Tubi Race Exhaust, 100 oct fuel.

VS

Last Pull - OEM Porsche File - Tubi Race, 100 Oct Fuel in the tank

Old 06-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor
Ok so since I'm still waiting on all the individual dynos we did with their time on them as well I will just post this one that I have here. Its a comparison graph showing our first pull of the morning and our last pull.

Temperature on the dyno was 94-95 degrees. Humidity was 60%

First Pull - APR100OCT File, Tubi Race Exhaust, 100 oct fuel.

VS

Last Pull - OEM Porsche File - Tubi Race, 100 Oct Fuel in the tank

no pump gas pulls?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Site Sponsor
We did a 93 octane program pull with 100 octane in the tank. Thats the closest we got.

He doesn't run anything less than a 100 in the car at all times. Its only a few bucks more per gallon for a lot more power.

I have another car hopefully I can get it flashed today and dynoed on Monday with 93 octane.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned
Robin@EPL is infamous around these parts
Even subtracting a generous 20hp for the Tubi, we're still around 470. 10hp drivetrain loss? Can you explain to me how a car rated at 480hp at the crank is making almost 500hp at the wheels? I'd really like to see realistic numbers on pump fuel. These just don't add up...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official APR Tuned 997TT FAQ Thread......