997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official APR Tuned 997TT FAQ Thread......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:15 PM
GTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura about
huh

which car is rated at 480 at the crank???

If I remember correctly there should be an EVOMS baseline dyno as well that was near 500 hp at the wheel stock.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned
Robin@EPL is infamous around these parts
Sorry, I misspoke. 480PS which is 470HP. Which only makes these results stranger...

Old 06-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Robin,

What dyno did you use to get 470 stock hp?

We did have a 100 octane in the car and to say the tubi is only good for 20hp is not really accurate more an assumption. It could be 23 or 24 and the extra 5 or 6 hp came from the octane and the BMC filter assuming you used the same dyno we did. The car also has been running 100 oct for the last 5 thousand miles so it's definately also 100% adapted to it.

At no time did we alter the dyno graph or the dyno in between runs. We used APR's program switching capabilities through their cruise to change the programs in between runs and that was it.

But still at the end of the day what the car dynos stock doesn't matter as long as we used the same dyno to measure the APR programs. So at the end of the day even though they maybe hard to believe they are were all measured on the same playing field.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Robin one more thing, I'm from CT, I consider Fairfield my home town. Can I come by and get a shop tour Tuesday the 22nd of June sometime in the morning? I would love to meet you and the staff. I will be in town visiting some family who still live in the area.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by GTsilver2010
which car is rated at 480 at the crank???

If I remember correctly there should be an EVOMS baseline dyno as well that was near 500 hp at the wheel stock.
Its a known fact that some manufacturers have had the tendency to post power numbers lower than what they actually are.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Robin,

What dyno did you use to get 470 stock hp?

We did have a 100 octane in the car and to say the tubi is only good for 20hp is not really accurate more an assumption. It could be 23 or 24 and the extra 5 or 6 hp came from the octane and the BMC filter assuming you used the same dyno we did. The car also has been running 100 oct for the last 5 thousand miles so it's definately also 100% adapted to it.

At no time did we alter the dyno graph or the dyno in between runs. We used APR's program switching capabilities through their cruise to change the programs in between runs and that was it.

But still at the end of the day what the car dynos stock doesn't matter as long as we used the same dyno to measure the APR programs. So at the end of the day even though they maybe hard to believe they are were all measured on the same playing field.

Matt, Robin is not saying he made 470 stock he means your stock dyno is showing 470+ on stock mode. I think on tony's AWD dyno they made 410whp stock which is about right. IMO what it dyno's stock has a lot to do with what it makes in chipped mode. I could care a less about dyno numbers its all about how much real estate you gain in the process.

Chris Green

Old 06-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Site Sponsor
I couldn't agree more Chris, but the people have spoken and they wanted to see an independent dyno test of stock, 93, and 100. All I could offer today was deliver a deliver all three of those settings dynoed with tubi race and 100 fuel.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
I couldn't agree more Chris, but the people have spoken and they wanted to see an independent dyno test of stock, 93, and 100. All I could offer today was deliver a deliver all three of those settings dynoed with tubi race and 100 fuel.
did you post up the 93oct with 100oct in tank? i thought I only saw 100oct and stock.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Site Sponsor
I just got all the individuals and finished saving them to my desktop. Loading to flikr now.

I'm about to set up an appt next week for a car with 200 cell cats and 93 octane.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Banned
Robin@EPL is infamous around these parts
You're correct, Chris. I agree with you about numbers being unimportant, but if the stock number is 25% higher, than the gains will be more exaggerated as well. I'm simply astonished by a 200ft/lb gain, and wouldn't consider it a basis to market a product to an end user.

I always like to quote conservatively, so that when the customer goes and dynos elsewhere, he'll be nicely surprised rather than disappointed.

Matt, we're in Stratford down by Sikorsky airport... you are more than welcome to come by on the 22nd and we'll give you the nickel tour!

Old 06-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Site Sponsor
Robin

Thanks, I will give you a call the day before. My sister is graduating Trumbull High so your just a few more exits up from them on the Merritt.

Please note that I don't plan on advertising the APR software on these numbers at all because you can't relay HP numbers to the actual driving experience. The the dyno numbers do show the client is where they expect to feel their power and that their dyno graph shows a great tune for the client who likes power down low and stays pretty strong through the entire RPM range of the vehicle. If the customer is local, it makes it a lot easier because I can flash the car on the spot or set up an appt to ride in 5 different cars at any given time during the week or weekend.

Do you own a 997T?

If you want I could bring my laptop with me and flash it on the spot let you go for spin and test it for yourself. Or I would could send you out our laptop Monday and down load it sooner. Shouldn't take much more than 30 minutes or so. No need to email me any files. They are stored on APR's server which you connect to through the internet.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:47 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Why don't your tq and hp values cross at 5250? This to me raises questions about the validity of the data.

Ok so since I'm still waiting on all the individual dynos we did with their time on them as well I will just post this one that I have here. Its a comparison graph showing our first pull of the morning and our last pull.

Temperature on the dyno was 94-95 degrees. Humidity was 60%

First Pull - APR100OCT File, Tubi Race Exhaust, 100 oct fuel.

VS

Last Pull - OEM Porsche File - Tubi Race, 100 Oct Fuel in the tank

Old 06-11-2010, 04:53 PM
dsswain is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TTdude
Why don't your tq and hp values cross at 5250? This to me raises questions about the validity of the data.
.......they do (if they are on the same scale).

This to me raises questions about the validity of your posts.

Last edited by dsswain; 06-11-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Site Sponsor
TTDude and To whom else this may concern,

Because our dyno graph's hp and tq values don't cross at 5250rpms literally have nothing to do with the validity of the dyno results from this morning. The software that older dynos that were made ten years ago or older would always cross at 5250 and it had nothing to do with the car or the shops that owned these dynos and the fact that it was the software that they were running on and how they created the charts. The question of why 3sx's 4 year old machine doesn't make the values cross at 5250rpms should be directed to the manufacture of Superflow Dynos and their software engineers that they run on. I seriously just found out about 3sx yesterday, they had an appointment open for today, I called my client last night and we drove up there this morning. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point besides book a flight to every 6speedmembers city and flash their cars on the spot so they can try it for free right then and there.

If your seriously interested enough in ARP's software to doubt their claims and my independent results, how about you let me send you our laptop free of charge, you can try the software for 6 hours free of charge or pay $2500 for the software and try it risk free for 30days and you can do your own testing. I have several laptops standing by ready to be sent out so everyone can try it. At the end of the 30 day trial if you dont like it I will give you your money back or buy you software from any brand of your choice and credit you any difference in price.

I will continue to run whatever tests anyone wants me to but at the end of the day you need to get behind the wheel of an APR Flashed 997T to really feel the difference between theirs and everyone elses. We have even gone to great lengths to offer a special group rate price on the software as long as we can get 5 cars flashed. I already have one lined up so we actually only need 4 more.

This car we have lined up next week is running a speedART exhaust and runs primarily 93 octane. We will be putting this car on the dyno as well.

Anyone else that wishes to purchase the software for $2500 as part of the group rate I will also offer to credit you the difference up to $150 if you have your car dyno tested by your local dyno of your choice.

Just don't question the brand or my independent results until you've tried it and tested it yourself. There isn't a sponsor on this forum that has been in business longer than GMP so if you can trust anyone its us

Old 06-11-2010, 05:53 PM
leousm is infamous around these parts
Just wanted to comment that 3SX Performance is a well respected vendor and tuner in the Mitsubishi 3000GT / Dodge Stealth community.

Throwing this out there in case anyone thought this was some sketchy shop they dyno'ed at

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official APR Tuned 997TT FAQ Thread......