997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Which exhaust for 997.2 Turbo 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
C2SNerves is infamous around these partsC2SNerves is infamous around these parts
as mentioned before..frorm what i have seen, cargraphic leaves carbon build up on exhaust tips of the DFI 997.2tt.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:40 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
Fabspeed also offers a sportexhaust for the 997.2 Turbo ( + 35whp ) as well as Cargraphic ( +25 hp )

Old 09-11-2010, 03:10 PM
C2SNerves is infamous around these partsC2SNerves is infamous around these parts
any first hand experience with the new arkapovic for 997.2tt??
they mentioned on their website that an ECU mod is necessary to avoid "engine check light" warnings!? is that necessary with other exhausts we have been discussing like EP and CG?

Old 09-11-2010, 03:29 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
According to them, they said it is necessary with their 100 cell cats but said no problem with 200 cell cats.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:24 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
just chiming in since u seemed interested in GMG and didnt know them... I have had them do some work on my audi rs4 suspension(fixed a prob another shop couldnt figure out, and did it in 1 test drive)...and know others who have dealt with them...they run a very tight ship...clean shop, filled with P-cars all over...lots of socal porsche owners go there.

only bad thing i have ever heard about them and have experience is sometimes they dont get back to you...im pretty sure thats cause they are damn busy all the time, between racing and work. But work is top notch for sure

Old 09-11-2010, 07:57 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C2SNerves
they mentioned on their website that an ECU mod is necessary to avoid "engine check light" warnings!? is that necessary with other exhausts we have been discussing like EP and CG?
ECU tune is a must for our cars after the exhaust swap bro. Reason is that the .2TT backpressure is controled by the ecu. Therefor, no matter how much restriction u have took off/ metals shaved u won't see any noticble diffrence until u hand it over to a tuner. k_dssl and i are in this together he is in lebanon at the moment shoot him a PM i'm pretty sure he'll be more than happy to advice, since the guy has got tons of experience and done lots of research in this specific section ..

Regards,

Old 09-11-2010, 11:51 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C2SNerves
Hey bro,

Although Europipe uses 100 cell cats in their exhausts, their cats will not cause a check engine light to pop up. You will not need a tune for that purpose. You can run the Europipe and not have to worry about tuning your car, if that's a concern for you.

Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
ECU tune is a must for our cars after the exhaust swap bro. Reason is that the .2TT backpressure is controled by the ecu. Therefor, no matter how much restriction u have took off/ metals shaved u won't see any noticble diffrence until u hand it over to a tuner. k_dssl and i are in this together he is in lebanon at the moment shoot him a PM i'm pretty sure he'll be more than happy to advice, since the guy has got tons of experience and done lots of research in this specific section ..

Regards,
The short answer:
At anything less than WOT/high engine loads, which is really the majority of our driving, you will get the added power/torque benefits from the freer flowing air, specially down low and mid-band.

When you go WOT with the engine under full load, the car will perform as if it has the stock exhaust, not worse.

A proper tune that addresses the right parameters for benefitting from the freer flowing air such as a good exhaust brings will allow you to reap the performance benefits of your exhaust under all throttle/load conditions.

Having said that, again, you can run the Europipe without a tune and not have to worry about CEL issues.

I do not know if the same holds true about CG.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:04 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
The reason why a 100 cell exhaust from Europipe won't trow a cell is because they use very big and expensive 100 cell cat's.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:47 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
EP is 100 cell, but nearly twice the surface area of traditional 200cell cats, hence no CEL. The 997.2tt does pull back the timing with reduced back pressure, not from a direct measure like a sensor, rather an indirect calculated variable by the ecu from info gleaned from other parameters such as EGT, AFR, primary/secondary o2 sats etc.
The question is, why has Porsche gone to this much trouble with this new engine?

Old 09-12-2010, 11:29 AM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
EP is 100 cell, but nearly twice the surface area of traditional 200cell cats, hence no CEL. The 997.2tt does pull back the timing with reduced back pressure, not from a direct measure like a sensor, rather an indirect calculated variable by the ecu from info gleaned from other parameters such as EGT, AFR, primary/secondary o2 sats etc.
The question is, why has Porsche gone to this much trouble with this new engine?

Chris,

What actually happens when it pulls back the timing ?

Is there less power...less torque...less throttle response ??

If I change the exhaust it is nice to know I won't have cell issues but what will be the consequences if I don't tune the ECU ?

Old 09-12-2010, 08:43 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
No, it will just feel stock.
If I had a .2 I'd be inclined to wait and see what happens over the next few months before making a decision.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We now have our own 997.2TT exhaust through Agency Power - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...-p-113450.html