997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Which exhaust for 997.2 Turbo 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:04 AM
C2SNerves is infamous around these partsC2SNerves is infamous around these parts
Which exhaust for 997.2 Turbo 2010

this subject has many threads i know.

Since the 997.2 turbo has been introduced, new custome designed exhuast systems are racing into the market; such as from Enco, 9ff, Techart, speedart. even some with control valves.

If i dont want to hear a lot of the airplane whislte what do you recommend? fabspeed has a lot of that.

please advise..

Old 06-13-2010, 11:57 AM
artur777 is infamous around these partsartur777 is infamous around these parts
Akrapovic will launch their exhaust for 997.2 Turbo soon
Look at them very seriously as stock GT2 exhaust is developed by Akrapovic!!!

Old 06-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
Is this true? I know the GT2 exhaust is titanium..but manufactured by Akropovic?

Old 06-13-2010, 07:12 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
GT2 exhaust is not 100% TI. For the best results go with a JIC TI exhaust. Be prepared to spend $7,000.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:10 PM
C2SNerves is infamous around these partsC2SNerves is infamous around these parts
after a lot of research, the most interesting so far is: 2010 997.2 3.8 Turbo WC-GT exhaust muffler

has anyone tried this one?

they do not change the cats on your tt. they maintain the OEM filters. This is important because from what i have seen, many complete exhaust systems generate black carbon powder on exhaust tips.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
all exhaust systems generate carbon...especially the non-DFI. (you have DFI.) Its unspent fuel.

Also 600 CPSI is not ideal solution in spending $$$ to upgrade a performance part.
If you're spending the money for a free flow exhaust.. BECAUSE YOU WANT MORE HORSEPOWER ...the catalyst plays a HUGE part
in the increase of this performance (due to faster exhaust flow..)

Old 06-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
+1 on what Charles said. He summed it up .

Old 06-16-2010, 03:18 AM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Serpentene

Also 600 CPSI is not ideal solution in spending $$$ to upgrade a performance part.
If you're spending the money for a free flow exhaust.. BECAUSE YOU WANT MORE HORSEPOWER ...the catalyst plays a HUGE part
in the increase of this performance (due to faster exhaust flow..)

What if one is upgrading more for a more aggressive exhaust note and wants to make sure there is NO LOSS of horsepower in the process and not necessarily doing it to have MORE horsepower ??

In this case is changing the cats needed or can it be achieved with with just changing the exhaust ?

Old 06-16-2010, 04:03 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bosco42
What if one is upgrading more for a more aggressive exhaust note and wants to make sure there is NO LOSS of horsepower in the process and not necessarily doing it to have MORE horsepower ??

In this case is changing the cats needed or can it be achieved with with just changing the exhaust ?
just changing the muffler will achieve the above statement

according to the champion motorsports post in the vendor section, the new tubi will be available modular

Old 06-16-2010, 04:25 AM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
According to them it will be awhile before they will release it in modular form...he states they want to fill all the orders that include cats first.

I am just wondering if I really need to change the cats also. What would I be gaining by doing this other than possibly having CEL issues and warranty issues ??

Last edited by bosco42; 06-21-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:49 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Exclamation

According to them it will be awhile before they will release it in modular form...he states they want to fill all the orders that include cats first.

The only other manuf. that I found that sells just the exhaust section for the 997.2 TT is GMG.

I am just wondering if I really need to change the cats also. What would I be gaining by doing this other than possibly having CEL issues and warranty issues ??
If you stay with 200 cel should not be any issues. It will perform much better with the less restrictive cats. Here is what I have on my 996 TT S Cab and it is truly unique and performance based.

http://cross-na.com/ViewProduct.aspx...4&CarMakeID=14

Old 06-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Never heard of that manuf. and they don't have exhausts for 2009 or 2010

Old 06-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Never heard of that manuf. and they don't have exhausts for 2009 or 2010
They make a wide varity of products and needto update there web site. They are selling 3.8L DI exhaust and believe they are worth the money. Call Dan a Vivid Racing since he sells this product. I have used several exhaust over the last 15 years and this is the best one I have experienced. Weight and HP gains are great.

I also loke several other tuners products on this site and you will not go wrong with other full TI exhaust so take your time and get one that is right for you.

I was looking for weight rediction and peformance.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Can anyone comment on GMG products in general and/or exhausts in particular.

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Old 06-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Can anyone comment on GMG products in general and/or exhausts in particular.

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks
Full TI Exhaust is well made and sounds great. Weight reduction is on the medium side. Price is very good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which exhaust for 997.2 Turbo 2010