997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My new DCT steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:43 PM
JT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura about
My new DCT steering wheel

Hey guys - got my new DCT wheel in last week and thought I'd post a few pics for everyone to gander at. Thanks to Dan at Vivid for his help in the process.

Overall I must say I am very happy with it. I found the stock wheel to be pretty thin and loved the look of the Techart and Vorsteiner. The Techart is pricey (but a proven quality product) and the Vorsteiner seemed to have its own issues many on this forum are aware of. I also really liked the look of the "GT3 Racing Strip" at 12 o'clock and the idea of being able to custom order everything to my liking.

The quality is a 9.75/10. The leather has a very high quality feel and the stitching and workmanship look great. The contoured sides are perfectly designed and feel awesome.

Enjoy!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:13 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Looks nice!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:19 PM
ClutchMan is infamous around these parts
That looks pretty slick .... nice ergo

Old 06-14-2010, 11:27 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Looks fantastic! I need to get something done myself!

Old 06-15-2010, 07:59 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Looks great. Congrats.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:05 AM
tclayj is infamous around these parts
Wheel

Originally Posted by JT1198
Hey guys - got my new DCT wheel in last week and thought I'd post a few pics for everyone to gander at. Thanks to Dan at Vivid for his help in the process.

Overall I must say I am very happy with it. I found the stock wheel to be pretty thin and loved the look of the Techart and Vorsteiner. The Techart is pricey (but a proven quality product) and the Vorsteiner seemed to have its own issues many on this forum are aware of. I also really liked the look of the "GT3 Racing Strip" at 12 o'clock and the idea of being able to custom order everything to my liking.

The quality is a 9.75/10. The leather has a very high quality feel and the stitching and workmanship look great. The contoured sides are perfectly designed and feel awesome.

Enjoy!

Looks fantastic. Where did you get your pedal kit? Love the porsche logo on the pedals.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 AM
JT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the comments guys - very happy and though our "trained" eyes can pick it out in an instant, I have had friends comment that it looks very OEM. Kind of what I had hoped to accomplish - not too blingy, but different enough and serves a real purpose in terms of feel.

Since a couple have asked on PM, ordered specs are partial flat bottom, black smooth leather top and bottom, black perforated leather sides, silver stiching and silver GT3 type 12 o'clock stripe.

The pedals are from Suncoast for like $100 (a bargain compared to some other aftermarket pedals I thought). I took my time and they installed in a few hours of inexperienced / unskilled home labour with minor assistance from my 5 year old son .

Old 06-15-2010, 05:19 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
That does look fantastic! Just curious what keeps it from being a perfect 10? Just curious. I have the TechArt in mine and it's lasted well through nearly 4 years of use.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Looks great!

Old 06-15-2010, 05:48 PM
7Speed is infamous around these parts
Looks great. Congrats.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:51 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
That does look fantastic! Just curious what keeps it from being a perfect 10? Just curious. I have the TechArt in mine and it's lasted well through nearly 4 years of use.
I too was wondering why it lost the 1/4 pt?

Old 06-15-2010, 06:18 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PT Doc
I too was wondering why it lost the 1/4 pt?
There are no perfect 10's...except Bo Derek.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:21 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
There are no perfect 10's...except Bo Derek.
Bo Derek.

You're right!

Old 06-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Ferranki is infamous around these parts
Very nice wheel. Can a multi-function be fitted to a car that didn't have it originally?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:41 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ferranki
Very nice wheel. Can a multi-function be fitted to a car that didn't have it originally?
According to this thread
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...l-removal.html

the answer is yes, but you need to get it activated via PIWIS from the dealer.

OP: wheel looks great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new DCT steering wheel