997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Would you consider a 997tt with rear damage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:37 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
I was rear-ended in one of my 300ZX TT's and even after the repair I had a mental thing about it. It plagued me that something might not be perfect and after 4 months I bought a new one. You don't want 2nd thoughts in a car that costs this much and that wants to be driven hard. It will play on your mind after awhile.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:48 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Asking $90,000 sold for $83,000(well not anymore). Car is on cars.com

Last edited by SonicKrack; 06-11-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:52 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Gotcha. I think there are alot of nicely optioned 2007's available so be picky certainly. I would not have pulled the trigger on that one even if it was $75K. Are you planning on modding the car?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:57 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Any history of body work (especially rear damage) will cause you a ton of grief when you decide to sell the car. And this is assuming that everything was repaired to original spec, as minor things may lurk and become apparent over time. Be patient and find the perfect car.
-Getz

Old 06-11-2010, 08:57 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
I took this one of my list the moment I saw the collision word on the Porsche service record. I wanted to see what other opinions are out there about "injured" 997tts .

Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Well, guys we'll pick this up tomorrow as I need to get home

Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
Asking $90,000 sold for $83,000(well not anymore). Car is on cars.com
You mean it's up for sale again so quickly?!?

Old 06-12-2010, 08:22 AM
The car was sold to me(they took my offer via email correspondence), before seeing the service records. After learning about the collision I took my offer back with a short but to the point explanation. Yes the car is still for sale as far as I am concerned. What troubles me more is the fact that the incident did not appear on Carfax or Autocheck... It is listed as "Maintenance Inspection", so that much about trusting these organizations.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Check out this newcomer:

$79,500 (obo)

<TABLE id=vehicleListBox cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vehicleColumn vAlign=top>Mileage: 17,000
Body Style: Coupe
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Black
VIN: WP0AD29907S785446
</TD><TD class=vehicleColumn vAlign=top>Engine: 6 Cylinders
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: AWD
Doors: 2
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Features: A/C: Front, A/C: Rear, Cruise Control, Navigation System, Power Locks, Power Steering, Remote Keyless Entry, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Memory Seats, Power Seats, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Airbag: Side, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, Fog Lights, CD Player, Premium Sound, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Rear Window Wiper, Tinted Glass, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof/Moonroof
<SCRIPT> var featuresElement = document.getElementById("vehicleFeaturesBox"); var featuresFull = "Features: A/C: Front, A/C: Rear, Cruise Control, Navigation System, Power Locks, Power Steering, Remote Keyless Entry, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Memory Seats, Power Seats, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Airbag: Side, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, Fog Lights, CD Player, Premium Sound, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Rear Window Wiper, Tinted Glass, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof/Moonroof\n Hide Additional Features" var truncate = "" + featuresFull.match(/.{1,411}\s/); var featuresTrunc = truncate.replace(/,*\s*$/,'') + ""; toggleText(featuresElement, featuresTrunc);</SCRIPT><TABLE id=vehicleListBox cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=vehicleColumn vAlign=top colSpan=2>Seller's Notes: Black 2DR Coupe, 17000 Miles, Automatic Transmission, AWD, 6 Cylinders,
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=vehicleColumn vAlign=top colSpan=2>Condition: Excellent Condition- Babied!

Old 06-12-2010, 09:26 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Get a good inspection by someone you can trust and go from there.i if it checks out I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:46 AM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Check out this newcomer:

$79,500 (obo)

<TABLE id=vehicleListBox cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vehicleColumn vAlign=top>Mileage: 17,000
Body Style: Coupe
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Black
VIN: WP0AD29907S785446

</TD><TD class=vehicleColumn vAlign=top>Engine: 6 Cylinders
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: AWD
Doors: 2

Features: A/C: Front, A/C: Rear, Cruise Control, Navigation System, Power Locks, Power Steering, Remote Keyless Entry, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Memory Seats, Power Seats, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Airbag: Side, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, Fog Lights, CD Player, Premium Sound, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Rear Window Wiper, Tinted Glass, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof/Moonroof
<SCRIPT> var featuresElement = document.getElementById("vehicleFeaturesBox"); var featuresFull = "Features: A/C: Front, A/C: Rear, Cruise Control, Navigation System, Power Locks, Power Steering, Remote Keyless Entry, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Memory Seats, Power Seats, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Airbag: Side, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, Fog Lights, CD Player, Premium Sound, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Rear Window Wiper, Tinted Glass, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof/Moonroof\n Hide Additional Features" var truncate = "" + featuresFull.match(/.{1,411}\s/); var featuresTrunc = truncate.replace(/,*\s*$/,'') + ""; toggleText(featuresElement, featuresTrunc);</SCRIPT><TABLE id=vehicleListBox cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vehicleColumn vAlign=top colSpan=2>Seller's Notes: Black 2DR Coupe, 17000 Miles, Automatic Transmission, AWD, 6 Cylinders,

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vehicleColumn vAlign=top colSpan=2>Condition: Excellent Condition- Babied!

I really like the black wheels.
-Getz

Old 06-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Ruf,

Is it possible that the black wheels came from Porsche? According to the owner, they are OEM.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:00 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
These look like the OEM Turbo wheels.
Porsche gives you the option to paint them in exterior color.
So yes, they may indeed be OEM.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:38 PM
According to the seller:

"My car to be certified would require me to take off the black wheels and replace them with the 6000 less expensive non powder coated OEM wheels, I did consider that option."

Not sure what he means... don't believe non powder coated OEM wheels cost $6000 less

Old 06-12-2010, 02:41 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
According to the seller:

"My car to be certified would require me to take off the black wheels and replace them with the 6000 less expensive non powder coated OEM wheels, I did consider that option."

Not sure what he means... don't believe non powder coated OEM wheels cost $6000 less
Eh? First off, those are OEM (or at least OEM-style) wheels in black. Second, if he paid 6000 ON TOP of the cost of OEM wheels for those things, he got ripped off.
Are you sure this car even exists? Seller already sounds fishy to me.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would you consider a 997tt with rear damage?